Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 11:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times

Advertisements

1. Preemptive War is Murder: Plain and simple. America used to be a country that only went to war as a last resort to defend itself. Now war is used as a hammer to occupy new territory at the whims of bloodthirsty chicken hawks.

7 Reasons War with Syria is a Really Bad Idea | The Daily Sheeple

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-16-2013 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 06-16-2013, 12:09 AM

25 posts, read 22,348 times
I wonder how many bootlickers are willing to defend this simply because Obama is in office but would rabidly protest if it was the policy of a different political party...

Old 06-16-2013, 12:35 AM

131 posts, read 209,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusaiba View Post
I wonder how many bootlickers are willing to defend this simply because Obama is in office but would rabidly protest if it was the policy of a different political party...
Many. The other day I called an aunt of mine to discuss the possibility of war with Syria, and while she did admit that it was a dumb idea, she didn't admit to whom it was perpetuating war with Syria but on the other hand when Bush started his pointless wars she put all the blame on him.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:42 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
I hold certain liberal beliefs, and I do not support this war.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:41 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,614,849 times
I think it is only two one big reason. Warrior in Syria is primarily a transit pipelines for pumping crude oil from Iraq and Saudi Arabia to the Mediterranean coast (Kirkuk - Tripoli, Kirkuk - Banias, Ab-Kaikeyi - Side). Although without existing oil and gas potential in Syria has "a lot to steal" in addition to geographic location. So in the last two or three decades in Syria discovered new deposits of oil, iron ore, phosphates, natural asphalt, rock salt, etc. The second is the U.S. budget deficit is $ 427 billion is why the U.S. would support any domestic or international conflicts . "To-war, and who the mother is native" The U.S. government has always given people's lives for money and influence.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:48 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
I don't support this war, it will be a nightmare.

I would quit reading that tin foil hatted conspiracy clog though, full of fear, gold hoarding, bunkers for the coming collapse, and guns for when the black helicopters come to take you away to a FEMA camp. If some homeless raving psychotic that's crapped their pants says the sky is blue, and it turns out it is blue, that doesn't mean they are a great place to get political and economic commentary.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
This is becoming a proxy war with powerful countries backing one side or another.
I believe there will be boots on the ground sooner than we think.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:16 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I don't support this war, it will be a nightmare.

I would quit reading that tin foil hatted conspiracy clog though, full of fear, gold hoarding, bunkers for the coming collapse, and guns for when the black helicopters come to take you away to a FEMA camp. If some homeless raving psychotic that's crapped their pants says the sky is blue, and it turns out it is blue, that doesn't mean they are a great place to get political and economic commentary.
Some of that tin foil has turned out to be true.
The NSA listening in and gathering all your phone/internet data is one of them.
Folks called them paranoid back then. They are saying "I told you so" today.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:19 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is becoming a proxy war with powerful countries backing one side or another.
I believe there will be boots on the ground sooner than we think.
Hopefully it's the boots of the politicians who think this is a good idea. If they really believe it's a good course of action, let them go over there and die for their cause. Oh that's right, that what the little people are for. Bullet sponges for their pet projects.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:29 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Some of that tin foil has turned out to be true.
The NSA listening in and gathering all your phone/internet data is one of them.
Folks called them paranoid back then. They are saying "I told you so" today.
I've heard this before, but where did it come out from tin foil conspiracy theorists before the regular news?

I've asked for proof before, and the only things I get in response is certainly not proof, but...

1) I am a paid shill for disinformation, and no evidence like a paycheck or something.
2) I have been brainwashed not to accept their claims without evidence by chemtrails
3) They don't need to provide proof of their claims because if they do the government will murder them. How the government is so powerful that it can get away without repercussion in murdering celebrities, and not people living on the streets and raving on forums eludes reality.
4) Only morons require things like evidence. The poster didn't like that by that logic people could be convicted of being a pedo without evidence of molesting a child, including them.

The conversations are usually pretty short on their end as libraries have time limits for their public computer use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies