Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:38 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Fertility rates are not the number of people fertile, but is the average number of children women get in their lifetime.

Its dropping in the US as well. Remember that 2.1 is replacement fertility.

Mexico
Your graph is about Mexicans living in Mexico though. Let's see what has been going on in the U.S. in the past decade.

Article | Surge in Birth Rate Among Unwed Hispanics Creating New U.S. Underclass

Explaining Why Minority Births Now Outnumber White Births | Pew Social & Demographic Trends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Monsanto is turning all our food into GMO cornucopias of infinite harvests.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:51 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,107,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I hope you were being sarcastic.
No I love big families I personally have 634 know blood relatives.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:52 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Most of the people that are regular contributors in this forum do not even have a clue about what is really happening in the world. They tune into MSM propaganda or read some useless newspaper or magazine.
One of those regular contributers is you.

Quote:
Your best friend for information on why things are how they are today is in History books. History does repeat itself and I do believe a world war is in the near future. In the 20th century up until 1975 an estimated 100 million people were killed in the world due to wars. So to date I would say we added a whole lot more.

We do not have enough resources to sustain many more people, especially with the developing nations starting to have more people drive. Why do you think crude oil is so high, the easy to get oil is gone, now they have to spend more just to get it. I know the talking heads on FOX told you we have a 100 years of oil here in our own nation but sorry, it's not true. Find someone who works in the oil industry or retired from it and see if they will give you a little insight into the truth about existing oil supplies and how costly it is to retrieve it. And this world, especially America needs oil to keep the lifestyle we all want and keep it running.

They will solve overpopulation, probably by reading the Nazi playbook and using modern technology to improve on it.
You are contradicting yourself. They will solve overpopulation by using the same playbook, but you admitted not more than 100M died in two world wars. In fact the population of western Europe stayed still during the world war. And many held off child birth till after the war. In the rest of the world population kept increasing.

World war is not a solution to global overpopulation. As pointed our before, overpopulation is a local problem, not a global problem. We will not help Nigeria by getting fewer children in the west. It doesn't work that way. The only thing that can help Nigeria is fewer children in Nigeria.

In all likelihood the consequence of overpopulation is hunger in those countries that are overpopulated.

Last edited by Camlon; 06-21-2013 at 03:55 PM..

Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Your graph is about Mexicans living in Mexico though. Let's see what has been going on in the U.S. in the past decade.

Article | Surge in Birth Rate Among Unwed Hispanics Creating New U.S. Underclass

Explaining Why Minority Births Now Outnumber White Births | Pew Social & Demographic Trends
No, one of the graphs are Mexicans living in Mexico. The other one was this one. That is hispanics living in the US.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:29 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Most of the people that are regular contributors in this forum do not even have a clue about what is really happening in the world. They tune into MSM propaganda or read some useless newspaper or magazine.

Your best friend for information on why things are how they are today is in History books. History does repeat itself and I do believe a world war is in the near future. In the 20th century up until 1975 an estimated 100 million people were killed in the world due to wars. So to date I would say we added a whole lot more.

We do not have enough resources to sustain many more people, especially with the developing nations starting to have more people drive. Why do you think crude oil is so high, the easy to get oil is gone, now they have to spend more just to get it. I know the talking heads on FOX told you we have a 100 years of oil here in our own nation but sorry, it's not true. Find someone who works in the oil industry or retired from it and see if they will give you a little insight into the truth about existing oil supplies and how costly it is to retrieve it. And this world, especially America needs oil to keep the lifestyle we all want and keep it running.

They will solve overpopulation, probably by reading the Nazi playbook and using modern technology to improve on it.

Turn the TV off and get a history book. I bet a lot of people on here just might get hooked.

Your first book that I recommend and it's real short so I know most of you can handle that is, The Cunning of History By Richard L. Rubenstien. It will answer some questions for you on population control.
Every prediction about human overpopulation and resource depletion has been wrong. Matter of fact, they haven't even been close. Go ahead and keep reading fairy tales if you want.

By the way, I have a degree in demography (population studies). I've read them all. They are all nonsense not based in reality.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:36 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Two words:
Space.Colonization.

More words...

Space colonization, via orbiting habitats. Large habitats. Utilizing nearby fusion reactor for power, and various celestial bodies for raw materials, there's enough "elbow room" for humanity to keep its geometric growth in population for at least another 2000 years.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:56 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,203,114 times
Africa is the only place that is growing which isn't that much of a problem since it is pretty loosely populated in the first place.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:59 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
You could give incentives for people not to have kids. It doesn't have to be Orwellian.

Old 06-21-2013, 04:30 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamihurricane555 View Post
No I love big families I personally have 634 know blood relatives.

So your family is part of the problem then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies