Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 10:04 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Looks a little swollen for a tiny cut.

That nose looks SMASHED!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:04 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
All kinds of reasons you wouldn't want a creep to know where you lived.
But why would you head back in the same direction as the creep. If I was in a situation where I didn't want someone to see where I live, then I would keep running away from him.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Zimm said he shot Martin where martin attacked him. Body was 40 feet from that location too. If only there were video this would be so much easier.
As I said before I think two wanna be's went head to head and the 1 with the gun won.
A wounded person in a death panic can stagger 40 feet before they collapse. Still can not get over Zimmerman's smashed up face---He did not punch himself in the face...Martin struck him. Not to sound overly racist but watching some Utube clips about street fights involving black combatants...It seems that the sucker shot is the move of choice.. I surmise Martin slammed Zimmerman in the face...Zimmerman went down...Zimmerman gets up and shoots him...I think it was that simple. Zimmerman will probably use the stock defense of "I feared for my life" - I don't believe Zimmerman was afraid. I do believe he was in an uncontrolled rage. If he was smart he would go for that angle rather than the other.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
In the 911 tape, Zimm clearly said Trayvon was walking toward him.
Because he passed Martin on the road, parked at the side of the road, and then Martin walked past him.
Martin's path does not deviate from the shortest route from the the store to his house.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
But why would you head back in the same direction as the creep. If I was in a situation where I didn't want someone to see where I live, then I would keep running away from him.
Zimmerman told the dispatcher, "Those coons are always getting away."

His mindset was that his pursuit was already justified.

Trayvon easily read Zimmerman's mindset, as did, also, the dispatcher, who tried to dissuade.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
In the 911 tape, Zimm clearly said Trayvon was walking toward him.
That was about 6 minutes before the gunshot. So not very relevant.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:15 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
So he just decided he was gonna kill some guy walking down the street but decided to call 911 beforehand to make it look like self-defense. LMFAO.

Zimmerman has no record of violence but just out of the blue he's gonna kill someone for no reason on a public street where there could easily have been several witnesses.

Wouldn't it had made more sense to walk up to Martin, shoot him, and drive off quickly? Instead he calls 911, letting him know who he is and practically inviting the authorities to show up? Then he starts a fist fight (when he has a gun) taking the chance of alerting witnesses. lols.

I hope you are not an attorney.
Never made such a claim. Be reasonable.
Never eluded to such a claim either.
I think the big Z wanted to play hero. The country is filled with wannabes. Everytime someone hears what I did in the service they feel the need to tell me how they have would been if they did the job. Not one of them would have had a chance.

Here is a scenario. GZ sees this guy he thinks is bad. He has his gun. He goes to the range once a month. He shoots a 12 inch group. He's tight.
He gets on the horn. Yo Five O I got a bad guy. He is thinking this is it. My day to be the hero. He imagines headlines. Watch captain bags serial rapist, car thief and dog kicker. Pictures with police thanking him for saving their azzes. Hot chicks can't stop kissing him. God damn Anglie Jolie calls him and asks for an all nighter.
Oh yeah man This is it.
He wants 911 to know he is the man, he needs it.
He pursues. 911 tells him he doesn't need to. Hell with that he thinks, this is his tag.
He pursues and then the unthinkable happens.
Smack in the face and he is downed with 1 shot. WTF his mind screams. Jolie don't want some guy with a potato nose...
Out comes the gun The punk is not retreating and Bang the guns goes off at very short range.
OH snap he thinks what did I just do????

By the way he has a record of road rage that he was involved with and an ex who claims otherwise. She may have been lying. That happens too.
I am not a TM defender. I defend his right to walk down the street tho without people following him or giving him grief.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Was just exposed to the pictures of Zimmerman's injuries. This is the first time I saw the photos. What appears to have happened is-

The two meet - insults are exchanged...Martin gives Zimmerman a very hard sucker shot in the face knocking him down.. Zimmerman knows he is out match physically- He is enraged...He gets up and point the gun. Martin is shot but does not die instantly - he manages to cry out for help knowing the shot is probably fatal.
This is how I see it, except for the "enraged" part.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Zimmerman told the dispatcher, "Those coons are always getting away."

His mindset was that his pursuit was already justified.

Trayvon easily read Zimmerman's mindset, as did, also, the dispatcher.
It doesn't matter what kind of mentality Zimmerman had. Martin should not have returned after running away.

If you are afraid of someone and them seeing your home, then the normal reaction is to keep running away in the same direction. Martin never did that, he decided to return instead. That weakens his case.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Maybe he wanted his name to report him.

It was an informational move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies