Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 04:37 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times

Advertisements

This thread is begun with the intention of discussing jury selection and trial evidence; it has nothing to do with SYG or CC laws. Those issues merit their own threads. Please, let's remain civil; people are allowed to have opinions and theories without enduring personal attacks.

Attorneys pick up the pace in jury selection on third day of George Zimmerman trial | Fox News

"Defense attorney Mark O’Mara will need to show his client feared for his life and that race was not a factor in following Martin or shooting the teen, whose head was partially covered by a hoodie.
"O'Mara's challenge is to show Trayvon wasn't profiled, that Zimmerman either saw something that looked suspicious or something else that caused him to make contact with Trayvon," McClean also said."

That seems to be the crux of the issue.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:54 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Default Prospective Juror E7 tried to fool Zimmerman's lawyers

No jurors have been chosen yet. I've been listening to the jury selection process and prospects are (mainly) either completely clueless about current events or are pretending to be unbiased because they want to be on the jury.

» Zimmerman Prosp. Juror E7: “no conclusions,” but posted on pro-Trayvon, anti-Zimmerman site containing threat against Zimmerman - Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion

Prospective juror E7 claimed that he had arrived at “no conclusion” in this case - but after extensive questioning by the defense, and some quick Googling, it was shown that back in March 21, 2012 he had actively posted on a Facebook page, “Coffee Party Progressives.” This Facebook page was strongly pro-Trayvon, and anti-Zimmerman, with one poster commenting: ”I say give the guy [Zimmerman] some skittles and an iced tea and shoot him in the head.” (We do not know whether any of the content captured in the screen captures below is that of E7, only that they represent the content posted on the page on the same date the Court determined E7 had posted.) The defense team gave the judge a screenshot of the Facebook post, and E7 confirmed that he had written it. $%^&*$ juror dismissed.

Screen Shot 2013-06-12 at 7.01.37 PM

It appeared, in short, to be a deliberate attempt by E7 to deceive the court as to his state of mind in order to obtain a seat on the jury, deny Zimmerman his Constitutional rights to a fair and impartial jury, and obtain an improper conviction of Zimmerman for murder in the second degree.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Considering that Zimmerman himself (along with his trailer trash wife) also attempted to do deceive the court by hiding financial assets I really have no sympathy for him if pro-Trayvon jurors are selected for his trial.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:13 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Considering that Zimmerman himself (along with his trailer trash wife) also attempted to do deceive the court by hiding financial assets I really have no sympathy for him if pro-Trayvon jurors are selected for his trial.
I know right, all that "fair trial" stuff is overrated anyway.

We should just take him out back and shoot him.

Mind boggling.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:16 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
What a stupid thing to say. Our judicial system is either fair to everybody or it works for nobody. It's not about sympathy, it's about doing the right thing. Jurors are entrusted with a responsibility to hear all the evidence without prejudice. I just hope to God nobody ends up with you on their jury. You don't seem to know right from wrong.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:43 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Good, the more this kind of stuff happens the greater the chances are of Zimmerman being acquitted and walking out of that courtroom a free man like he should be.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I know right, all that "fair trial" stuff is overrated anyway.

We should just take him out back and shoot him.

Mind boggling.
Works for me. An eye for an eye....

And besides, George Zimmerman decided to be Trayvon Martin's judge, jury and executioner so he himself should have no problem with the same vigilante justice being visited upon himself.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Good, the more this kind of stuff happens the greater the chances are of Zimmerman being acquitted and walking out of that courtroom a free man like he should be.
And I am pretty sure that GZ will come across someone who also decides to "stand their ground" against him, as well.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,262 times
Quote:
Works for me. An eye for an eye....

And besides, George Zimmerman decided to be Trayvon Martin's judge, jury and executioner so he himself should have no problem with the same vigilante justice being visited upon himself.
I could use your psychic powers for some stock market advice. PM me.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:12 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,836,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What a stupid thing to say. Our judicial system is either fair to everybody or it works for nobody. It's not about sympathy, it's about doing the right thing. Jurors are entrusted with a responsibility to hear all the evidence without prejudice. I just hope to God nobody ends up with you on their jury. You don't seem to know right from wrong.
right on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies