Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Liberals support the UN and agenda 21. The communist chinese take it to the next level and force people to "enjoy" the benifits of said agenda. You folks can't do that yet. Your goal is to get to that point though which is why you have to be stopped if there is any hope in saving this country and what it stands for. I don't want to live in China.
Who are you to tell me what my goal is? I'd rather not have everyone live in cities. I grew up in a quaint small town. I think it's kind of sad that so many of them are dying away.

And saying liberals support this because it's an extreme version of something they support is like saying conservatives support killing gays in the Middle East: false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 06:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Go tell your liberal buddies to leave us alone then. Put your money where your mouth is. So you personally don't support it? Well you need to find some new buddies to align yourself with then cause your running with the commies.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:44 PM

You ignored the part about how it's complete BS that liberals support what China is doing.

And I don't align myself with anyone. I just tend to be liberal on many things. That doesn't mean I feel the need to conform to their every view (as if they all share the same exact views) or make them conform to mine.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Who are you to tell me what my goal is? I'd rather not have everyone live in cities. I grew up in a quaint small town. I think it's kind of sad that so many of them are dying away.

And saying liberals support this because it's an extreme version of something they support is like saying conservatives support killing gays in the Middle East: false.
Liberals are dreamers..as we all were in our youth..The old saying goes if you had a heart you were a liberal in youth and if you have a mind you become conservative in your maturity. Liberals will not fully grasp the fact that they are being herded into cities until they are older and find they can not leave. My goal is eventually to return to the land - to nature...I know myself and understand if I want to grow to a ripe old age it can only happen on the land and not on the street.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Liberals are dreamers..as we all were in our youth..The old saying goes if you had a heart you were a liberal in youth and if you have a mind you become conservative in your maturity. Liberals will not fully grasp the fact that they are being herded into cities until they are older and find they can not leave. My goal is eventually to return to the land - to nature...I know myself and understand if I want to grow to a ripe old age it can only happen on the land and not on the street.
Umm, I think young people move to the cities for the opportunities they afford. Not because agenda 21 tells them to. Perhaps the occasional hipster moves to the city to be "modern" or whatever, but most move to the city for legitimate reasons.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Go tell your liberal buddies to leave us alone then. Put your money where your mouth is. So you personally don't support it? Well you need to find some new buddies to align yourself with then cause your running with the commies.
Remember the parents of today's progressives? They had this idea of living in communes - or communities just like communists. Hippies were a curse. I hung out with them- looked like one but was never one of them...I was the proverbial fly on the wall...Liberal idealism did nothing but hold back crass materialism and then let it go like a sling shot...funny...all the hippies that I know - are all old and rich and live in million dollar homes in the older better parts of town...the back to nature crowd - were exactly like their parents...conservative right wingers who now call themselves the left out of sheer guilt and embarrassment.

Commies American style are all rich//// why is that?

Old 06-18-2013, 06:56 PM

Imagine being a 70 year old farmer in China who has lived on the land all his or her life...Suddenly the government comes along and drags you into a city - puts you in a room and you spend the rest of your days looking out over a scene of polluted mayhem and have to die listening to the din of production....of product destined for western land fill sights....how damned cruel...China has no respect for life what so ever...But then again what do you expect from a society that got it's start through a cultural revolution that was one of the most horrific blood baths in history?

Old 06-18-2013, 07:05 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I know myself and understand if I want to grow to a ripe old age it can only happen on the land and not on the street.
I am sorry the Canadian government forced you to move to Toronto. Perhaps you'll move to US one day where you can live where ever you want.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
China is a liberal utopia? That's news to me, when did they legalize gay marriage?

Old 06-19-2013, 12:15 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
I'm always amused by these Agenda21 threads.
Want more amusing reading?

Go to your town or city's charter and start reading. Agenda 21 is being adopted by progressive politicians all over America right under our noses. As a hint, use the word 'sustainability' in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies