Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 01:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Yes it is that simple.
You asked why it existed.
Because of the Depression.
1933..first farm bill.

You provided links for 2007 and 2008.

Food stamps is part of the farm bill for political reasons otherwise it would never get passed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 01:46 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Fine to have that attitude, but don't come crying to me when they break into your house and steal your stuff because they have to eat.

I am an AVID supporter of the ridding the world (via the 2nd Amendment) of addicts who break into your home. Bring 'em on baby!

Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
We need help with food so not allowed to buy some chips or some soda to drink? Wow....bit asinine. I buy what I want when I want. I bring in money my wife works so we are contributing to the food stamps we get I don't go out of my way to buy junk mostly its meats and fruits and veggies stuff that will last all month...seems to work to.

THAT is the problem with people like YOU. You think you are ENTITLED to have your WANTS met. It has nothing to do with your NEEDS. This is why scum welfare recipients get welfare/food stamps while they have cable tv, phone service, cell phone service and internet.

Welcome to the WORTHLESS TAKER'S society.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 06-20-2013 at 02:05 PM..

Old 06-20-2013, 01:51 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes it is that simple.
You asked why it existed.
Because of the Depression.
1933..first farm bill.

You provided links for 2007 and 2008.

Food stamps is part of the farm bill for political reasons otherwise it would never get passed.
Oh please, do a bit of work. The second link takes you to where you can look at the full text of all Farm Bills, including the 1933 Bill. I am not FOX, I don't spoon feed you, your opinions.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Life before fast food was much healthier and people somehow found a way to buy food.
I grew up when FF was just making inroads and it was considered a once in a while "treat" to go to these places.

Nowadays it's a normal everyday occurrence with different places for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I knew the very same life growing up.

A&W root beer floats, maybe once or twice a year.
McDonalds, NEVER.
Burger King, NEVER,
Hardees/Sandy's for a small chocolate shake, MAYBE once every 2-3 months.
Burger Chef (when they had their $0.05 burgers & $0.10 cheeseburgers, then they raised the prices to $0.10 burgers & $0.20 cheeseburgers, PLUS they had a fix up bar with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles onions, etc. at no extra charge you just had to do it yourself) Maybe once every 2-4 weeks IF they had their burgers on sale.

Oh wait... We DIDN'T get food stamps. We had a mother who had to make ends meet. A mother who worked full time PLUS did odd jobs including cleaning people's homes, babysitting, tilling other's gardens, etc.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM

122 posts, read 108,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
If you want soda and chips buy them with your paycheck. You keep saying you "bring in money" which leads me to believe you actually don't work. Years ago I was struggling with a minimum wage job (no welfare)and I couldn't afford chips and pop so why should someone on welfare?
I buy what I want with my EBT if I want. Like I said 99% of it goes to meat,veggies and fruits to make sure we are fed for the month...If I want some chips and salsa I am gonna buy it. If my kids have been good and they want some candy fine go ahead...I don't work a traditional job but I do bring in money...so yes I work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
THAT is the problem with people like YOU. You think you are ENTITLED to have you WANTS met. It has nothing to do with your NEEDS. This is why scum welfare recipients get welfare/food stamps while they have cable tv, phone service, cell phone service and internet.

I guess ya missed the part where I bring in money and my wife works. So shove your reply where the sun don't shine. Have heard it before and take care.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:06 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,631,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Who spends time in a store watching what other people buy? creepy. And making assumptions and judgments? asinine.
Ummm...it is kind of hard to ignore when you get behind someone who has a problem with their EBT card or the cashier is separating out their groceries because some items are WIC and some are EBT.

I got behind a woman who had several WIC checks and the cashier was new and hadn't been trained on how to process them. It was only cashier open and it took a long time.

I cleared Customs quicker at JFK quicker than I got through that line.

If people just pay for what they bought and get through the line in a reasonable amount of time, you're right who notices, however when a hold up occurs you do notice.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:08 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
THAT is the problem with people like YOU. You think you are ENTITLED to have your WANTS met. It has nothing to do with your NEEDS. This is why scum welfare recipients get welfare/food stamps while they have cable tv, phone service, cell phone service and internet.

The welfare entitlement never fails to amuse me. People that are given free goodies think they deserve MORE. I've heard people on welfare say they deserve cars, cable, iPods and so much more. I've known people on welfare who complain about getting free things, including one who complained because her free phone didn't have more minutes.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I buy what I want with my EBT if I want. Like I said 99% of it goes to meat,veggies and fruits to make sure we are fed for the month...If I want some chips and salsa I am gonna buy it. If my kids have been good and they want some candy fine go ahead...I don't work a traditional job but I do bring in money...so yes I work.

I guess ya missed the part where I bring in money and my wife works. So shove your reply where the sun don't shine. Have heard it before and take care.

Really, then how about you go do perverted things to yourself before asking for a dime of what someone else earns. You're working or not is YOUR problem. I see you posting on here, on the internet... having a good old time, NOT looking for a better job or another job while people like ME, who work for a living have to subsidize you and your useless family.

You are a thief!

Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Quote:

"bringing in money" doesn't mean you work. By you saying you "don't work a traditional job" means you likely do something like picking trash. That's not a real job and no I don't want to support you. Be a man and get a real job. If your kids want candy GET A JOB so I don't have to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies