Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:15 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I didn't know they employed the entire state, I was referring to the 140 people, that is a sign of a company that has no loyalty unless they offered to take those 140 people with them, and pay for their relocation.
My guess is some of them will be relocated... The only "loyalty" a business "owes" you is your next paycheck. The entire state voted on those 140 jobs, when they elected their representatives... Elections have consequences... The company made a decission based on what was in the COMPANY best interest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 03:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
Quote:
Jack Daniels produces whiskey in a dry county, which means the company can't even drink what they are producing in their own factory. They are loyal to their employees.
Jack Daniels made their business decission to stay where they are for a reason.. I don't know their reasoning. It too was a business decission.. PTR Industries made their decision for their reasons.. News flash... IT'S THEIR BUISNESS TO DO WITH AS THEY PLEASE.....

Old 06-20-2013, 03:33 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,564,096 times
Quote:
Jack Daniels produces whiskey in a dry county, which means the company can't even drink what they are producing in their own factory. They are loyal to their employees.
This company is moving the employees that want to come. A company's first job is to be profitable. Do you think the employees are so loyal that they have no turnover? They also have a right to move to a place that's not hostile to them if they wish.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:36 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,097,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Jack Daniels made their business decision to stay where they are for a reason.. I don't know their reasoning. It too was a business decision.. PTR Industries made their decision for their reasons.. News flash... IT'S THEIR BUSINESS TO DO WITH AS THEY PLEASE.....
That is the point I am making, clearly they could care less about those 140 people, I hope they are able to find a job that has better respect for their employees and doesn't put politics before their employees.

You can blame the voters and the state all you want, but at the end of the day it is the company that is screwing over their own employees by moving the company. I bet many of them have been with the company for years.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:37 PM

23,446 posts, read 17,121,013 times
With voter decisions to elect unethical legislators, "the chickens will come home to roost.",....to borrow a phrase from Rev Wright.

Conn like NJ and other Dem states is immersed in the bog of eternal muddled thinking. They go for the low hanging fruit and choose to create criminals from law abiding citizens and arrest them as a proud alternative to actually addressing the problem of gun violence.

Richard Blumenthal Lied About Vietnam Service - Business Insider

Old 06-20-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
This company is moving the employees that want to come. A company's first job is to be profitable. Do you think the employees are so loyal that they have no turnover? They also have a right to move to a place that's not hostile to them if they wish.
They aren't moving because a place is hostile to them, they can manufacture in Ct as much as Jack Daniels can manufacture where they are. This company is playing a PR stunt to boost their name at the expense of their own employers.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
With voter decisions to elect unethical legislators, "the chickens will come home to roost.",....to borrow a phrase from Rev Wright.

Conn like NJ and other Dem states is immersed in the bog of eternal muddled thinking. They go for the low hanging fruit and choose to create criminals from law abiding citizens and arrest them as a proud alternative to actually addressing the problem of gun violence.

Richard Blumenthal Lied About Vietnam Service - Business Insider
Actually he was misquoted on that, when in actuality he was in the Marines during Vietnam but did not go to Vietnam. Being a Marine is still a very honorable thing.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:07 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Oh, okay, I didn't realize it was a FACT that everyone at PTR was an "inbred type" who "likely moved to Connecticut from somewhere else."

That is not the part of his post I viewed as factual. The part that was addressed, as I did, the very minor impact Ct gun manufacturing plays in terms of quantity of jobs in 2013.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:11 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,936,526 times
Quote:
They aren't moving because a place is hostile to them, they can manufacture in Ct as much as Jack Daniels can manufacture where they are. This company is playing a PR stunt to boost their name at the expense of their own employers.
Amen. With 140 employees, this firm would go unnoticed, especially in a state with the Gold Coast county, chock full of Fortune 500 headquarters. To a backwoods rural community, 140 employees even making less than the average manufacturing wage in Ct is big news. In a state with the nations highest per capita income (mean), it's a big so what.

South Carolina stats below (2010):

http://www.sciway.net/facts/

Economy, Business, Jobs
  • 1 – Fortune 500 company headquarters (Domtar)
  • $12.43 – Average hourly earnings for all jobs (May 2005)
  • $16.29 – Average hourly earnings in manufacturing (2009)
  • South Carolina is a right-to-work state
  • $33,884 – Annual personal income per capita (2010 - ranked 45th in US

Old 06-20-2013, 04:15 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What roadblocks do they throw up ? I would think OK would welcome and assist.

I would compare it to the IRS targeting the Conservative groups. I have had to fill out similar if not the same idiotic questionnaires. It is put off and put off. They then change the amount to pay for the privilege to make explosives, over and over higher and higher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies