Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 04:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,605,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who do you think writes the news that's being read? That's right ... the reporters who were there.
Astonishing! Truly astonishing. I'm sure you must be kidding. I mean, really, nobody could actually believe what you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 07:52 PM

11,895 posts, read 6,473,036 times
I came to see how corrupted the media is after watching various congressional hearings on CSPAN live, (Iraq war hearings, healthcare bill, immigration, etc) and then see how twisted and inaccurate the reporting would be later that evening. They all avoided information that didn't suit their biases, or actually reported it dishonestly, or highly emphasized what they wanted you to see. It was shocking after I had watched it live and real, and then to see the spin and biased manipulation by the news networks.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,899,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Watch CBC news. It is not privately owned, owes no one anything and tells it as it sees it.
I hate to break it to you, but you should look at the Big 6 and their corporate investments and see how much stock the govt owns.
Why do you think a company owned by a municipal corp is any better than a publicly traded one?
Who Owns the Media? | Free Press

Old 06-22-2013, 10:44 PM

37,737 posts, read 40,783,268 times
I still don't think the average TV viewer knows the difference between opinion jockeys and reporters.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:57 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,899,203 times
I thought this Ben Swann interview discussing the media awhile back was insightful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post

Old 06-22-2013, 11:06 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,632,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Amber Lyon.

Quoted here:
When Amber Lyon recognized the extent of the reasoning, she challenged CNN. CNN told her to be quiet, and began to view her as a risk. She knew, and found out, too much.
Amber is now trying to tell the story, the real story, of what is going on behind the closed doors of US Media entities. Amber has created her own website, and additionally as noted in the Guardian Article she is trying to share the truth of the deceptions.
What Amber Lyon describes is exactly the reason why CNN never aired the Nick Robertson interview with Muhammed Al Zawahiri in Egypt.

Additionally CNN and CNN International are also paid by foreign governments to avoid stories that are damaging, and construct narratives that show them in a better, albeit false, light.
Amber Lyon is a three-time Emmy winning investigative journalist and photographer. She accuses CNN of being “fake news.”
Back in March 2011, CNN sent a four person team to Bahrain to cover the Arab Spring. Once there, the crew was the subject of extreme intimidation amongst other things, but they were able to record some fantastic footage. As Glenn Greenwald of the UK’s Guardian writes in his blockbuster article from September 4th 2012:
“In the segment, Lyon interviewed activists as they explicitly described their torture at the hands of government forces, while family members recounted their relatives’ abrupt disappearances. She spoke with government officials justifying the imprisonment of activists. And the segment featured harrowing video footage of regime forces shooting unarmed demonstrators, along with the mass arrests of peaceful protesters. In sum, the early 2011 CNN segment on Bahrain presented one of the starkest reports to date of the brutal repression embraced by the US-backed regime.
Despite these accolades, and despite the dangers their own journalists and their sources endured to produce it, CNN International (CNNi) never broadcast the documentary. Even in the face of numerous inquiries and complaints from their own employees inside CNN, it continued to refuse to broadcast the program or even provide any explanation for the decision. To date, this documentary has never aired on CNNi.

CNN Exposed – Emmy Winning Former CNN Journalist, Amber Lyon, Blows The Whistle…. Simultaneously Answers One of my questions…. | The Last Refuge

We deserve better journalism.
Propaganda experts and scientists call all of our major news outlets "corporate propaganda" or "phony corporate backed news."

Large corporations have controlled all of our major news outlets for decades.

I used to think CBS, NBC, CNN, and Fox news were real news outlets. But then I got FreespeechTV and LinkTV on dish satellite. I watched documentaries like the following ones, and learned all of our major news outlets are not even real news.

The following documentary explains much of what I said above.

Orwell Rolls in his Grave (Full 3HR Documentary) - YouTube

The following Australian documentary shows the corporate network of Fox news.

The Billionaires' Tea Party (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

The following documentary is old, but it shows the way large corporations have controlled all news outlets from CBS to PBS for decades, but things are 100x worse today.

Fear and Favor In The Newsroom - YouTube

Yes we need better journalism. We need real journalism to expose the corporate takeover of our news outlets, congress, White House, and government agencies.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:14 PM
NCN

21,661 posts, read 25,497,207 times
I just wish they would learn to turn off the sound when two people are discussing something and each giving an opinion. You cannot understand anything when two people are talking at once. Don't let their voices be heard when it is not their turn. Somehow these people did not get the memo about speaking one at a time. There always seems to be a bully that will let no other opinion be heard. TURN OFF THE SOUND.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:40 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,632,318 times
The thing no one is speaking about, is that our reporters at all major new outlets, are not allowed to do certain stories.

Reporters are not allowed to do stories about America's large corporations. If our reporters try to do hard hitting stories that speak negatively of our large corporations, they are told by their CEO bosses to stop. If they do not stop they are fired or moved to doing stories about restaurants or pets.

The corporations that own our major news outlets, are the same corporations that give our politicians $100's of millions of dollars in campaign money. Our reporters are not allowed to speak of the corruption this money has caused.

Our reporters are not allowed to speak of wasteful spending on Americas military. Because the large corporations that own our TV stations, also own the corporations that manufacture and sell weapons to our government.

Our reporters are not allowed to speak of the corporate CEO's that have infiltrated our government agencies.

ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.

Our reporters are not (allowed) to do real journalism, and if they try they are fired, or forced to do stories about restaurants or pets.

The documentaries I gave links to above show/explain these things. But since our reporters are not allowed to speak of these things, most Americans don't even know about them.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:48 AM

11,895 posts, read 6,473,036 times
I find even on the Internet it is hard to find independent and non-biased reporting. Any recommendations?

Old 06-23-2013, 11:44 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,510,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The thing no one is speaking about, is that our reporters at all major new outlets, are not allowed to do certain stories.

Reporters are not allowed to do stories about America's large corporations. If our reporters try to do hard hitting stories that speak negatively of our large corporations, they are told by their CEO bosses to stop. If they do not stop they are fired or moved to doing stories about restaurants or pets.

The corporations that own our major news outlets, are the same corporations that give our politicians $100's of millions of dollars in campaign money. Our reporters are not allowed to speak of the corruption this money has caused.

Our reporters are not allowed to speak of wasteful spending on Americas military. Because the large corporations that own our TV stations, also own the corporations that manufacture and sell weapons to our government.

Our reporters are not allowed to speak of the corporate CEO's that have infiltrated our government agencies.

ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.

Our reporters are not (allowed) to do real journalism, and if they try they are fired, or forced to do stories about restaurants or pets.

The documentaries I gave links to above show/explain these things. But since our reporters are not allowed to speak of these things, most Americans don't even know about them.
Useless media, celeb and trash reality fakery floods the programming, this is bcs its cheap. Audiences dont want it, Arbitron and Nielsen ratings show.
Corporations want it.

Agree. Thank you for the Orwell clip.

People (some) are beginning to wake up to the fakery and deception of corporate media. Its agenda, and who is controlling it.

Anderson Cooper is a pathetic shill, not everyone is watching reality trash and enjoys being brainwashed, esp. those who have looked into his background of employment .

linktv.org
fstv.org
pbs is sometimes worthwhile, at least they give their audience credit for an IQ. Turn off the garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies