Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
So take your pick of any/all of the issues. NSA, the IRS scandal, Big Brother, gas being almost $ 5.00 a gallon, the hypocrisy of all the politicians.......(to name just a few)
Why aren't more people paying attention?
I just talked to someone yesterday who didn't know any of the latest news.
Is this country that out of touch, & if so -I guess Big Brother's job was well done.
You are right but never forget that the country dumbed down the educational system so what you have now-a-days are nothing but sheep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 02:53 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
So take your pick of any/all of the issues. NSA, the IRS scandal, Big Brother, gas being almost $ 5.00 a gallon, the hypocrisy of all the politicians.......(to name just a few)
Is this country that out of touch, & if so -I guess Big Brother's job was well done.
Ever think that maybe what concerns them isn't what concerns you.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:03 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm cynical and numbed to it all at this point.

I used to care, but then I realized nobody else did. All they want to do is score points for their own side. It's a stupid game that I refuse to play and in the meantime, the country's going down the toilet.

Bravo.

I absolutely agree with ya' on this- I used to care, to try to wake people up.....Now, not so much.

George Carlin was so right

Old 06-12-2013, 03:08 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Too many of them are happy to go along like ignorant sheep, as long as they have enough high tech, gadgets and toys to keep them distracted.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:13 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
I do not waste my time either and instead my strategy is to get my little farm together and be more self sufficient and prepare for the worst. As long as they stay away from my property I could care less what they know or do not know.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
I think many have given up fighting the system because the govt. and Wall Street are all in bed together. The banks crash, big business crashes and the govt. bails them out with our tax money. The politicians need money to campaign, and they get the bulk of it from those on the top of the heap. So guess who the politicians are beholden to?

I don't listen to the experts who tell us how to live anymore, and I'm not really interested in most of the crap they put out anymore that they call "entertainment." I try to figure out with my own research how to survive and get along.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM

442 posts, read 800,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
the type who are obsessed with the Illuminati and supported Ron Paul.
That's quite a leap.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Apathy is to some degree a positive thing. In societies where the winner gets all the spoils apathy is limited.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:16 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
One can watch reality tv, drink on the weekends & still be up on the issues. I know people who don't care much about politics because they're too busy focusing on their kids. They're not involved in getting drunk or reality tv.

People get excited about what they think affects them. Some people get involved in all issues, some get involve in only a few & some get involve in none. It's just what you feel passionate or interested about. Some feel the issues mentioned are no big deal in the grand scheme of things, I'm one of them.
Unless you are a member of a conservative group and the IRS gives you a detailed rectal exam...ouch

Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
I think Americans are low information people right now, in regards to politics. I feel most are just desensitized to whats going on. News is 24/7. Too much information so most people just ignore it.
Back 40 years ago, when a news channel was on at 6pm most people watched it and also read the newspaper in the morning. So, it was more informative and not overwhelming.
If these "scandals" were brought up in the 70's, people would have been jailed and resigned. Nowadays, people are complicit with the wrong doings, or perceived wrong doings within our Gov, if they even know or have heard of what is going on.
The biggest issues i believe are issues is Benghazi and the IRS. Both Sad. I have friends in the SPECWAR community that find what happened in Benghazi just very sad, with regards to lack of support from our country. And the IRS, how can one not be concerned about the IRS doing what they have done..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies