Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 09:55 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Again, Agreed

But in the minds of the public consciousness and the Patriotic Act, anything before hand was tin hat talk.
That may be true with the younger folks, but most older people remember Nixon and 1978.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So tell us the date it started. Just saying everyone knows is not convincing at all.

Oh come on, you can't be that naive to think this is something new. I'm not trying to convince you....I'm just saying

Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Another interesting find.

Booz Allen U.S. Contracts Seen at Risk With Leaked Secrets

Quote:
Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old former employee of Booz Allen, disclosed to the U.K.’s Guardian newspaper that he provided journalists with documents describing a top-secret U.S. electronic surveillance program. The company said it fired him yesterday.
Quote:
The company is one of the most dependent on the U.S. government, the source of almost all its $5.76 billion in revenue in the year ended March 31, according to a regulatory filing. Some 23 percent, or $1.3 billion, of its fiscal 2013 revenue was from intelligence agencies.

Carlyle Group acquired Booz Allen in 2008 and still holds 67 percent, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

And the Carlyle Group is a Washington DC THINK TANK involved in a lot of shady operations.

And all this just shortly after the Bilderberg Meeting

Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
While I prefer not to wait and see if he can or does that wasn't the point of my comment which was that when people claim to do something for the "good of the country" then turn to the least transparent, least democratic, or those with the least clean hands, I become extremely concerned which is why the whole Bradley Manning affair has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

When I think of "whistle blowers" like Daniel Ellsberg, a senior analyst who held author the very report that he leaked, whose expertise in the field gave him a rather objective basis for weighting the pros and cons of his revelations. Who attempted to go through Congress and then only turning to the press and most importantly stayed in the country to defend his actions I detect certain level of seriousness to the endeavor and a lot less self aggrandizement.

Here's the problem with your argument, and please this isn't a blame Bush argument but the fact is that during the Bush administration the NSA conducted a very similar program, the difference was that there was not even the pretense of judicial oversight. The Verizon program, which none of have the slightest details of how it operated, was on the other hand conducted under warrant and the appropriate Congressional oversight. The KGB, didn't report to the Poliburo, much less the Supreme Soviet and never ever sought a warrant from the Soviet Supreme Court.
The problem is that Obama has taken the evil george bush to the next level and folks won't admit it. They will defend Obama to the end and throw this guy under the bus which they are in every post on this thread up to now I have read. Do you even know what our government was doing?? Unbelievable. Tapping into EVERYTHING. That makes us the enemy of EVERYONE. You folks just don't get it.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am afraid Snowden is naming them right now, as we post, to the Chinese government. It isn't like China will broadcast this information to the world. They are smarter than that, they will act on the information first.

Think about it. Would it make sense to you that China will report the classified information they get from Snowden for your reading pleasure?
Naming who?? LOL. You thing "Bill" is hacking into some chinese company? You aren't even paying attention to what is going on sir. This isn't the WOPR we're trying to get into bub. Gimme a break. You people are nuts.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
China doesn't need any "names". This isn't WWIII.
China has some of the most sophisticated US educated hackers in the world.
Loons will be loons............

Old 06-13-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Nothing most any media or poly tick wouldn't have done. Again Obama is right at the top of the list of traitors.
Once again you are right on spot Mac. The main traitor still hides behind the useful idiots.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Geeze that was great! 'Clinton the Impeached' sells us out to red commie china, and we patriots are the terrorists huh?

I have no idea how that man dares show his face in public these days. Must be the bodyguards for life he voted for himself. No doubt they have full auto weapons because there are more than one set of laws in the USA now.

The Idiot liar n' Thief we have now hangs ho ho ho chi chi min on the national x-mass tree, and again 'WE' are the terrorists WAUGH! That's a great joke...

Well the good thing is about 1/2 of us know WHO the real terrorists are... That's about 1/2 on congress and the Democrat Admin.

They can be my guest and push a just a little more.... They better start to worry about what it is they wished for.

Snowden for President in 16
These gdam lefties won't even admit that Clinton sold us out to China way back in the day like I posted way back in the beginning of this post. Un...gdam.....beeeeeeeliveable is what it is but that is what brain damage does to ya. I hope and pray I never get it. I guess when I do all will be wonderful in this country and Obama will save me...........

Old 06-13-2013, 04:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Our nation was born out of an act of treason.
You cannot commit treason against a foreign power, which is what England was to America at that time. Those people, however, who helped England during the war could have been charged for treason.

People are working hard to derail this thread. Either that, or "Obama suk" is the best argument that can come up with.

Old 06-13-2013, 04:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I'm not sure this whole story isn't fake. What if the US wanted to send a spy to China and did it in a very public way that also achieved the goal of taking the attention away from all of the other scandals? I'm more inclined to think of this Snowden issue as another dubious lost hikers in Iran/Iraq thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies