Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:17 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
White House: Syria crosses 'red line' with use of chemical weapons - CNN.com

White House officially states that Syria has crossed the red line. Beautiful, isn't it? We need more war because ending the war in Iraq made us need another war. So yay for Democracy! We need to install Democracy everywhere...
I got a great plan for all of our troops in the Middle East.

Have the Commanding General give the order: "Get on the plane, boys. Now."

The genius is in the simplicity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 08:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
What exactly IS Obama's Middle East strategy? Is it to let radical islamist groups rule EVERY country in the region? Or what?
A map of the Middle East and a handful of darts.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
what is being considered from the supposed cross the redline is supplying arms to the rebels. Britani is also considering this and they claim that chemical weapons have been used. the problem I see is its all not been done because we have no idea who the rebels really are. Same problem anywhere in middle east as we saw in Egypt ;Libya and Afganistan against Russians. Nothing new we supplied the Russians arms n WWII and they then were our enemy in the cold war.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:24 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Fire up another hit for George W. Obama.

I guess $17 trillion in debt means nothing to these neocons.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Obama is alot better at war than Bush
Obama might be better at finishing, Bush still has the edge on starting wars.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:36 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Obama might be better at finishing, Bush still has the edge on starting wars.

Bush-- Iraq. Afghanistan. (2)

Obama-- Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Uganda, Mali, Syria, sanctions on the Iranian people (an act of war). (7)

7 > 2.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Its wasn't just carrier as we used stealth fighters to take out radar and other installations ;AWAX control over skys thru out as well has provided refueling to French and British. They don't have the capabilities.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:49 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol all you people want us to go to war with Syria just so you can complain about Obama.
You're absolutely correct if you're saying I am being tough on Obama; Obama didn't earn my vote but he simply had my vote therefore any and everything he does I'll be critical of. If it even seems like he's wanting war, I'll be critical of it because so many people that are Democrats or Liberals aren't criticizing Obama for what he really is, he is Bush 2.0 but some of you are in denial. A real Democrat or Liberal should be able to realize this non-sense, but a great majority of you aren't and this is why I was pushed away from the Democrats. I criticized Obama last year for not representing what a true Democrat would and after realizing you guys are playing hypocrite with him I departed my ways and became a left-leaning independent.

If I say "Obama is spying on Americans", a Democrat will say "That started under Bush", and while I agree that it did start under him, we all condemned him for doing it. So remind me, why did we vote for Obama for? I thought we voted for "Change" but it's all the same. Now am I saying I would've voted for McCain? Heck no, but nonetheless you would've expected more of this non-sense out of him, not Obama. So do me just this one favor Democrats, stop pretending as if Obama isn't just like Bush if not worse. I like both Obama and Bush as people, but both of their policies on just about anything involving foreign policy is terrible. The only thing I can applaud Obama for is that he actually waits for war, rather than sending our troops in as soon as something negative happens (9/11 happened, Bush had troops in Afghanistan fighting the next month). But then again, I don't see this a coincidence that amidst these scandals, he suddenly says Syria has drawn the red line. Could he not wait until the conference with Russia to do this?

Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 PM

461 posts, read 555,873 times
The rebels are the scum of the earth. I hope Assad sends them all to hell.

It's such a shame. Syria was a beautiful nation before this war. Self-efficient, lots of exports and few imports, secular society and politics, free education, free healthcare, decent economy, minimal foreign debt. Assad did all he could to avoid this war. He offered dialogue with protesters and to meet their negotiations, but Islamic fundamentalists don't know the language of dialogue, they only know war, and we are just as bad in that department.

The US needs to steer clear of Syria. We have a hand in ruining that nation, let's not have a hand in supporting terrorists like the Islamic fundamentalist rebels who will inevitably attack us one day. They've already raped women, killed children, blown up churches and mosques, committed suicide bombings in civilian districts, and vowed genocide on Syria's minorities like the Alawite Muslims and the Christians. They will come for us one day.

You would think the US learned its lesson after funding Bin Ladin's men in the 80s.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:09 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,409,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post

Bush-- Iraq. Afghanistan. (2)

Obama-- Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Uganda, Mali, Syria, sanctions on the Iranian people (an act of war). (7)

7 > 2.
Try not to dislocate a shoulder with this reach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies