Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2013, 01:29 AM

167 posts, read 163,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
Frankly, I don't care to read all the posts, so I'll just chime in (as a four kid foster parent) with this.

IF YOU CAN'T FEED 'EM. DON'T BREED 'EM.

The best birth control is no freebies.

I agree. If you can't even support one kid, you aren't gonna do much better with more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
That's precisely how you know these people aren't conservatives. Not at all.

DISCLAIMER: This is not an endorsement of so-called liberals or Democrats. I hate them too.

But with regards to "conservatives" we need to keep in mind: there are none in American politics anymore.

The GOP completely abandoned conservative principles back sometime between the end of the Vietnam conflict and the beginning of the Disco era.

Conservativism in American politics is dead. Dead as Dillinger.

The last three Republican presidents we've had have been among the LEAST conservative leaders this nation has ever seen.

What we got now are neo-con, moral watchdog "social conservatives." Not the same thing.

The Republicans of the last 40 or so years have proven time and again they are every bit 100% as incompetent and irresponsible with money and resources as the Democrats and every bit 100% as invasive and intrusive into the private lives of citizens as the Democrats.

Anyone who can't see this, or who refuses to acknowledge this, is nothing but a blind, duped, hypocritical, myopic partisan hack imbecile, regardless of their party affiliation.
Agreed.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:33 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomForMorsi View Post
I agree. If you can't even support one kid, you aren't gonna do much better with more.
While I agree with this in a general sense, what are you going to do?

Advocate that the government intervene and dictate how many children a person can have?

Old 09-21-2013, 01:43 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
While I agree with this in a general sense, what are you going to do?

Advocate that the government intervene and dictate how many children a person can have?
Nope.
People just need to go back to being responsible. Take birth control. Use condoms. Say no. And we shouldn't increase the amount of benefits everytime they have another child. Instead set them up with a program to go get a better education to get a good job so THEY can look after their kids. If they still need SNAP, then fine.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:52 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,377 times
Quote:
Here's a factoid for you: we are ALL living off of each other in one sense or another.

We live in a society.

We all access all kinds of things that our shared contributions have brought into existence for our mutual, collective benefits.

And remember this fact as well: the vast majority of people receiving SNAP either hold at least one legitimate job, or are elderly, or physically or mentally handicapped.

While there is fraud and there are low-lifes who game the system, and there are some who cold work but don't, they are the exception and not the rule.
That's what family is for. Am I related to you?

Old 09-21-2013, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
That's what family is for. Am I related to you?
In some way, if you take our respective geneologies back far enough, we probably are related in one way or another.

But you are ignoring the fact we all utilize the system of roads and highways, the services of police and fire departments, public transportation perhaps, we all pay taxes that go to subsidize a number of different things (some of which we would prefer not to be subsidizing), we all help pay for people who are less fortunate or who cannot, for whatever reason, take care of themselves, the majority of us send our children to public schools or are the product of the public school system ourselves, and on and on and on.

Nobody is completely self-made. Nobody lives in a vacuum. We do, for all the wrinkles and unpleasantries, live in a society. We do, for better or worse, become more human by doing so.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:05 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,377 times
Sorry Griffis, I see you replied with likely another juvenile retort but, as I mentioned in the other thread, you're now part of my quantum singularity.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:05 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,919,476 times
There is no excuse for unwanted pregnancies today.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:13 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomForMorsi View Post
A lot of people that I know with kids use the 'excuse' that religion plays a part in why they aren't getting an abortion. In certain situations an excellent child comes out of the situation and maybe the government assistance the parents offered will pay back tremendously IF and only IF that child actually does something to benefit his/her community or country. Imagine if someone like Elon Musk had been aborted, or Ronald Reagan or Bill Clinton. Some embryo was probably aborted already that could've created something really beneficial to society such as ending poverty, or being the best President we've ever seen; I guess I care about the possibilities when involving abortion but not necessarily the practice of abortion.

Now with that being said, I'm very pro-abortion and I find it necessary in a overwhelming amount of situations simply because of financial need or even emotional stability, but still that slight possibility that the embryo could grow into someone that saves the world or even change one of our lives makes me think..

Old 09-21-2013, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Sorry Griffis, I see you replied with likely another juvenile retort but, as I mentioned in the other thread, you're now part of my quantum singularity.
Yes, I wish I possessed the keen mind you have exhibited here. I concede. Nothing I could say could possibly withstand your eminent insight.

I will try to take the high road and not be so "juvenile" in the future. Endeavoring to respond to you just makes me look shallow and silly.

I will have to be content to wallow in mediocrity with the masses.

What was it you said that was at all profound or fact-based again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies