Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

If we really all are being monitored every drug dealer in the country would be in jail by now....
Why would that be?

Who do you think the actors are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:15 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I really don't understand the outrage, if you're not doing anything illegal then who cares if you're being monitored. I believe a recent poll showed that most Americans did not mind either which shows they're willing to let it happen if it keeps them safe.
Perhaps the concern is because that which you do now may not be illegal, but proclaims as being illegal when the government comes for you. They already have the records to get you.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751
You can throw all the money at improving schools all you want but if the kids think studying hard and getting good grades is acting too white then what good will throwing more money at it make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Where in the hell do people like you get these crazy thoughts?if you have tourettes though,I'm sorry
Tell me where did the phrase "acting too white" come from? Tourettes, the name calling from the left reminds me of a bunch of school yard children.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Why would that be?

Who do you think the actors are?
Huh?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,219 times
Quote:
Huh?
Assumptive premise amuses the Gods.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
If you're not doing anything illegal they won't monitor you.

If we really all are being monitored every drug dealer in the country would be in jail by now....
LOL..they don't care about drug dealers.
The War on Drugs is a perpetual revenue machine for them.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:34 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Reminds me of being on a landline phone years ago and I said.. I wonder what someone would think if they could hear our conversation.. a man's voice came on and said.." yes, I wonder what they would think. " it was a stranger on the line.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Reminds me of being on a landline phone years ago and I said.. I wonder what someone would think if they could hear our conversation.. a man's voice came on and said.." yes, I wonder what they would think. " it was a stranger on the line.
Yes, indeed, that has also happened to me, while I was talking on the land line...
Yanno, this is not something new with the Obama administration, they've been listening for years...and the fact of the matter is, when someone said so, others would laugh and call that person crazy, WELL?????

It makes me really sick, b/c now, all the republicans are coming down on Obama for doing this, and believe me, I am not at all a fan of Obama, but the truth is, the republican administration was also doing this, maybe as far back as Clinton.

People need to wake Up, I mean it...

Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,135 times
[quote=iNviNciBL3;30103699]
Quote:
If you're not doing anything illegal they won't monitor you.
Not to point out the absolute flaw in your version of logic, but if they are not monitoring you how do they know if you are doing anything illegal or not?

Quote:
If we really all are being monitored every drug dealer in the country would be
in jail by now
Just go to show you that they actually desire the drug dealers to continue operating.

By your logic, if they were monitoring every call all of the illegals would be found and deported, but they claim that to be beyond their reach. Or having illegals is a desirable fact to the government.

Time to wake up and not believe everything your leader tells you.

Old 06-21-2013, 08:17 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Hopefully this will open their eyes as to how stupid and ignorant many Americans are, maybe they will finally take steps to improve our schools.
"improve our schools"?

We spend the MOST of any western nation on education already. The real problem? Lack of two parent families, lack of family support for education, and no discipline.

Tell us, Don, why those in parochial schools and home schooled children do much better on standardized tests with education costs one half (or below) the cost of public education?

Liberal answer to any problem- Refuse to face uncomfortable facts and simply throw money at the problem. When that approach fails, throw more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies