Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 06:55 AM

530 posts, read 1,354,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesiss View Post
No political ties to men in power (the famous "white privilege" only exists for rich folks)

No advantages in colleges, corporations, or other institutions that utilize affirmative action

No minority scholarships

Is there any advantage at all to being born white and unconnected in the United States in your opinion?
I don't see why some white ppl nowadays are runnin around with these victim complexes too. This is definitely a trend that i've started to notice within the last 5-8 years..

1. Working class/poor whites still have access to better school districts than even affluent minorities (on average). A school district is a huge indicator of a child's failure and success; and whether they will go on to College or not:
Affluent African-Americans Live in Poorer Neighborhoods Than Middle-Class Whites - The Wealth Report - WSJ

2. You will still be more subconsciously favored in job interviews/promotions, not only b/c of natural favoratism but b/c of #3.

3. White women are the main beneficiaries of Affirmative Action. Please stop buying into that sorry old rumor that blacks benefit the most from it. Here's some sources that could hopefully help with that victim mentality:
Sally Kohn: Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others | TIME.com
Studies Show Affirmative Action Helps White Women More Than Others « MadameNoire MadameNoire
Who wins out when it comes to affirmative action? - The Root
Who Does Affirmative Action Help Most? White Women - Sally Kohn argues that Abigail Fisher has little room to complain

4. You could eventually easily move into&integrate into middle class+ white communities with zero issues. I don't mean to "glorify" white communities but they tend to have much higher home equity/appreciation rates, highest resale prices and be least effected by recessions even compared to the much more rarer stable black/hispanic communities; making them more stable investments and make wealth-building MUCH easier and to be passed down. Keep in mind that real estate is the biggest asset of the vast majority of Americans

5. Black scholarships MAINLY only benefit Black students that are BOTH from very low-income families AND go to HBCU's (Historically Black Colleges&Universities); if you are none of those then there are few extra scholarships available to you. Most black college students (including myself) don't fall under both of those categories so we don't have any notable advantage.

6. Working class whites still aren't disproportionately targeted by the police. For example, despite both blacks and whites using marijuana at similar rates; blacks are still up to 8x more likely to get arrested for it:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...n-nine-charts/

Last edited by PrestigiousReputability; 11-30-2013 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 07:03 AM

1,922 posts, read 1,740,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Working class anybody once this immigration bill passes. The new "citizens" get an exemption so if they are hired the bidness doesn't have to pay the obamacare penalty. Pure madness going on right now and all we see are the clowns in DC nodding their heads up and down.
Really? If so, I missed that. So those who are here ILLEGALLY will become preferred citizens?

Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,068,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...whites have had a two to three century advantage ...and I'm supposed to cry my eyes out about their nonexistent misfortune?

Yeah...that'll happen.

Life sucks sometimes...welcome to the land of "the rest of us."

After all, who FOUND this country?
Native Americans?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,423,841 times
Default is anyone more screwed than working class white people?

I would just leave it at this: Is anyone more screwed than the Working Class?

Old 11-30-2013, 04:55 PM

313 posts, read 328,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Huh?! Wow,...umm...what do you consider working class? Construction trades? Manufacturing? Agriculture? All DOMINATED by Mexicans. Obhhhh. Ok, "Hispanics". Wtfe. This is my work market. Mexicans have flooded construction and service trades. And a high percentage oc tbem are not skilled at all. Just willing to work cheap. Doesn't matter that your water heater levels your house after install. Got it put in for 25% less, or better. The contractor can bid his labor down. Cut my tbroat, as a one man show, "white boy"type, and laugh all the way to tbe bank. Quick and cheap are tbe two qualities in vouge. Keep them Mexicans coming, but don't ***** at me when it doesn't last ten years.
The only people to blame for this is white people. Whites have problems because of white people.

When I need work done and it involves hard labor, I only hire white guys. If more whites did this, especially businesses then "poor working class whitey" wouldn't have as many problems.

The greatest danger towards whites isn't non whites, its OTHER white people.

However, if I can not find a suitable white man to do the job then I am going for the mexican or black or whomever can do the job.

This is America afterall.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:00 PM

313 posts, read 328,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Native Americans?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Everyone founded this country, some had more influence than others.

The Natives taught the Europeans how to survive.

The Blacks created much of the original wealth while working for free...

The Hispanics who already lived in places like Texas helped influence culture and win wars against the Mexican invading armies.

The Asians built the railroads which where the backbone of this country.
I'm sure I am leaving allot out here, I am not trying to post a history lesson.

Anyone who thinks their race deserves this country more is an idiot.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:44 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,095,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claud605 View Post
Native Americans?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Negative. The founding fathers founded this country.

The "Native Americans" were merely a loose confederation of tribes, they didn't found the United States. I'm guessing most tribes couldn't even write.

White Americans founded this country, and that is a fact.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:11 PM

530 posts, read 1,354,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Negative. The founding fathers founded this country.

The "Native Americans" were merely a loose confederation of tribes, they didn't found the United States. I'm guessing most tribes couldn't even write.

White Americans founded this country, and that is a fact.
Your really knitpicking here..

Whites only founded the actual government of the United States.

The actual land/geography that makes up the United States was founded by Native Americans.

lol, this should've been one of the first things that you've ever learned..

Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,622,454 times
Quote:
No political ties to men in power (the famous "white privilege" only exists for rich folks)

No advantages in colleges, corporations, or other institutions that utilize affirmative action

No minority scholarships

Is there any advantage at all to being born white and unconnected in the United States in your opinion?
It's going to get worse. Someone has to pay for Obamacare and the middle class combined has the most money available for grabs.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:14 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,422,751 times
Quote:

No minority scholarships

So much whimpering and whining from conservatards.

Visit some 3rd world countries. Get some perspective. Be glad you're an American by accident of birth. You have no concept of how good your life is compared to the majority of humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies