Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 09:51 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,583,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Oh I get it. Palin had the right to viciously attack libs, but she was untouchable. Um... care to say why? Because she uses a lot of makeup? Because she wears high heels? Why (according to you) shouldn't the freak be attacked right back?
Can you give an example of one of her vicious attacks?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:56 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
No. Its not how SOME liberals work. It is how LIBERALISM works. There may be SOME liberals who arent comfortable being ugly, but by and large, it is perfectly fine for liberals to make fun of Sarah Palin, call her every name in the book including the C word. accuse her of being her baby's GRANDMOTHER, have a noted FEMINIST go on national TV and say Palin should have been a stay at home mother etc.

yea that is how it works. if you are a woman and not a liberal, you will be attacked in the most base manner and NO ONE from the left will stand up. Not one liberal female politician, not one member of the mainstream media NO ONE.

Now if Rush says something about some liberal female, then it is engage the enemy call up the troops and boycott everything assocated with him. Why? Not because someone said something ugly about a woman, but because a LIBERAL WAS ATTACKED.

This is what your side is.
Oooh, is that anything like Ann Coulter saying women should never have been allowed to vote, because they're too stupid? I'm pretty sure Ann isn't a liberal.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Then make a joke about her, but leave kids out of it.
For the 5th time, there was no comment about her kid by Bill Maher.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
Palin is a horrible example of what a responsible mother should be. Maher was probably referring to Palin as the "retarded" person, not a child.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:59 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,858 times
Quote:
I get what you said. beleive me I get it. you really believe what you said. That is exactly what my posts here are pointing out.

its so ingraned in you you cannot see the forrest for the trees. you may not know what you are but those of us reading the posts here get it.
Ferd, do you know how many of your conservative friends make fun of what women actually look like? They insult Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, etc. for what they look like. I choose not to sink to that childish level because looks have nothing to do with it, it's what Palin, Bachman & Coulter stand for, believe in, say out loud that I have a problem with. Please, enough with the sanctimony. It's a false front.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:01 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Oooh, is that anything like Ann Coulter saying women should never have been allowed to vote, because they're too stupid? I'm pretty sure Ann isn't a liberal.
ahh.... so when Ann uses satire, it is the same as liberals reporting as fact, that Sarah Palin's son was in fact not her son but her GRANDSON?

like that?

Another tenant of liberalism: if a conservative uses outrageous satire to illistrate a point, suggest the satire was not in fact satire, rather, it is really what they believe in reality.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Do you have any proof that the majority of liberals agree with any of this? I bet not.
Quote:
Yea, the 2000 election when liberals started the vile attacks on Palin. AND NOT ONE MAJOR LIBERAL STOOD UP.
We're getting awfully vague here, not to mention off-topic. But regardless of whichever "vile attacks" on Palin you are referring to, and whatever you mean by "major", this is hardly proof that the majority of liberals in this country are OK with any truly vile or over-the-line comments. And it certainly doesn't prove that most liberals are okay with Bill Maher's alleged labeling of her youngest son as a "retard".

Quote:
Lets just make some comparisons.

Rush said some nasty things about Sandra Fluck. Boycotts were called, liberals everywhere called for his head on a platter. Mar called Palin the Cword and where was the outrage? Where were the boycotts? Where were the calls for Mar to be off TV? This is just a single example. I could go on for days.
Okay, so a lot of liberals were outraged by his comment... and very few (if any) major Republican figures shared their outrage. If nothing else, you just proved that people with a political bias choose what to be bothered with accordingly. It isn't a liberal thing; it's an extremist thing.

Quote:
and please dont be obtuse (this seems to be a common malady today), Really the dictionary definition of liberalim? seriously? good grief.
You attacked liberalism itself, did you not? I was pointing out to you that, no, being okay with insulting others in any case is not how liberalism in and of itself works.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Then make a joke about her, but leave kids out of it.
Why? She brings out her family to ingratiate others to her. She brings them in, and puts them right there, squarely in the center of the debate. Tell her to shut up about them, and then people will be silent. She wants to have her cake and eat it too. No can do.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Can you give an example of one of her vicious attacks?
The freak's entire campaign was made up of savage attacks of libs, which is why in the beginning she was the GOP sweetheart and the GOP was loving up on her. But in all fairness, ALL GOPers do that - they attack, and then whine loudly when they're attacked back, as if somehow they'd been born with a dispensation to be allowed to attack and not get it back. Buncha hypocrites.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:06 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Ferd, do you know how many of your conservative friends make fun of what women actually look like? They insult Michelle Obama, Nancy Pelosi, etc. for what they look like. I choose not to sink to that childish level because looks have nothing to do with it, it's what Palin, Bachman & Coulter stand for, believe in, say out loud that I have a problem with. Please, enough with the sanctimony. It's a false front.

didnt you use the word "idiot"? that isnt what they stand for. that is a personal attack.

and yes people on forums say things about pretty much everybody. That happens because that is what the discouse has devolved into. BECAUSE LIBERALS use course, vile, personal attacks to discredit their political enemies. period.

At the end of the day, we know this for certain. If a Republican of any status were to make a nasty comment about the looks of any liberal female, or make vile comments about her, liberals everywhere will sand up and defend and lash out. The "victem" might even get a call from the liberal President. AND the media will make a HUGE deal about it.

However, if a democrat of status says something nasty about a conservative, no one says a bloody word. Media doesnt even mention it. Presidents go play golf, the National Organization for Women dont comment. period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.