Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 02:11 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
I applied and got a job at a factory in the next town over.

There was a lockout going on.

The company had to hire extra security because of the picketers vandalizing peoples cars as they drove into the property, that and there were threats of violence.

After a few months into it I noticed one of my coworkers had stopped going to work. I asked what had happened and I got a answer from his friend who was also working at the factory. The guy had quit. He came home one day to find a note placed on the front door to his home. The note said that he shouldnt go work, that it wasnt safe to leave his family alone for such a long period of time (we worked 12 hour shifts), the note went on to say which bus stop his kids used to get to school.

I noticed once as I was leaving work and driving home that I was being followed. I had been in the military and had training on how to determine if you are being followed. I drove to the police station instead of going home. After that I changed my route everyday to and from work. I also started carrying my 357 revolver.
Stories like these prove unions could care less about workers.

Your friend wants a job but the union denies him that right.

Proving everything unions say about supporting workers is a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 12:35 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post

What gives a union worker the right to deny a non-union worker a job?
The need to protect workers' rights against exploitation.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Stories like these prove unions could care less about workers.

Your friend wants a job but the union denies him that right.

Proving everything unions say about supporting workers is a lie.
A strike cannot work if too many workers sell out to the bosses, therefore these carpetbaggers must be forced into line, or made to leave for other emoployment.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:17 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Because people hate tyrants, and many times unions are tyrannical. In some states you cannot even get a job as an electrician unless you join a union.
No you cannot get a job as an electrician without undergoing an apprenticeship, which is done by working under a master electrician and taking classes. The IBEW represents a lot of commercial electricians through there union halls and acts more or less as a contracting company. Companies now what they are getting with them and seek them out. If you want to work on the residential side then all you need is your journeyman's license or work under a journeyman. The problem with the residential side is all new builds are done by cheap Hispanic labor with a journeyman supervising he didn't even need to be onsite, this was the case with my house in Ga. 5 years ago.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDSUBison View Post
I applied and got a job at a factory in the next town over.

There was a lockout going on.

The company had to hire extra security because of the picketers vandalizing peoples cars as they drove into the property, that and there were threats of violence.

After a few months into it I noticed one of my coworkers had stopped going to work. I asked what had happened and I got a answer from his friend who was also working at the factory. The guy had quit. He came home one day to find a note placed on the front door to his home. The note said that he shouldnt go work, that it wasnt safe to leave his family alone for such a long period of time (we worked 12 hour shifts), the note went on to say which bus stop his kids used to get to school.

I noticed once as I was leaving work and driving home that I was being followed. I had been in the military and had training on how to determine if you are being followed. I drove to the police station instead of going home. After that I changed my route everyday to and from work. I also started carrying my 357 revolver.
So your a scab...

Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Why?

Americans tend to look down on crooks and thugs.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 AM

how is fighting for workers' rights being a crook?

not so, otherwise we'd all be on 1dollar an hr by now.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
The need to protect workers' rights against exploitation.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
A strike cannot work if too many workers sell out to the bosses, therefore these carpetbaggers must be forced into line, or made to leave for other emoployment.

So you are fine with denying someone else the right to work if they don't agree with a union?

Good to know.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
So your a scab...

Sounds to me like he's a guy that wants to work.

And you call him names? lols. How intelligent.

Let me guess, you are fine with the union denying people work and you also believe unions help working people????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies