Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 07:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I just went to the Public Shaming website listed in the article. What is ironic is many of the racist posters are actually black!!!
http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/

Proof that no culture or race has a monopoly on bigotry.
I doubt it has anything to do with race. The kid has a very nice voice -- but he seems to be a Mexico-firster or from a family that is.

Cesar Chavez was against illegal immigration.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Talk about a bigot, did you see this quote in the story?

"
Irma Mireles, a civil rights activist since the 1960s Chicano Movement, said she was horrified by the tweets.
“At first, I got angry,” she said. “Then I realized these are ignorant people, and they're afraid of the future, and the future is brown.”

You know, they are as racist and ignorant as anyone down in Mexico.

If a white person said the future is white, they would be publicly destroyed by the media.
True -- even if a black American said the future is about black Americans, he'd be accused of racism. Mexicans can say that they are taking over this country --- they messed up their own and expect they should be handed ours on a silver platter -- but their racism is never questioned.

That's what people are angry about. No one is even angry about immigration -- as long as it's not all about one ethnic group getting a free pass. I haven't heard anyone upset over legal immigrants from India, France, Japan, etc.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The anti illegal immigrant crowd hates all Mexicans, not just the illegal ones. They even hate people in Mexico, who by definition can't be illegal.

LOL! You define Mexican as a race of people!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I feel bad for these type of Hispanics who have to see their identity tarnished by a mass invasion from Central Mexico.
It might be time to express ... this:

Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
When I read this today I just shook my head.

San Antonio's own mariachi attacked in racist tweets - San Antonio Express-News

What is wrong with some people?
Its called multiculturalism.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I'm just curious, this kid did such a good job with the national Anthem. What drives certain people to protest people like him? He is born and raised here in America.
He was dressed in a Mexican outfit -- the same kind of outfit that some university kids wore and got condemned for wearing and called racist for wearing.

I think some people would defend him waving his big Mexican flag while singing our national anthem.

Kids in Texas are not normally running around in the cultural clothes of another nation, not even in San Antonio, so what was the point in this kid dress up like it was Mexico-Day?

Old 06-13-2013, 08:20 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
I heard about this last night. I'm disgusted by people, they have absolutely no respect for anyone, even a young boy. I'm getting tired of the hate here, real tired.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I believe that anybody can sing the American anthem as this is a free country. However,

What do you think?

A. It is disrespectful for a person to dress in another country's style (Mariachi) of clothing and sing an American anthem.

B. It is ok as long as no one makes fun of the American Anthem.

C. Not sure

D. None of the above.
That basketball game was in San Antonio, a majority Hispanic city. Mexican culture is everywhere in San Antonio. It is perfectly reasonable for the kid to be wearing attire of Mexican people.

I suppose in Miami it could have been a 10 year old kid of Cuban descent. I wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
The kid is not doing himself any favors dressing like one of the Three Amigos.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:22 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
your hatred towards conservatives is a little obnoxious. everyone of your posts turn into conservatives are racist etc. what if the people who posted that crap were black liberals?
And what if they were black conservatives? Show me where I claim all conservatives are racist? A little obnoxious? So how do you think liberals feel about all the hatred posted towards them by conservatives on here? Talk about obnoxious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies