Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 12:32 AM

318 posts, read 624,656 times

Advertisements

Megan fox is 50% Amerindian and 50% Scandinavian, yet she is labeled white in the U.S. just like millions of Non-hispanic Mestizos in the U.S. who are labeled white.

Johnny Depp is also part amerindian, and those are the pretty actors from Hollywood. Imagine the average joes and janes.

The Average "white" non hispanic U.S. national also has native American and african admixture. Only a minority is 100 percent unmixed western european blooded.

The U.S media is very inaccurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 12:33 AM

366 posts, read 644,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
there is your proof.
This is a self survery, anyone who has been to California can tell you that 50% of all latinos in california ARE NOT WHITE.

Cubans are known for being white in Florida but they are also known for being mulattoes and sometimes full black.

Mexicans can be either white,mestizo or full blown Indian. The vast majority are Mestizo. Although people would like to say their are black Mexicans this is so not true. The population of blacks in Mexico is 2-3% and unlike Cuba , to have a black family member is the rarest!

Old 06-21-2013, 12:34 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,105,466 times
Quote:
Not even close to 100%. you obviously haven't been to Miami. I don't know why but Miami is a magnet for white Hispanics and I know several white Dominicanos, Puertorriqueños, y Nicaragüenses. sure large majorities are mulattoes or mestizo but there are whites there.
I just realized I posted part of it in spanish.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
This is a self survery, anyone who has been to California can tell you that 50% of all latinos in california ARE NOT WHITE.

Cubans are known for being white in Florida but they are also known for being mulattoes and sometimes full black.

Mexicans can be either white,mestizo or full blown Indian. The vast majority are Mestizo. Although people would like to say their are black Mexicans this is so not true. The population of blacks in Mexico is 2-3% and unlike Cuba , to have a black family member is the rarest!
Mexicans are NOT Latinos.

Latino is someone western European blooded (portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Romanian) from former latin colonies that are populated by people of that ethnicity.

Mexicans destroyed the latin conquistadors, they are amerindian, mongoloid race.

They do speak spanish but that does not make them latinos.

Bahamians speak english but that does not make them anglos.

The U.S. media makes a mistake in calling mexican latinos, mexicans are north American Amerindians unrelated to the south of America.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Megan fox is 50% Amerindian and 50% Scandinavian, yet she is labeled white in the U.S. just like millions of Non-hispanic Mestizos in the U.S. who are labeled white.

Johnny Depp is also part amerindian, and those are the pretty actors from Hollywood. Imagine the average joes and janes.

The Average "white" non hispanic U.S. national also has native American and african admixture. Only a minority is 100 percent unmixed western european blooded.

The U.S media is very inaccurate.
Quote:

White is skin color I have some Indian blood in me on both sides but I'm still very white.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Not even close to 100%. you obviously haven't been to Miami. I don't know why but Miami is a magnet for white Hispanics and I know several white Dominicanos, Puertorriqueños, y Nicaragüenses. sure large majorities are mulattoes or mestizo but there are whites there.
Okay than apparently, every white in those countries moved to Florida. Ive been to Nicaragua, I am half Nicaraguan. I can tell you maybe 1% of that country is what we would consider white. 90% is mestizo 5% black.

There are many many more Mexicans that are white than their are Nicaraguans. But 50% of Hispanics being white in California is just not true like the table you posted said. All you have to do is walk down the street and see that Mexicans are not white. Far from it. Especially in California.

What has been done by labeling hispanics not a race is create an image that we are not a unique, almost identical people who inhabited these lands. Cubans-Puerto Ricans and Dominicans might have some whites but the VAST VAST majority of their home countries are mulatto. Maybe all the whites from those places left their countries to live in Florida?

JUST CHECK THIS OUT:

According to the CIA World Factbook, the Dominican population is 73% multiracial, 16% white, and 11% black.[2] The multiracial population is primarily a mixture of European and African, but there is as well a minor Taíno element in the population;[30]

even in their home countries only 16% of Dominicans are white? But I am to assume 50% of the Dominicans in Florida are white? It just cant be.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
White is skin color I have some Indian blood in me on both sides but I'm still very white.
I do believe you are white. I am just saying that the average joe thinks latin american countries are like mexico, they are wrong, mexico is populated by mostly Amerindian people. The native American empires where there and they killed the latin conquistadors.

If your mother is Venezuelan she is probably of Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Arab or German blood (https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/ve.html)
Those were the ethnic groups before the chavez era.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Mexicans are NOT Latinos.

Latino is someone western European blooded (portugal, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Romanian) from former latin colonies that are populated by people of that ethnicity.

Mexicans destroyed the latin conquistadors, they are amerindian, mongoloid race.

They do speak spanish but that does not make them latinos.

Bahamians speak english but that does not make them anglos.

The U.S. media makes a mistake in calling mexican latinos, mexicans are north American Amerindians unrelated to the south of America.
I disagree. Mexicans and Native Americans and original people all through South America share the same look, culture and even DNA according to Science Weekly. The divisions were created by mixing with their slaves and Europeans.

Latino is a made up word. The vast majority of Americas Latinos are Amerindian.In every region of the American continent South-central and Mexico. The people originally were very similar in religion and appearance to Native American tribes. Cubans and puerto ricans might have learned Spanish but they are mulatto, their taino bloodlines were almost exclusively wiped out and their mix consisted of slaves and European slave owners.

Just take a look at an apache and a taino and an aztec? what differences really are their?

Old 06-21-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Okay than apparently, every white in those countries moved to Florida. Ive been to Nicaragua, I am half Nicaraguan. I can tell you maybe 1% of that country is what we would consider white. 90% is mestizo 5% black.

There are many many more Mexicans that are white than their are Nicaraguans. But 50% of Hispanics being white in California is just not true like the table you posted said. All you have to do is walk down the street and see that Mexicans are not white. Far from it. Especially in California.

What has been done by labeling hispanics not a race is create an image that we are not a unique, almost identical people who inhabited these lands. Cubans-Puerto Ricans and Dominicans might have some whites but the VAST VAST majority of their home countries are mulatto. Maybe all the whites from those places left their countries to live in Florida?

JUST CHECK THIS OUT:

According to the CIA World Factbook, the Dominican population is 73% multiracial, 16% white, and 11% black.[2] The multiracial population is primarily a mixture of European and African, but there is as well a minor Taíno element in the population;[30]

even in their home countries only 16% of Dominicans are white? But I am to assume 50% of the Dominicans in Florida are white? It just cant be.
I think the reason that the results get skewed is because mestizo will call themselves white rather than black because those are the only two options given.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I disagree. Mexicans and Native Americans and original people all through South America share the same look, culture and even DNA according to Science Weekly. The divisions were created by mixing with their slaves and Europeans.

Latino is a made up word. The vast majority of Americas Latinos are Amerindian.In every region of the American continent South-central and Mexico. The people originally were very similar in religion and appearance to Native American tribes. Cubans and puerto ricans might have learned Spanish but they are mulatto, their taino bloodlines were almost exclusively wiped out and their mix consisted of slaves and European slave owners.

Just take a look at an apache and a taino and an aztec? what differences really are their?
Agreed that Amerindians are pretty much the same across Latin america. but to say cuba is manly mulato is just plain false. acording to the 2002 census cuba is 65% white, 23% mulatto, 10% black, and 2% other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies