Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 06:03 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,905 times

Advertisements

Nick’s recent post about the Obama Administration’s decision to arm Syrian “rebels” resonated in my thinkenator. “These guns (at the moment, only small arms like AK pattern rifles, not including anti-tank or anti-air missiles) will be handed out without any background checks, registration or other hallmarks of the gun control plans that president Obama says are necessary in the United States.” I savored the ridiculousness of that position at my local gun store. Obama’s Boyz don’t want polite, tax-paying Americans without a criminal record to buy black rifles but they’re OK with handing out fully automatic firearms to religious/tribal fanatics in a land where the last time they had an extended period of peace was . . . never. There’s another, equally galling aspect to this . . .

The President of the United States has openly and condescendingly mocked Americans who say they need “assault rifles” to protect against the possibility of a tyrannical government. Yet he’s intent on providing assault rifles to “rebel” forces who oppose a “legitimate” (i.e., UN recognized) government. The President does so in the name of ending the slaughter that accompanies tyranny.

This is a point that’s not lost on . . . wait for it . . . The New York Times. Well, generally.
For nearly two years, the Obama administration has described the Syrian regime as having “lost all legitimacy” and “clinging to power.” And yet, it has surprisingly endured. That’s because neither assertion is really accurate. Mr. Assad still has strong support from many Syrians, including members of the Sunni urban class. While the assistance Syria receives from its external allies, like Iran and Russia, is important, it would be inconsequential if the Assad regime were not backed by a significant portion of the population.
The paper’s editorial concludes “Syria is like Iraq, except worse.” When it comes to Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, Obama is like Clinton, only worse. Something to keep in mind as the civilian disarmament industry continues its endless campaign to promote tyranny.

Arming Syrian Rebels: A Point Worth Repeating | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM

374 posts, read 509,574 times
Also while they invade one sovereign nation after another and use our troops to do so,this globe trotter of a first lady hates the flag they serve under. Watch her hate for our nation in this and him shake his head in agreement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OJgWMI0hch8

Old 06-18-2013, 06:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,116,366 times
Liberals are staying a mile away from this thread. I wonder why?

Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals are staying a mile away from this thread. I wonder why?
Maybe Obama is planning on bringing the armed rebels to the US to help him take over America and become the first dictator of the US.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:11 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Maybe Obama is planning on bringing the armed rebels to the US to help him take over America and become the first dictator of the US.
Or maybe he is just another hypocritical politician, shape shifting when it suits his needs.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Or maybe he is just another hypocritical politician, shape shifting when it suits his needs.
Meh, wouldn't be the first time we have aided people in a war, we have been doing that since we started making weapons.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 PM

Oh and I should add, I do not support supplying the rebels in Syria with weapons. I am okay with supplying the refugees with humanitarian aid.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
The more you talk about being disarmed the more they are going to think about disarming you.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh and I should add, I do not support supplying the rebels in Syria with weapons. I am okay with supplying the refugees with humanitarian aid.
Weapons dealers are not interested in giving aid - they are only interested in taking profit.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:20 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Nick’s recent post about the Obama Administration’s decision to arm Syrian “rebels” resonated in my thinkenator. “These guns (at the moment, only small arms like AK pattern rifles, not including anti-tank or anti-air missiles) will be handed out without any background checks, registration or other hallmarks of the gun control plans that president Obama says are necessary in the United States.” I savored the ridiculousness of that position at my local gun store. Obama’s Boyz don’t want polite, tax-paying Americans without a criminal record to buy black rifles but they’re OK with handing out fully automatic firearms to religious/tribal fanatics in a land where the last time they had an extended period of peace was . . . never. There’s another, equally galling aspect to this . . .

The President of the United States has openly and condescendingly mocked Americans who say they need “assault rifles” to protect against the possibility of a tyrannical government. Yet he’s intent on providing assault rifles to “rebel” forces who oppose a “legitimate” (i.e., UN recognized) government. The President does so in the name of ending the slaughter that accompanies tyranny.

This is a point that’s not lost on . . . wait for it . . . The New York Times. Well, generally.
For nearly two years, the Obama administration has described the Syrian regime as having “lost all legitimacy” and “clinging to power.” And yet, it has surprisingly endured. That’s because neither assertion is really accurate. Mr. Assad still has strong support from many Syrians, including members of the Sunni urban class. While the assistance Syria receives from its external allies, like Iran and Russia, is important, it would be inconsequential if the Assad regime were not backed by a significant portion of the population.
The paper’s editorial concludes “Syria is like Iraq, except worse.” When it comes to Americans’ natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms, Obama is like Clinton, only worse. Something to keep in mind as the civilian disarmament industry continues its endless campaign to promote tyranny.

Arming Syrian Rebels: A Point Worth Repeating | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns
Dude, I'm certain 0bama will do proper background checks of the rebels before handing over weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies