Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2013, 02:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,529,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I'd say a fair majority are, having lived in Miami for most of my life until a few years ago I can attest. Also, Brazil, Cuba and other places have plenty of racism.
I'm a black Cuban, son of a Cuban mom and African American dad.

I know there are a lot of racist Hispanics, Cubans included. Some are whites who hate blacks, some are mestizos who hate blacks, some are blacks who hate themselves. But to say "Hispanics are racist toward blacks" is pretty misinformed. If that were the case, people like me wouldn't even exist.

'Nuff said.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:40 PM

62,403 posts, read 28,671,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
All those ethnocentric 5 year olds running around...
No, it's all the adult ones coming here illegally and procreating on our soil and therefore changing the demographics, culture and language of our country along with their ethnocentric citizen counterparts that are salivating over turning our country into a Hispanic one via massive immigration both legally and illegally. Keep your day job you're no standup comedian.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post
Us as black people do not care if and when Latinos over take us in population numbers. We never was number one any way. As a people, we have a long history of struggle but we still find a way to make it through. The only people I see worried about Latinos is European Caucasians ( whites). I do not see Asians and other ethnicity groups care or worry about Latinos. White people also worry about Muslims as well. Maybe they have have a point with that one because Muslims are always trying to kill or blow up Caucasians because that is who they have beef with ideology wise.
Illegal Hispanics are taking jobs from Americans and that includes both blacks and other Americans. They are running blacks out of their neighborhoods. I can't for the life of me understand why blacks in particular are up for their own demise. Do blacks really hate whitey that much?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
I don't see how a demographic change in skin color is good or bad. It's just a thing. If the under 5 demographic was being born into more low income families or something actually negative, I could see cause for concern, but race alone doesn't tell you anything.
It has nothing to do with skin color or race but a demographic change due mostly to illegal immigration from south of our border. It's also about losing our culture and language to a foreign one in that manner. It's also about not respecting our immigration laws. And yes, these people are only adding more poverty to our country.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal Hispanics are taking jobs from Americans and that includes both blacks and other Americans. They are running blacks out of their neighborhoods. I can't for the life of me understand why blacks in particular are up for their own demise. Do blacks really hate whitey that much?
You just don't get it, do you?

Old 06-13-2013, 02:52 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,703,589 times
the most disturbing thing is that white men will never be acknowledged as a minority. they have always been a minority, but they are not entitled to minority privilege. white women have always been the majority, but they still qualify for minority status. explain that. is it because the minority of elected politicians are white males? well if all those white women didn't vote for white men, there would be more women politicians.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
the most disturbing thing is that white men will never be acknowledged as a minority. they have always been a minority, but they are not entitled to minority privilege. white women have always been the majority, but they still qualify for minority status. explain that. is it because the minority of elected politicians are white males? well if all those white women didn't vote for white men, there would be more women politicians.
White men have always been a minority?

If indeed that were true, they have had minority privilege from Day 1. White men are the most privileged group in America.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:57 PM

1,137 posts, read 968,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
They would never do that, they would actually be forced to run more than their mouths and do some actual work. As of now the only thing they can do is spout off about how great white people were 100 years ago.
Yea, because racial integration has worked out so well hasnt it?

I relocated to a small midwestern town from Las Vegas a few years ago, the growing diversity and negative aspects that came along with it were a major reason why I left the city that I loved so much.

Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,223,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It has nothing to do with skin color or race but a demographic change due mostly to illegal immigration from south of our border. It's also about losing our culture and language to a foreign one in that manner. It's also about not respecting our immigration laws. And yes, these people are only adding more poverty to our country.
Source that they're adding more poverty? The only thing this article tells us is that whites are a plurality rather than a majority. It doesn't say anything about incomes.

Also, they aren't taking our culture. No one is telling you to change how you live. There are far more immigrants becoming Americanized than there are native Americans becoming Latinized (if there are any Americans becoming Latinized at all)

Old 06-13-2013, 02:59 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,703,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
White men have always been a minority?

If indeed that were true, they have had minority privilege from Day 1. White men are the most privileged group in America.
sorry that sailed over your head. white women have minority status. white men do not. there are more white women than there are white men. was that clear enough for you? you are right though. every morning I wake up, and I receive an award for being a white male. life is soooooooooooo much easier when you are a white man. I would love to hear about all of my privileges, so I can further exploit them. thanks in advance.

sincerely,
white male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.