Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:44 PM

366 posts, read 645,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That doesn't surprise me at all. People tend not to see what they don't accept.

Live a little. Go to a Dodger game and look at the crowd. Take note of the tremendous mix of people. Have a Dodger dog and join 2013. Whites and hispanic kids have been mixing and dating and marrying for decades in Southern California because they share a culture. (Cars, music, the beach, food, working at an amusement park, schools, Little League, you know..... life.) It's pretty much the norm for ANYONE who doesn't live under a rock in the high desert.
What I was saying is that it is normal to the point of not being relevant. BUT TAKE NOTE: Nowhere else in the entire USA, except, Hawaii had such mixing in such numbers between 2 very distinct cultures. Without the numbers of this mixing in the Southwest, America would have statistically no mixing at all.

One American region contributed to almost all interracial unions. This is very significant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 06:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
mexicans are amerindians.

latino would be an american country influenced by western europe such as argentina chile venezuelq uruguay brazil costa rica. Mexico is a mongoloid country.
Uh; not all Mexican citizens are part or all "Indian". Some are "white" and others are part Black.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I read somewhere that some native Americans don't like to be referred to as Asians as that would make them seem like immigrants as well, non-natives so to speak, just like Europeans and Africans later on. So far native Americans have mostly been considered the people that have inhabited the Americas since the beginning of the universe The owners of the Americas the land has been stolen from...

With many people from eastern Asia the main difference to whites is they eyes, but that difference is somewhat gradual, not like a yes or a no. I have seen native Europeans that had almost Asian eyes as well. Many Africans also have Asian eyes, especially the oldest people of Africa, the Bushmen etc. A long time ago probably all humans had such eyes, before that trait got gradually lost...
Uh; people can believe what they want like some American Indians; but it doesn't change the TRUTH. Our Indian people ARE "Asian" and some can't be "broken out" as just "Indian" by their DNA.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
Fact: despite accounting for 17% of the populace. Hispanics primarily Mexicans in the Southwest account for 60-67% of all interracial relationships yearly.

Whites only married Hispanics in the states of California, Texas, Nevada and Colorado when they did marry out in America. The largest share of white interracial unions happened in this area of America. Nearly everywhere else in the USA whites had numbers as low as 9 in every 1000 marriages being interracial. The rates of white interracial marriages in the Southwest was almost triple as it was in any other region. By far the largest share of white interracial relationships was located here.

Places like NY, the East, South had such few numbers of whites marrying out that if the Southwest didn't bolster white interracial marriage , statistically whites would have nearly no interracial marriages at all in America.

As an example: There are more white/Latino marriages in California than their are black/white across the entire USA.

Yearly on average 50% of all unions that are interracial are between whites and Hispanics. Another 11-17% of "other interracial unions" involved 1 Hispanic partner.

My question is this: why do white Americans have such an aversion to Asians and Blacks and others, in differing parts of the USA while having huge shares of their communities marrying Hispanics in the Southwest? Why do Hispanics have an almost negative number of marriages to blacks and Asians? while having a 90% chance of marrying a white person when they do marry out? clearly their are racial preferences in dating in the USA, with certain races doing the majority of the mixing. Are the thoughts on race similar between Mestizos and Whites?

<primarily Mexicans & whites and Mexicans and others> and most likely to be found in the Southwest of the USA. >
I guess to answer your question, not every hispanic person is brown brown, if you get my meaning. I am mexican and spanish, but I look white, in fact if I didn't tell anyone, they would never know. As for why people marry who they do, well looks could be one thing. Stereotypes of a latin lover could be another. Asians are known to be very picky and don't usually marry outside of their race. I am not attracted to african americans, so I guess I am a good example.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
But the anti immigration idiots are always telling us how Latinos hate anyone who isn't Latino.
That's because thats what they want you to believe. I have white friends and I don't have a problem with anyone unless they have a problem with me.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:51 PM

366 posts, read 645,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
I guess to answer your question, not every hispanic person is brown brown, if you get my meaning. I am mexican and spanish, but I look white, in fact if I didn't tell anyone, they would never know. As for why people marry who they do, well looks could be one thing. Stereotypes of a latin lover could be another. Asians are known to be very picky and don't usually marry outside of their race. I am not attracted to african americans, so I guess I am a good example.
That could work...but Latinas were just as likely to wed a white guy. If the slant showed a bigger percent of white women with latino men , than white men with latina women, Id agree. But the numbers were nearly even. So for the latin lover stereotype, some blue collar white guy is just as likely to show up with "sexy maria".

Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have a problem with Hispanics who think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them. Work ethnic does not erase that big flaw. I guess in your stereotyping about work ethics whites are what, chopped liver, inferior?

No one wants to subsidize lazy, do-nothing people so why just mention Asians and Hispanics? Who is hiding behind a victim status?
And we have a problem with white people who are "concerned for our nation" which really is used to mask the "racism" that you actually are trying to hide.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe you have a different interpretation of what culture is then. Non-Hispanic whites usually don't speak Spanish just for starters. Our foods are different and our views are different on many things. I assure you that the majority minority in my area are Hispanics. I worked with many of them and so has my wife. We had little in common culturally or politically.

I haven't been around many Asians but I would expect the same would be true of them. Blacks however, I have always been able to relate to. Seemed I had more in common with them than the other two groups. The primary language of most blacks in America is English also. Another common denominator.
A Lot of hispanics speak English, and you speak English right? And your foods are different? You eat mexican food don't you? Americans don't really have a culture, their culture is a bastardization of other cultures, mixed together.

Quote:
No, the Hispanics I know aren't immigrants for the most part. They are citizens of this country. I never said it was uncommon for non-Hispanic whites to date Hispanics. The person I was replying to was talking about the similarities culturally between those two groups. I just don't see it. It is true that most Hispanic-Americans know English but I have found that they always prefer Spanish. Of all of the Mexican food I have eaten tamales were my least favorite. To each his own I guess.

Of the ones I know many would spout the "stolen land" argument (those of Mexican ancestry) and seemed to resent present day non-Hispanic whites over the past. Funny thing though, half of their ancestry came from Europe (Spain) and they were white also. Go figure.
Well, which would you rather be, spanish(blood of kings and conquerers) or British English(puritans and whiners that couldn't hack it in England)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adanescobar View Post
That could work...but Latinas were just as likely to wed a white guy. If the slant showed a bigger percent of white women with latino men , than white men with latina women, Id agree. But the numbers were nearly even. So for the latin lover stereotype, some blue collar white guy is just as likely to show up with "sexy maria".

You know, I've actually seen that, the bigotry still exists which totally ticks me off, he will be with a latina, but then I'll hear them say how they hate "those dang Mesicans" sounds hypocritical to me lol.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:15 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
A Lot of hispanics speak English, and you speak English right? And your foods are different? You eat mexican food don't you? Americans don't really have a culture, their culture is a bastardization of other cultures, mixed together.

Well, which would you rather be, spanish(blood of kings and conquerers) or British English(puritans and whiners that couldn't hack it in England)

[/b]

You know, I've actually seen that, the bigotry still exists which totally ticks me off, he will be with a latina, but then I'll hear them say how they hate "those dang Mesicans" sounds hypocritical to me lol.
I didn't say they don't speak English. I said many prefer Spanish over English. Yes, American food is different from Mexican food. We may eat other ethnic foods but that doesn't make them a staple among most Americans. Americans do have one unique culture even though it was from a melting pot. "Out of many, "ONE". The English language is a part of our identifying culture.

I don't admire conquerors and where did you get that the Brits were whiners? Evidently, illegal Mexicans are whiner to then since they can't seem to hack it in Mexico. The difference between the two groups is tht one came legally and the other did not.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
And we have a problem with white people who are "concerned for our nation" which really is used to mask the "racism" that you actually are trying to hide.

I see, so even though whites and other Americans are pro-legal immigration they are still racists for not being pro-illegal immigration also? Typical pulling of the race card by the bleeding heart libs and ethnocentrics. I am guessing you are the latter. Of course you don't think it is racist for Hispanics to think that their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them, right? Just who is the true racist under these two scenarios?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies