Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2013, 04:45 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,302,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
She's an anchor baby just like our own EdwardA.

Only she's likable.

Hehheheheheh

Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,691,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
People really need to stop believing the media's intentional portrayal of negative black behavior.
The media helps shapes people's beliefs including the portrayal of negative black behavior. If you don't believe their portrayal why do you so easily believe in everything else they say?

Look at how they shaped the your impression of the candidates for the 2012 election. They know their power, they get paid to use it. They want to portray blacks in a negative light.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The media helps shapes people's beliefs including the portrayal of negative black behavior. If you don't believe their portrayal why do you so easily believe in everything else they say?

Look at how they shaped the your impression of the candidates for the 2012 election. They know their power, they get paid to use it. They want to portray blacks in a negative light.
This country is run and controlled by fear and the best way to get the msg out is through the media.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:13 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,691,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This country is run and controlled by fear and the best way to get the msg out is through the media.
yes I remember Obama running around the country during sequestration talks well. That is when Obama tried slipping "another tax increase" in to stop sequestration. Republicans said they wouldn't vote on anything that raised taxes. Obama tried using fear to rally his army to put pressure on republicans. And the peoples House still remains closed to the public. Obama thinks it's his house.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:55 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,392,860 times
Quote:
There is another one of these for the whole continent, but this should suffice for here

On an autocorrecting iDevice.
Lol you can't be serious? Certainly most White South Africans live first world standards. Last I read Black South Africans make on average less than $2k a year.

Old 07-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
yes I remember Obama running around the country during sequestration talks well. That is when Obama tried slipping "another tax increase" in to stop sequestration. Republicans said they wouldn't vote on anything that raised taxes. Obama tried using fear to rally his army to put pressure on republicans. And the peoples House still remains closed to the public. Obama thinks it's his house.
I will refrain from defending Obama on many of his political moves but I also will like to include those of us who managed to skip out of civics in a little secret, he cannot do anything without the approval of congress and/or the Senate. I will agree that the media has become the government's lap dog. Instead of them telling the truth, they tell what the government wants them to tell. This was really evident during the Iraq War debatacle.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:20 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,811,683 times
Quote:

Let's be real, it hardly matters who you vote for as president. Congress holds the power. With our two part system, there is very little I as an individual can do to impact national politics.

Old 07-05-2013, 05:00 AM

6,898 posts, read 4,745,468 times
Quote:
People really need to stop believing the
Quote:
media's intentional portrayal
of negative black behavior. The vast majority of black people are "productive members of society" who are trying to make strides.

Generational wealth is a very serious issue and deterrent to long term wealth building. Most middle class Americans were able to Bui,d wealth in the 1950s with easy access to low cost middle class housing, where blacks were intentionally excluded. It is a long path to build up from that.

I grew up middle class, but for quite a few reasons, I know I won't have any sort of inheritance, with the exception of some family land in the rural south. The path to appreciation on that us very winding. My parents were mainly self employed for their entire careers. No pensions or 401k to draw from in retirement.

The US has serious structural issues preventing the expansion of the middle class, and wealth building or the 99%. Until we address this, our problems will only worsen.

I don't need the media, I see it every day within my community.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 AM

5,725 posts, read 3,242,384 times
this is why African Americans have no wealth in this country.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't need the media, I see it every day within my community.
Your community does not represent the all of the Blacks in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies