Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:42 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times

Advertisements

Amber Lyon.

Quoted here:
When Amber Lyon recognized the extent of the reasoning, she challenged CNN. CNN told her to be quiet, and began to view her as a risk. She knew, and found out, too much.
Amber is now trying to tell the story, the real story, of what is going on behind the closed doors of US Media entities. Amber has created her own website, and additionally as noted in the Guardian Article she is trying to share the truth of the deceptions.
What Amber Lyon describes is exactly the reason why CNN never aired the Nick Robertson interview with Muhammed Al Zawahiri in Egypt.

Additionally CNN and CNN International are also paid by foreign governments to avoid stories that are damaging, and construct narratives that show them in a better, albeit false, light.
Amber Lyon is a three-time Emmy winning investigative journalist and photographer. She accuses CNN of being “fake news.”
Back in March 2011, CNN sent a four person team to Bahrain to cover the Arab Spring. Once there, the crew was the subject of extreme intimidation amongst other things, but they were able to record some fantastic footage. As Glenn Greenwald of the UK’s Guardian writes in his blockbuster article from September 4th 2012:
“In the segment, Lyon interviewed activists as they explicitly described their torture at the hands of government forces, while family members recounted their relatives’ abrupt disappearances. She spoke with government officials justifying the imprisonment of activists. And the segment featured harrowing video footage of regime forces shooting unarmed demonstrators, along with the mass arrests of peaceful protesters. In sum, the early 2011 CNN segment on Bahrain presented one of the starkest reports to date of the brutal repression embraced by the US-backed regime.
Despite these accolades, and despite the dangers their own journalists and their sources endured to produce it, CNN International (CNNi) never broadcast the documentary. Even in the face of numerous inquiries and complaints from their own employees inside CNN, it continued to refuse to broadcast the program or even provide any explanation for the decision. To date, this documentary has never aired on CNNi.

CNN Exposed – Emmy Winning Former CNN Journalist, Amber Lyon, Blows The Whistle…. Simultaneously Answers One of my questions…. | The Last Refuge

We deserve better journalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 06:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,061,580 times
Fox News is the only outlet with an ounce of integrity.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:03 PM

298 posts, read 380,474 times
If you are referring to your OP and the link you gave us, I would have to agree with you 100 percent.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,626,753 times
I remember Radio Free Europe from my childhood. The word "propaganda" was well understood by every child.

There are days I feel I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm really here. Is anything real?

These days, people swallow everything being fed to them.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:11 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,514,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Fox News is the only outlet with an ounce of integrity.
Ha

Owned and operated by the same globalist/state worshiping shills as every other network. Fox News constantly pushes for more border security while Rupert Murdoch testifies for amnesty!

The game couldn't be more transparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I remember Radio Free Europe from my childhood. The word "propaganda" was well understood by every child.

There are days I feel I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm really here. Is anything real?

But they love us Dale.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,165,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

The media is in business. They sell stories and agenda. It is always best to try and verify what ever the news babbles about regardless of the network.
In 2005 I watch the news and learned that Thailand was devestated by a tsnaumi. Don't go there they said.
I went 1 month and 2 days after the event.
With the exception of 1 road Thailand was as it always was.
Katrina we were led to believe that there was mass rioting, looting and chaos.
No not really, just a few cases of the above.
Believe todays journalists at your own peril.
I remember they used to teach " Journalists report the news, they don't create it."
Iraq journalist were caught paying people to stage protests.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,413,789 times
Summary from Wikipedia:
Internal whistleblowing [edit]
On September 29, 2012, Lyon appeared on the Infowars program hosted by American Alex Jones. She described her investigation of how the US ally Bahrain was committing human rights abuses, but said that CNN and the US government pressured her to suppress the news. She said that Bahrain paid CNN for positive news coverage. Lyon said that Kazakhstan and Georgia also paid for positive coverage by CNN.[34]
In March 2013, the state-run Syrian Arab News Agency reported that Lyon had been directed by CNN to report selectively and falsely in order to sway public opinion in favor of direct American aggression against Iran and Syria, and that this was common practice at CNN.[35]

Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The media is in business. They sell stories and agenda. It is always best to try and verify what ever the news babbles about regardless of the network.
In 2005 I watch the news and learned that Thailand was devestated by a tsnaumi. Don't go there they said.
I went 1 month and 2 days after the event.
With the exception of 1 road Thailand was as it always was.
Katrina we were led to believe that there was mass rioting, looting and chaos.
No not really, just a few cases of the above.
Believe todays journalists at your own peril.
I remember they used to teach " Journalists report the news, they don't create it."
Iraq journalist were caught paying people to stage protests.
That's astonishing. Especially the bit about Thailand. Makes me wonder about Japan.

One thing I do know for sure. The Oklahoma tornadoes are real. Been there, done that, as they say.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,539,636 times
Watch CBC news. It is not privately owned, owes no one anything and tells it as it sees it.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Watch CBC news. It is not privately owned, owes no one anything and tells it as it sees it.
But that's part of the problem. I don't care how they see it. I just want facts.

In fact my local CBS affiliate started plugging their local news as "how we see it", and I stopped watching. I wondered if that was mandated from above or just a local plug. Now I know it must have been mandated.

I found them saying "the news as we see it" to be terribly offensive. I don't know you, I don't want to know what you think. You're not sitting at my dinner table engaged in a friendly discussion. I don't want your opinion and I don't care "how you see it". Just shut up and report facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies