Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:23 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times

Advertisements

Are you sure Cruz was "Born" at all? I think he was most likely hatched!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 02:29 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Ex Post Facto is alright with you?

And, quit trying to amend the Constitution.

You are not a 2/3 or 3/4 majority of Congress.

When are you going to officially state your prejudice against Natural Born Citizens?

Have you completed the first draft of your Retroactive Constitution, yet?
1. I've never personally tried to amend the Constitution.

2. I'm not sure how writing about what Congress has done has anything with my membership or lack thereof in the body.

3. I can not state that which I do not possess.

4. See #1

But having answered your questions, can I ask you have you read the document in question? Because if you have perhaps you can quote chapter and verse where the Framers specifically defined the meaning of "natural born citizen."

Please, don't even attempt to argue what anybody has said or what someone thinks the Framers relied upon when they wrote natural born citizen into the Constitution, I want a specific right there in black and white on parchment definition of "natural born citizen."

Now when you finish that futile task can I refer you to other parts of the document that you seem to cherish but little understand.

Article I, Section 8, #4
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
Perhaps you you would like to share with us how one goes about establishing rules of naturalization without first defining who is and who isn't a citizen.

But before you complete that task scroll down to the last line of Article I there you will find the Constitutional power and authority for the Congress, not me, but the Congress to define even retroactively the definition of "natural born citizen" where the Framers wrote;
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'll take it you know more than me on the issue but wouldnt your description of American birthright negate all the birthers claims that Obama is a Kenyan? Wouldnt he have been an American at birth due to his mom being American no matter which country he was born in.?
PS. i'm not a birther or believe that Obama was born anywhere other than where he says he was born.
In History's absence, he, others and I have authoritatively made that case repeatedly.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:36 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
1. I've never personally tried to amend the Constitution.

2. I'm not sure how writing about what Congress has done has anything with my membership or lack thereof in the body.

3. I can not state that which I do not possess.

4. See #1

But having answered your questions, can I ask you have you read the document in question? Because if you have perhaps you can quote chapter and verse where the Framers specifically defined the meaning of "natural born citizen."

Please, don't even attempt to argue what anybody has said or what someone thinks the Framers relied upon when they wrote natural born citizen into the Constitution, I want a specific right there in black and white on parchment definition of "natural born citizen."

Now when you finish that futile task can I refer you to other parts of the document that you seem to cherish but little understand.

Article I, Section 8, #4
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
Perhaps you you would like to share with us how one goes about establishing rules of naturalization without first defining who is and who isn't a citizen.

But before you complete that task scroll down to the last line of Article I there you will find the Constitutional power and authority for the Congress, not me, but the Congress to define even retroactively the definition of "natural born citizen" where the Framers wrote;
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
Still trying to deny, and at the same time obliterate, the term "natural"?

"Born"?

"Citizen", as used in the main body of the Constitution, prior to amendment?

How long have you been studying "misspeak"?

Old 06-16-2013, 02:38 PM

52,246 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Wasn't George Washington a subject of the Queen???

Old 06-16-2013, 02:58 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,153 times
Quote:
Does this mean theres the potential for a Canadian President of the USofA?
Although i'm still unsure of how he is considered American Presidential material if he was born in Canada as generally if you are born in Canada you are a Canadian.
That's a technicality because you can define "Canadian" however you wish. But the requirement to be president requires one to be an American citizen. See post 4 for the law on the matter.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Ex Post Facto is alright with you?
The answer to that question doesn't matter. What mattes is the Constitution does not define "Natural Born" and therefore it was up to Congress to do so and they did through United States Code.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
So that deflates the entire birther concept against Obama , his mom was American therefore he is American and now the legitimate President of the USA..Any birthers want to challenge texdav's facts?
Except you'd have to look at the law as it was when he was born not now. I'll stay out of that can of worms however.

He could have been born in Kenya to Russian parents. It doesn't matter. The point is moot as far as the courts go.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:09 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Does this mean theres the potential for a Canadian President of the USofA?
Although i'm still unsure of how he is considered American Presidential material if he was born in Canada as generally if you are born in Canada you are a Canadian.
Repeating it won't make it true.

Cruz is eligible.

If your mother was on vacation in Canada when you were born, does that make you Canadian? Nope! Just trying to put it in perspective so you'll get it.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:09 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Ted Cruz is a interesting bloke, born in Canada so a Canadian subject of the Queen of Canada. So does Cruz have the right to become US president when he was born in and owes his loyalty to her majesty and Canada ?

has he said one thing about wanting to be president??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies