Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Did you show the same economic concerns, and ask who was going to pay for the free birth control, abortion pills, and free sterilization procedures the Obama admin mandated?
Abortion pills & free sterilization? I'm unaware of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 09:17 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Polls show low support for Obamacare but high support for universal healthcare.

Obamacare is a poorly written,seriously compromised bill written by a congress that was bought off by the for-profit healthcare system. Please don't confuse Obamacare with universal healthcare.

And Wisconsin is a Koch Brothers joke.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
A simple ultrasound, before permanently snuffing out a human life, seems like a reasonable request.
Two wrongs do not make a right. Forcing medical procedures on people is a terrible road to start down.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:21 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
All they have to do is get ahold of Washington for a list of phone numbers called, and screen the ones that called abortion clinics. Nothing like teamwork in politics

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post

Obamacare is a poorly written,seriously compromised bill written by a congress that was bought off by the for-profit healthcare system. Please don't confuse Obamacare with universal healthcare.

I have argued that I support universal health care. The claim was that Obamacare was supported.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Did I specify a trans vaginal ultrasound? No, I did not, so stop putting words in my mouth.

Quote:
Ultrasounds may be performed at any point during pregnancy, and the results are seen immediately on a monitor during the procedure. Transvaginal scans may be used early in pregnancy to diagnose potential ectopic or molar pregnancies.

There is not a recommended number of ultrasounds that should be performed during routine prenatal care. Because ultrasound should only be used when medically indicated, many healthy pregnancies will not require ultrasound. The average number of ultrasounds varies with each healthcare provider. Additional ultrasounds might be ordered separately if your healthcare provider suspects a complication or problem related to your pregnancy.
Ultrasound: Sonogram | American Pregnancy Association

I point out the bolded part also. "should only be used when medically indicated" How do senators know when a procedure is medically indicated?

Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Abortion pills & free sterilization? I'm unaware of this.
Look it up, it's a part of the Obama HHS mandate. I suppose some folks might not refer to the morning after pill as an abortion pill, but that is it's function.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Look it up, it's a part of the Obama HHS mandate. I suppose some folks might not refer to the morning after pill as an abortion pill, but that is it's function.
I PAY for my insurance premiums. So any birth control covered by the insurance company I paid for.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post

ObamaCare became what it was due to recognizing political reality. There is just no way a universal system would have survived Congress. As it was, no Republican voted for it.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Ultrasound: Sonogram | American Pregnancy Association

I point out the bolded part also. "should only be used when medically indicated" How do senators know when a procedure is medically indicated?
So now you show concern for the fetus, if an ultrasound is used? Yes, the baby can react to ultrasounds, and move abruptly if it's startled by it, because it can feel it, but the simple, non-invasive ultrasound I was referring to offers no risk to the mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies