Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

I have a friend working in the Williston Basin in ND. He said the oil they are admitting to as of now is just the tip of the iceberg. They just doubled their reserve estimate

Oil And Gas Law Insight: With Oil Reserves Estimate Doubled In Williston Basin, Opportunities For Growth Abound | Leonard, Street and Deinard - JDSupra

and according to my friend that is a very, very, very conservative estimate.

And that's not to mention Texas and OK where this new drilling method could ignite a bigger oil boom than they ever saw before.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:41 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh, poor baby, my tone is unpleasant to you.. waaa waaa waaa

You guys moaned non stop about how supply wouldnt help the price of oil, you can sit here and plead ignorant if you wish but that says more about you than your waa waa crybaby crap does. Dont remember all of those conversations when Obama objected to the pipeline construction? Well thats your problem and really discredits your ability to discuss the topic and have any credibility on it.

ps I didnt say demand has nothing to do with it, I said supply.. Dont even know the difference, do you? Thats pathetic
You know damn well Obama didn't really object to the pipeline construction. It was the way they were trying to push it through and skirt epa regulations ect.

There is a right way to do things and the pipeline company thought they were going to get some pass.

There are pipelines being built in the US every single day but they are following the rules.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I have a friend working in the Williston Basin in ND. He said the oil they are admitting to as of now is just the tip of the iceberg. They just doubled their reserve estimate

Oil And Gas Law Insight: With Oil Reserves Estimate Doubled In Williston Basin, Opportunities For Growth Abound | Leonard, Street and Deinard - JDSupra

and according to my friend that is a very, very, very conservative estimate.

And that's not to mention Texas and OK where this new drilling method could ignite a bigger oil boom than they ever saw before.
Yep, there is a lot of it down there

Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
No, because no one certainly not this liberal or any of the "liberals" who I read during those discussions ever made such foolish arguments, although it isn't surprising that you would make up such an argument since you didn't understand them to begin with.
The fact that the left ridiculed drill baby drill, and now plead ignorant that you didnt, is utterly astounding..

Old 06-19-2013, 08:22 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You know damn well Obama didn't really object to the pipeline construction. It was the way they were trying to push it through and skirt epa regulations ect.

There is a right way to do things and the pipeline company thought they were going to get some pass.

There are pipelines being built in the US every single day but they are following the rules.
Bull crap. Obama could have requested that Congress wrote the bill to include the "EPA" regulations so it could be signed

Old 06-19-2013, 08:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
With two wells sunk into the Eagle/Ford Shale, I'm a happy camper.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Everyone should be a happy camper, because it will belefit the whole nation, but unfortunately some people insist on finding something to complain no matter what happens.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Bull crap. Obama could have requested that Congress wrote the bill to include the "EPA" regulations so it could be signed
It had passed FERC and the EPA both. The EPA reg's are standardized to begin with. Never seen one get through FERC without them. The first time he put off the decision was two-parted. For Nebraska (which I happened to agree with). And for campaign $$$$. Didn't want to **** off his environmental donors, nor did he want to tick off the unions since it will be built with union contractors. This last time he drug his feet..... ???? Matter's not anymore. Several other projects have pushed Keystone down the pike to the distant future anyway, so arguing about it from here on out is kind of a moot point....

Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Do you have a quote to go with the claim?
will these do? or are you going to find fault with them?

Click image for larger version

Name:	obama-energy-policy.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	113372

And of course, Barack Obama

“Offshore drilling would not lower gas prices today, it would not lower gas prices next year and it would not lower gas prices five years from now.”

and

“Believe me, if I thought there was any evidence at all that drilling could save people money who are struggling to fill up their gas tanks by this summer or this year, or even the next few years, I would consider it, but it won’t.

and

“We Will Not See A Drop Of Oil From Any Offshore Rigs For At Least Ten Years. We Would Not Have Full Production For Twenty Years.”

Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is a lot of demand on China etc keeping prices up, but the US oil boom is good for the US no matter how you look at it.
Well we still import 115 million barrels a month give or take from OPEC. What should we do just cut it all off?

And what oil boom are you talking about? Look how much oil we got outta the ground in the US in the eighties. Gas is still 3.50 a gallon.

U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies