Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Are they not more fertile?

fertile is not a bad word..
I am sure it will be....soon.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:48 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Old people just need to get out of the way. They cause so much trouble with their right wing views and their tight-fisted attitudes toward education, infrastructure, environment, and R&D. All they care about is taking, taking taking. While I would stop short of outright extermination, I think the best thing would be to let them die by denying anything but palliative health care when they become seriously ill. This would hasten the day when we rid ourselves of the curse of the most selfish generation in the history of humanity - boomers. In their place we would have fine, strong, Hispanic immigrants who are not afraid of hard work and ask for little other than opportunity - like the boomers parents and the generations before.
Get out of the way? What does that mean? They shouldn't be able to vote and express their views as citizens of this country? Where are you getting that all or even most of the elderly have right wing views? My mother-in-law and her sister are both adamant Democrats. My mother-in-law is 90 years old! What makes you think that a leftist view is commendable but a right wing one is not? You're opinion so that makes it right?

Just let them die? They are selfish? What a despicable, hate-filled piece of work you are. Gee, it wouldn't have anything to do with the majority of the elderly being white, would it? You make be sick! Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:50 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The new Bush doctrine :

We will allow millions and millions of Mexicans into the U S and they will breed and populate and expand the economy with 8 to 10 dollar a hour servcie jobs. And since there are more of them the Mexicans will be supporting SSI and Medicare of the baby boomers. This is the Bush fix for SSI and Medicare.
Looks like someone doesn't understand that FICA deductions are based on salary, not number of folks contributing.

I guess when you don't contribute, you don't realize these simple things.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I did not know that he was married to a latina. Perhaps that is how he knows they are more fertile than americans.

He sounds like he is taking about cattle, not people.
I don't think it's possible to be politically aware and not know that. That would be kinda like not knowing Sarah Palin has a baby with Downs.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Jeb is on a mission to create an America which will elect his son president.
Hey, that works for me. That young fella has a place in politics. He's getting an awfully slow start, though.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:04 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
The fertility rate in the United States is 2.01
The fertility rate in Mexico is 2.32

Fertility rate is defined as the number of children already born to women ages 15-44.

If we don't have immigration and more babies born in the U.S. we will start losing population in a few decades.

Look at Japan and Western European countries that do not have immigration for examples.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Hey should know, his lovely wife (and I mean that sincerely) Columba, a Mexican national by birth, did provide him with three lovely children.
Do you think Jeb's respect of South Americans came from being around his Mexican born wife,

or is Jeb trying to bring in low wage corporate workers?

Old 06-15-2013, 07:12 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't think it's possible to be politically aware and not know that. That would be kinda like not knowing Sarah Palin has a baby with Downs.
Some people are more interested about political issues than about the bloodlines of ex-governors spouses. I don't give a rats ass where Jebs wife was born.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Do you think Jeb's respect of South Americans came from being around his Mexican born wife,

or is Jeb trying to bring in low wage corporate workers?
I dont' know. He seems to flip flop all over the place on the issue. First he says he supports path to citizenship, then he says he does not support it and then he says he supports is under the right circumstances, and now he sees potential profit in the fertility rates of immigrants, apparently in an effort to support the reform again.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:56 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Instead of bringing in millions of very impoverished uneduchaated immigrants that have sky high birth rates but require Medicaid, food stamps and will get EITC, why not make it easier for the American middle class to have children?

Slash taxes, cut government spending and let jobs go to Americans so that Americans will not be always in such a financial pinch and those who want more children can afford them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies