Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 01:56 PM

229 posts, read 293,556 times

Advertisements

If you read the entire transcript, you would have seen this line:

"As long as I am assured a free and fair trial, and asked to appear, that seems reasonable,"

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-12-2013 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
I think they have turned everything over under duress and afraid of facing criminal charges. That is how this admin runs things. They use the DOJ, IRS as their battering rams to threaten and intimidate folks. Sure it has been done in the past but never to the level it is now. They are completely out of control and folks like the ones arguing in this thread that this guy saying we hack on China is the "problem" are so far gone it's about as scary as what our government is doing. Useful idiots is a compliment to many of them.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:59 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's what sent me hunting and pecking on the web for more.
They said "direct" access. That nuance of words would not mean much to non tech folks.

But you have access to the backbone then you have all of Apples communications.
But they are encrypted with SSL.
Hard to crack a 1024 bit key and for each of the big players.
So the big players handed over their keys to the NSA.

That's the main theory/speculation among the techies.
But all want to see the FISA warrant/court order so that people know for sure what these providers turned over.
And right there lies the REAL problem. The US government can't keep a single bit of data safe from foreign hackers. Now our REAL enemies will have those encryption keys. NOBODY's banking information is safe now. Watch for poeple getting ripped off even more now.

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
That's what sent me hunting and pecking on the web for more.
They said "direct" access. That nuance of words would not mean much to non tech folks.

But you have access to the backbone then you have all of Apples communications.
But they are encrypted with SSL.
Hard to crack a 1024 bit key and for each of the big players.
So the big players handed over their keys to the NSA.

That's the main theory/speculation among the techies.
But all want to see the FISA warrant/court order so that people know for sure what these providers turned over.
No, Google, Microsoft etc specifically said the NSA does NOT have direct, or back door access. But then again, that was already explained to you along with links on the other thread where that was actually the topic of the discussion (unlike this thread).

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Again, what physical documents were handed over? Do you have a list of them?
Not worth it. Some posters saying he went to "Red China".
I correct them with "Hong Kong".

When was the last time you heard that term..Red China ?
Are we back in the 60's or something ?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,446,267 times
Quote:

It's funny how China went from a model we should be looking at to our number one enemy within days....LMAO!

Old 06-12-2013, 02:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, Google, Microsoft etc specifically said the NSA does NOT have direct, or back door access. But then again, that was already explained to you along with links on the other thread where that was actually the topic of the discussion (unlike this thread).
Having the SSL key is not direct access nor is it a back door.
What about that do you not understand ?

I've was a systems programmer for over 20 years.
Man in the middle with the SSL key is INDIRECT access.

Same way these scammers get people to non banking sites posing as banking sites and getting their info.
Only the NSA man in the middle is not redirecting traffic..just offloading a copy for their own use.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Did I say that? All I know is I am busting my ass to pay Obama taxes so you can eat on my dime. I am a conservative so I have already been deemed the enemy by this administration.

All you have done is embolden Obama. It's his administration that is abusing power.
I don't eat on your dime! Stop flattering yourself.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:02 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:

They are as red as they always were and they seek to drive US influence from the region as they always have. It is just that corporate america does not want us to think that way or it might hurt trade (profits) if we thought we were sleeping with the enemy. You are acting pretty naive today, but surely you understand this. Also Hong Kong is under control of Red China. They let Hong Kong have the illusion of liberty but Beijing calls the shots. Red Chinese intelligence likely has our friend in "protective custody" by now.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:04 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And right there lies the REAL problem. The US government can't keep a single bit of data safe from foreign hackers. Now our REAL enemies will have those encryption keys. NOBODY's banking information is safe now. Watch for poeple getting ripped off even more now.
That's how it worked during WW-II. You get the Enigma keys, and you're good to go. It does not work like that anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies