Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 03:18 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,763,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Anyone notice that Orly is geting ever wealthier off this scam?
I keep thinking about that will all the supplemental filings to the appeals court. If the court isn't going to read them who is? Same thing with the posse. All these courts are deciding is if the case should go back to the lower courts for a new look. The appeals court is NOT looking at the merits only seeing if the judge made a technical mistake. So why hundreds of pages of junk? I think it's a way to keep the lions. Or kitty cats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Ok I can't resist

I'ts in the hallowed out right front leg of the right front pew of The Best Little Baptist Church in Alabama.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
didn't she get popped for $7k in that case for defense fees? isn't she opening herself up for more sanctions?
My rough understanding is a lot of that was reversed when she "fixed" things. She's bragging about getting the case reopened but if you read the actual order from the court it's kinda yucky.

On January 15, 2013, this court filed an order dismissing the instant appeal because of appellant's failure to designate the record on appeal and for failure to file a Civil Case Information Statement, after notice that appellant was in default. On January 24, 2013, appellant filed a motion to reinstate the appeal. The motion is DENIED without prejudice. The motion is defective for the following reasons, among others: 1) The motion purports to include appellant's notice designating the record on appeal but the notice is internally inconsistent in that appellant has failed to indicate which of the alternative methods she elects to use for the record on appeal. Instead, appellant has checked each of the three alternative forms: a clerk's transcript under rule 8.122, an appendix under rule 8.124 and the original superior court file under rule 8.128. Much of the remainder of the document, which consists of handwritten notations, is illegible. 2) The motion purports to include appellant's Case Information Statement, but the Case Information Statement is incomplete. Appellant has failed to complete section A regarding Appealability, section C regarding Bankruptcy or Other Stay, and section E regarding Service Requirements. 3) Appellant's motion to reinstate the appeal does not contain a proper proof of service.

These are basic things. Of course if she was doing things right she wouldn't be doing it pro se. But if I did this filing pro se it would have been filled out properly. No one should be practicing at this level if they can't get these things right.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
my mistake. it was $4k that orly got popped for trying to disregard FERPA laws.

but that got me thinking, even if the alleged copies existed could orly bring them in front of a judge? it would also seem to be a violation of FERPA.
FERPA is tough. REAL tough. This is going to be like Terrence Lakin. "Come forward" and help blow the lid off things and you'll be a hero and we'll protect you. I don't think this is going to extend to whistlblower attention. You to to the DOJ on that or find a way but you don't go to a personal lawyer who is a legal opponent.

Probably just crazy but if she's right she's toast.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Too funny! An anonymous whistleblower from a website called "The Birther Report".
What that document is is a court filing. The logo above it is marketing from the website that made it available.

Old 06-21-2013, 11:33 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
so, since orly has this "whistleblower's" name shouldn't we be expecting her to publish the copy of the incriminating microfilm in the very near future?

Old 06-21-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
so, since orly has this "whistleblower's" name shouldn't we be expecting her to publish the copy of the incriminating microfilm in the very near future?
Trying to comprehend the penalty for saying you broke the law and made up evidence versus actually breaking a law.

It's probably a FERPA violation for her to knowingly publish it even if it's a hoax. And a lawyer encouraging someone to break the law and blow the whistle to an interested party in a lawsuit.

The smart thing to do is to say they are holding it until an appropriate time and the appropriator time will be when they have a lawsuit to be heard on the merits. Otherwise turn it over to the Guardian.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:13 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
The smart thing to do ....
is not the orly way.

she posted this on her site this morning:

"I am extremely concerned that i was not able to get a response from the whistle -blower either through e-mails or phone . I talked to her at the rally on WD, from what I understand she was at work on Th, but she has not been responding since."

so, either orly's "whistle-blower" was gotten to by some shadowy government entity or........ orly got punk'd, again.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:22 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
Orly Taitz and her law office is based out of California and the lady works in Albany, New York. The lady has microfilm to confirm her evidence that Obama got financial aid as a foreign student.
So you and Oily say.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Wasn't he supposed to have been funded by some rich Arab?
At Harvard? Yes. At Occidental or Columbia? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies