Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 01:26 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
It will not be Occupy. It will not be the TEA party (Palin and Bachmann's tea party) - who ironically augmented the problems within the establishment.

It will happen when 90% of Americans are wounded enough to warrent a revolution of sorts.
Right now there is still too much complacency in the middle class.

The Revolution will never come.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:11 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Let me see if I can summarize the OWS folks' mindset in a single statement.

"Help me! I am a victim because they have more than me... and that's just not FAIR!"

Yes sir... I think I nailed it.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:35 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Apparently corporate America and our government didn't get the message.

I don't care if I'm alone on the issue. We need Occupy back or some form of mass protests in this country addressing the issues of income inequality, wage stagnation, and corporate greed.

The Economy is STILL the most important issue in this country and we're currently doing nothing to fix it.

I'd like to start back up the discussion.
You're not alone. OWS was a failure. Why?
IMO, lack of organization. Protesters protested in the wrong places. Bankers will lock their doors to protesters. Demonstrators should have been better organized, and marched on DC and at their State Houses, to get legislators to sit up and take notice.

Remember the anti war protests of the Vietnam era? That's how it needs to be done. Citizens need to get the message to representatives that we're tired of being held hostage by Wall Street and Big Banks.
Lawmakers are the ones getting the kickbacks, not the American citizen.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:41 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

"Help me! I am a victim because they have more than me... and that's just not FAIR!"

The OWSers like to dodge, shuck and jive. When asked who specifically comprised the "common enemy",...'ol ted answered:

Those that take more than they should from all of us and force people into poverty, that destroy the environment and cause death and suffering around the world.

Notice that there is no specific entity(ies), but rather a vague definition that could be molded as the need arises. Short answer,....OWS has no idea EXACTLY who they hate,...except as you said,..."I am a victim because they have more than me,...and that's just not fair".

The OP refused to address the issue raised about his recent PART-TIME employees as to whether they were members of OWS or not. Seems a diehard liberal with such strong OWS sentiments would have searched out OWS members to employ. Makes one wonder if the OP really owns a business at all,...or is simply a burger flipper.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:11 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
...not that flipping burgers is a bad thing.

We know who they are, even if they refuse to admit it or if they are too ignorant to realize the truth... we know who they are.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:21 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:

The greed and machinations of Wall St didn't affect just a few Occupy protesters. Millions of people were affected, nearly the entire global economy.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:07 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,867,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The Revolution will never come.
It will come but will not be televised.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:

Maybe in your dreams

Old 06-22-2013, 05:25 PM

[quote=NoJiveMan;30142201]You're not alone. OWS was a failure. Why?
IMO, lack of organization. Protesters protested in the wrong places. Bankers will lock their doors to protesters. Demonstrators should have been better organized, and marched on DC and at their State Houses, to get legislators to sit up and take notice.

QUOTE]

you must have been sleeping.

At the Supreme Court

On the steps of the Supreme Court

And across the street on Capital Hill

w
We got their attention

Old 06-22-2013, 05:32 PM

And we have been here more than a few times

Coming out of the Heart Building

Last edited by ted08721; 06-22-2013 at 05:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies