Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 01:26 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,642,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Society changes with time.

You want to whip it out in the middle of Chile's go for it.
But don't be upset when the manager comes over and talks to you because several customers just up and left without finishing their meal or paying for it.
Yeah, the split-second sight of a breast usually leaves people running, at least the men presumably since most women see their own every day.

It's funny--last time I saw women lifting their tops and flashing the crowd at the Kentucky Derby in-field men were cheering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 01:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,886,793 times
Quote:
You always have those few that need to flaunt their rights with in-your-face activity.
Yep. One happened at a store I was working at and she lifted her blouse to do so. Then when people told her to cover up she got mad. Long story short apparently she was one of those who was trying to sue stores for her right to breastfed. I didn't know this but someone told me.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Women walk around with most of their breast exposed in low-cut outfits. Do you think they should be more discrete? Why should they have to be "discrete" with breast-feeding? It's a totally natural act.
Yes both should be more discrete. Sure I have shirts with cleavage but some women take it to the extreme. Same with breastfeeding. Sure it is natural but so is urinating but I don't think people would appreciate me doing that on the floor. There is no excuse not to cover up.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yep. One happened at a store I was working at and she lifted her blouse to do so. Then when people told her to cover up she got mad. Long story short apparently she was one of those who was trying to sue stores for her right to breastfed. I didn't know this but someone told me.
And who forced anyone to look for more than a second? Just turn your head if you find the flash of a breast so revolting. I don't think there's a woman in a Western society, who would breast-feed in public without allowing her clothing to drape over and provide coverage, or else a blanket.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,423,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That Chile's story I just posted is a real story.
The manager spoke to her and she yelled out that it was her right.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
And who forced anyone to look for more than a second? Just turn your head if you find the flash of a breast so revolting. I don't think there's a woman in a Western society, who would breast-feed in public without allowing her clothing to drape over and provide coverage, or else a blanket.
It's more than a flash with some people.
They are flaunting their "right" in public.

A bit of modesty would go a long way.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
There was no excuse for her to be that out. She could have brought one breast out and attached the baby but nope she raised her shirt. If I did that (and I guarantee most people would prefer to see mine over her saggy ones)I would be arrested.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM

This thread has gone from discussing Venezuela potentially banning bottle-feeding to discussing one woman at Chiles.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
That Chile's story I just posted is a real story.
The manager spoke to her and she yelled out that it was her right.
Not surprised at all after seeing the woman in the store flash both breasts. Last year in downtown Chicago they had a nurse in and most were exposing their breasts. I have known many women who were discrete while nursing so there is no excuse not to be discrete unless one wants attention.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:36 PM

Well it would not surprise me to see something pop up in one of the more progressive cities like NYC or San Francisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies