Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 08:10 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,436 times

Advertisements

Women did have coat hanger abortions before Roe vs Wade. Back then you could find an MD to do a safe illegal abortion if you had plenty of $$$ but back then just like today it was the poorer woman who had the least access to contraceptives and safe abortions.

Women didn't use the coathanger in the back alley...they used it in the privacy of their own home.

If you were a teenager or a woman without the money to pay a private doctor you had to go the coat hanger route....or drink some disgusting concotion(and hope it worked)...take a hot bath and drink plenty vodka (and hope it worked).....throw yourself down the stairs etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Educate your own self.

Medical doctors performed abortions when they were illegal. Using the exact same methods as when they are legal. Only thing that changed is they can talk about it now.

Planned Parenthood reported 39 women died in 1972 because of illegal abortions. It was no lees safe illegal than it is legal. 39 is hardly the thousands the pro-death crowd claims.

They were called back alley abortions because the women would sneak in the doctors office thru the back door after hours. The back door was often in a back alley.

If you really believe women were getting abortions via coat hangers in a back alley then you seriously need to educate yourself.

How does a law make a medical act safer anyway???? The doctor either knows how to do something safely or not. No law can change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 08:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It sounds like even you are surprised at such atrocious behavior?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j..._ifLMpFMX4P57g

Quote:
In response to the seemingly rapid increase in repeat abortion, some concern was expressed that women were using abortion as their primary method of family planning.

This is news to you? What ever the reasoning, that is the fundament purpose of a woman's right to choose.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Using abortion to suggest that one is employing personal responsibility is the lowest form human scum philosophy ever rationalized in all of humanity.
Objective vs subjective...o.k? Some people like feelings and some like facts.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Objective vs subjective...o.k? Some people like feelings and some like facts.
Yep. Which is why they trot out the old 'but it's a baaaaaybeeeee' or 'miracle' argument. It's a ploy to the emotions because they don't have a rational argument.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:21 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
I'd be willing to bet that the pro-abortionists on this thread don't believe in God either. Some people live their entire lives revolving around ZERO accountability because they don't think they'll have to answer for their actions at any point, now or in the future. That provides them with all the justification they need to go about having multiple abortions, unabated, and without an ounce of guilt or remorse for their actions.

I guess when all you're facing in life is a 6 foot deep hole in the ground, you can do whatever you want and actually feel good about those actions.

Let's just hope you're right. Because if you're not, the alternative is not so pretty.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:23 AM

I think God doesn't give two sh*ts and since something like half of all pregnancies spontaneously abort before the end of the first trimester due to genetic abnormalities I guess God is the biggest abortion provider of all.

Fact vs wishful thinking.

Quote:
I'd be willing to bet that the pro-abortionists on this thread don't believe in God either. Some people live their entire lives revolving around ZERO accountability because they don't think they'll have to answer for their actions at any point, now or in the future. That provides them with all the justification they need to go about having multiple abortions, unabated, and without an ounce of guilt or remorse for their actions.

I guess when all you're facing in life is a 6 foot deep hole in the ground, you can do whatever you want and actually feel good about those actions.

Let's just hope you're right. Because if you're not, the alternative is not so pretty.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:25 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,619 times
Quote:
Women did have coat hanger abortions before Roe vs Wade. Back then you could find an MD to do a safe illegal abortion if you had plenty of $$$ but back then just like today it was the poorer woman who had the least access to contraceptives and safe abortions.

Women didn't use the coathanger in the back alley...they used it in the privacy of their own home.

If you were a teenager or a woman without the money to pay a private doctor you had to go the coat hanger route....or drink some disgusting concotion(and hope it worked)...take a hot bath and drink plenty vodka (and hope it worked).....throw yourself down the stairs etc.
Yawn.

Think you been listening to the pro-death crowd too much.

Using emotion and scare tactics.

According to Planned Parenthood, 39 women died the last year abortion was illegal in the United States. They also said those numbers were remarkably accurate. Ironically, since abortion is legal abortion is rarely listed as cause of death. It is "complications from surgery" and other lies. The reasons I trust them on this issue is because it goes against everything you would think they would believe yet they report it anyway.

Abortion is no less safe than it is legal.

And you cannot make a medical act more or less safe via legislation. It's retarded to think so. Making it legal means it will happen more often and no one has to hide it. That's all it does.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:28 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,619 times
Quote:
I think God doesn't give two sh*ts and since something like half of all pregnancies spontaneously abort before the end of the first trimester due to genetic abnormalities I guess God is the biggest abortion provider of all.

Fact vs wishful thinking.
Miscarriage is not a "spontaneous abort"

There is no such thing as a "spontaneous abort"

Please educate yourself before speaking on a topic.

I bet you went to publik school.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:

It is none of your business. Rant all you like, but the fact does not change. NONYA

Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,349 times
Quote:

And now you're threatening people with the afterlife. Is that all you've got?

Pro-abortion? I'm pro every child born being a wanted child. I'm pro-birth control so less women conceive unwanted pregnancies resulting in a medical procedure that wouldn't have been necessary in the first place.

If I was pro-abortion, I'd be screaming "abort the babies!" Scrubs: Abort the Babies! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies