Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
BTW - When my husband got his vasectomy, I didn't fill out any paperwork. Zero, zilch, nada. His doctor didn't give a crap what his wife thought. Men don't need permission from their spouse to get a vasectomy.
You live in a saner nation than many of us.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
It's really unprofessional when a doctor allows his personal opinions (possibily ultrareligious) to mingle with his job.
It likely had less to do with the doctor's personal feelings and more to do with the doctor covering his own ass from a potential lawsuit. Doctors can and do get sued for just about anything imaginable in the U.S.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:45 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,225 times
Isn't just a male centered phenomena. I am a woman who strongly boycotts marriage. Not saying I try to convince other women of what to do, but I am always open to debate. I think its important for both genders to also understand the negative aspects of marriage.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
Sounds like the progressives have had some success in social engineering- they took the MAN out of manhood...and removed the female out of the woman....sounds like an experiment gone bad.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I love the last paragraph:

He's right.
Yep, he nailed it. This is why I'm a man who considers myself a feminist AND a men's rights advocate. They go hand-in-hand to me, because the old system of rigid gender roles has ultimately hurt both men and women. Equality is ultimately more freeing for all of us.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:52 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Yep, he nailed it. This is why I'm a man who considers myself a feminist AND a men's rights advocate. They go hand-in-hand to me, because the old system of rigid gender roles has ultimately hurt both men and women. Equality is ultimately more freeing for all of us.
Hey - my mother was a feminist 50 years ago...before the term existed. She was not equal to anyone- she was born superior and no man or woman could oppress her. She never thought of gender roles...she just did what she did because she was strong and bright. There is no such thing as equality...The only people who demand equality are the weaklings...let them be equally weak - There was not old system. There was only nature and natural law...it had nothing to do with gender...who was ever most capable took the lead.

A smart and powerful woman or man for that matter is impossible to oppress.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz View Post
i see nothing wrong with this. People should never think they "should" be married. An awful lot of abuse, even to the extent of homicides or suicides, and a lot of abandonment have happened over the centuries because people felt they had to get married. And a lot of abuse, suffering and poverty have happened because people had children even though they didn't really want them.

I'm not worried at all about a reduction in marriages, nor a reduction in childbirths (in the u.s., anyway). I think these are positive things and are simple signs that not everyone is cut from one mold.
+1

Old 06-19-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It's funny, because most of my lady friends have expressed a desire to never get married, but the guys (who are entering their 30s now) are starting to really get the itch. It's been a very interesting change from what I've experienced in the past. Unfortunately, a lot of those guys have pretty terrible reputations and are now finding it difficult to find a woman who wants to date them seriously.
I apparently need to trade places with one of the guys in your area. I'm in my 30's, and while I find my area (Chicago) to have many desirable single women my age, I find way too many of them to be marriage-focused.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Hey - my mother was a feminist 50 years ago...before the term existed. She was not equal to anyone- she was born superior and no man or woman could oppress her. She never thought of gender roles...she just did what she did because she was strong and bright. There is no such thing as equality...The only people who demand equality are the weaklings...let them be equally weak - There was not old system. There was only nature and natural law...it had nothing to do with gender...who was ever most capable took the lead.

Meh...okay. You sound like a bitter victim of the old system to me, especially if you honestly feel that gender equality somehow threatens your manhood. What a sad way to view the world.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Meh...okay. You sound like a bitter victim of the old system to me.

^^ This ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies