Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 AM
NDL

4,516 posts, read 5,642,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I can just watch Fox News viewers' brain cells dying as they watch this pure 100% high octane garbage.
Quote:
Well if you believed anything you saw on that video, then I just did. Problem solved.
I'm surprised that, as an educated person, you feel the need to call other people names.

The Fox News piece that the O.P. cited was poorly done, as are all of Fox's other journalistic efforts.

Yet, you call the O.P. an "idiot," for believing that there's an organized effort to create and implement policies that seek to manage the types of developments humans live in, and then write:

Quote:
...now if only more cities would follow in Portland's footsteps, but to do that would require massive limitations on suburban development and a reduction of how far out they can expand.
"Require massive limitations"...?

Isn't the above reasoning the same reasoning that moved you to call the O.P. an idiot?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
So you must whine about how much it costs you in gas with your vehicle that gets 2 miles to the gallon.

You don't even know what smart growth means, you just think it is a buzzword meant to scare the Cons, well I guess Fox News is successful for a reason, their audience is completely gullible.
Nope, not me.....I'm fine with the gas prices, are you?

I do know what smart growth is, and there goes the typical leftist "fox news" that's what everyone who does not agree with me watches....

Please define your version of smart growth....Please go right ahead....

Old 06-22-2013, 09:49 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,766 times
Emotionally Obama's arrogance is based in deep feelings of inferiority, a mental plague that infects much of the left. Obamanomics hasn't worked, and it won't. Obama is a loose cannonball. Obama will always need more. Obama wants to control everything except himself. That has always been a formula for tyranny, and Obama is no exception.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
You know what is funny about this interview, Megyn Kelly lives in the Upper West Side of Manhattan.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I'm surprised that, as an educated person, you feel the need to call other people names.

The Fox News piece that the O.P. cited was poorly done, as are all of Fox's other journalistic efforts.

Yet, you call the O.P. an "idiot," for believing that there's an organized effort to create and implement policies that seek to manage the types of developments humans live in, and then write:

"Require massive limitations"...?

Isn't the above reasoning the same reasoning that moved you to call the O.P. an idiot?

Those limitations are to protect rural land from the suburbs, some people still like to have the country within reach. The OP is an idiot if he believes he is going to be forced to live in the cities, when the reality is, smart growth protects the rural land from the suburbs.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Emotionally Obama's arrogance is based in deep feelings of inferiority, a mental plague that infects much of the left. Obamanomics hasn't worked, and it won't. Obama is a loose cannonball. Obama will always need more. Obama wants to control everything except himself. That has always been a formula for tyranny, and Obama is no exception.
Funny. I would say that describes you to a "T".

That, and a very small brain and reasoning powers to match.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, not me.....I'm fine with the gas prices, are you?

I do know what smart growth is, and there goes the typical leftist "fox news" that's what everyone who does not agree with me watches....

Please define your version of smart growth....Please go right ahead....
I am fine with gas prices, I currently don't have a car eating money out of my wallet.

Smart growth
economic growth in which there is an effort not to waste resources (=fuel, water, etc.) or damage the environment

Old 06-22-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I am fine with gas prices, I currently don't have a car eating money out of my wallet.
Good for you, but don't tell me how or what I can drive....by pushing ignorance...

Quote:
Smart growth
economic growth in which there is an effort not to waste resources (=fuel, water, etc.) or damage the environment
That is exactly what I said....Sylondra and electric/hybrid cars......

Talk about twisting words....or are you saying that Sylondra and electric cars are not "smart growth"?

Quote:
Smart growth...lol...

I bet you fully backed Sylondra....I bet you also back the electric/hybrid car also....to bad they are about to start taxing people who now own these type of cars....

Old 06-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Good for you, but don't tell me how or what I can drive....by pushing ignorance...

That is exactly what I said....Sylondra and electric/hybrid cars......

Talk about twisting words....or are you saying that Sylondra and electric cars are not "smart growth"?
Who told you what to drive? If you want a car that gets 2 gallons to the mile, that is your problem and your expense, dont blame it on others.

Sylondra is a company and electric/hybrid cars are a product. Is every company successful? No, there are always going to be successful companies and companies that fail.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Who told you what to drive? If you want a car that gets 2 gallons to the mile, that is your problem and your expense, dont blame it on others.
Unlike you and others, I really don;t worry about gas mileage....so no need for that excuse anymore....but let me guess...you take a bus, right....

Quote:
Sylondra is a company and electric/hybrid cars are a product. Is every company successful? No, there are always going to be successful companies and companies that fail.
But you stated I did not know what "smart growth" was..After giving you smart growth companies......nice way to twist your words to fit the argument that is not at hand....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies