Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Floundering President or a Great Leader
He is a Floundering Ineffective President 108 83.08%
He is a Great and Effective Leader 22 16.92%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Neither option.

He's only "Floundering and Ineffective" to wingnuts for things like squinting his eyes and taking off his jacket. Hell, Obama can't drink water without wingnuts screaming about how horrible of a person Obama is. Obama ain't perfect, not even great, but the hatred leveled on him by conservatives boarders on obsessive compulsive madness.
Give him a break. Remember, it's his first job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 09:59 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Give him a break. Remember, it's his first job.
LOL, and never ran a business but claims to know what is best for an economy.

He has an economic policy that has failed, never takes blame for anything and always claims to know nothing as he defense. Failed shovel ready jobs, failed green energy. More people on welfare than anytime in American history. Even though his policy is not working he won't change course.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:11 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
The left got upset and whined a lot about Bush and made a big deal about things, but regardless of "which side you're on", I definitely feel the right is way more obsessive and almost hysterical/paranoid (can't seem to find the right word) about Obama and everything he does. It's really creepy and I think it's one reason the Republicans are backing themselves in a corner so much more with independents.

They won't even think about the notion of talking anything out. They just scream and panic. It comes across as the party of panic.

When Bush was president I remember Rhandi Rhodes, who had a show on Air America, the now defunt liberal radio network, on which she aired a skit about Bush being assassinated as a joke. I also remember all the signs portraying Bush as Hitler, the obessison with the 2000 election years later, the attacks on Laura and Jenna Bush, and many other things. So please don't tell me the left was in any way more civil because it's simply not true.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:59 AM

380 posts, read 376,777 times
Do You Have Any Sympathy For Those Who Voted Bush In The White House?
101 Reasons We Hate Bush
George W. Bush, Jr. - The Dark Side

Sounds like the same old tune with minor variations.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
He has an economic policy that has failed, never takes blame for anything and always claims to know nothing as he defense. Failed shovel ready jobs, failed green energy. More people on welfare than anytime in American history. Even though his policy is not working he won't change course.
The are two things wrong with your argument. The first is that you claim the stimulus failed when according to government and private economists, the stimulus succeeded.

Judging Stimulus by Job Data Reveals Success

Quote:
Just look at the outside evaluations of the stimulus. Perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs. The Congressional Budget Office, an independent agency, considers these estimates to be conservative.
The second thing wrong is that while you say "his policy is not working he won't change course." Change course to what, austerity, that has proven to be a complete failure in Europe? Obama's policies are mild expansionary. A better policy would have been extreme expansionary policies. Unfortunately for your argument the only people advocating more stimulus were the liberals.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:05 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
When Bush was president I remember Rhandi Rhodes, who had a show on Air America, the now defunt liberal radio network, on which she aired a skit about Bush being assassinated as a joke. I also remember all the signs portraying Bush as Hitler, the obessison with the 2000 election years later, the attacks on Laura and Jenna Bush, and many other things. So please don't tell me the left was in any way more civil because it's simply not true.
When Bush was President we didn't watch him deliver the State of the Union with a Democratic Congressman standing up and yelling, "you lie!"

Yes, you might find obscure figures saying outrageous things about Bush but we now have elected Republicans saying completely irresponsible messages, including still denying that Mr. Obama is an American citizen.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
When Bush was President we didn't watch him deliver the State of the Union with a Democratic Congressman standing up and yelling, "you lie!"

Yes, you might find obscure figures saying outrageous things about Bush but we now have elected Republicans saying completely irresponsible messages, including still denying that Mr. Obama is an American citizen.

No you just had Harry Reid, the Dem Senate leader publicly calling Bush "a loser." Reid also called Bush a liar in an interview.

Oh and there were the Congressional Democrats who booed Bush during his 2004 state of the union speech.

Then againin 2005 Congressional Democrats again booed Bush and screamed "no" during the SOU when he was disccusing social security reform.

Is there anything else you'd liek to be proven wrong about today? Just let me know. I'm more than happy to oblige.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:38 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,895 times
hes the laughing stock of the world.
the only way he can get anyone's attention anymore is by using the US military.

historians will not remember Chicago Jesus fondly.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
hes the laughing stock of the world.
the only way he can get anyone's attention anymore is by using the US military.

historians will not remember Chicago Jesus fondly.

Haha. Chicago jesus.

That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

He's like a petulant little boy that has been allowed to sit at the grownups table.

Oh no. I used the word boy, cue the ridiculous cries of racism from the lwnj on this site in 1....2....3.....

Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
If he didn't have a D after his name, the left would be calling him every name in the book, like they did to Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies