Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2013, 09:37 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,877 times

Advertisements

Yes, early on their were wild comments about size. When the autopsy results were released (TM was 5'11" 158#), nothing changed. GZ was labeled as a fat and pudgy older guy that could barely move. He was not. Nothing changed. Right about then I thought Ya Knoooooow whatttttttttt?, maybe they donlt really care about facts.

It's actually getting worse, not better.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:

A key witness to the Trayvon Martin shooting changed the story he had given
Sanford, Fla., police, telling state authorities he was not sure who was
screaming during the altercation with George Zimmerman, NBC Dateline confirmed
Friday.

The man known as Witness #6 originally told Sanford police Zimmerman cried
for help. The witness stuck to his account that he saw Martin, 17, straddling
Zimmerman and pinning him to the ground before Martin was

On March 20, according to the Orlando Sentinel, while sitting for
a follow-up interview by a Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigator
the witness said that he was no longer sure who was calling for help.

"At first, I thought it was the person on the ground, just because, you know,
me thinking rationally, if someone was on top, the person on the bottom would be
yelling," he said, according to the Sentinel. "I truly can't tell who, after
thinking about it, was yelling for help just because it was so dark out on that
sidewalk. You can't see a mouth …"
Last I heard was this. The witness has remained consistent that Martin was straddling Zimmerman. So you have both physical evidence, Zimmerman's injuries, and an eyewitness basically as evidence Zimmerman was on the losing end of a fight before the gun came into play.

Old 06-22-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What is the witness John saying now?
Not much has changed since the last change.

George Zimmerman witnesses: Several George Zimmerman witnesses change their accounts in Trayvon Martin case - Orlando Sentinel

Old 06-22-2013, 09:58 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
I do not know if Zimmerman is innocent or guilty. What I do know to a 99% certainty is there is no evidence that can prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Racial profiling is not illegal, trailing a suspected criminal (no matter how flimsy the reason for your suspicion) is not illegal, ignoring a dispatcher is not illegal, and defending yourself during an assault is not illegal.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,644,647 times
Quote:
I do not know if Zimmerman is innocent or guilty. What I do know to a 99% certainty is there is no evidence that can prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Racial profiling is not illegal, trailing a suspected criminal (no matter how flimsy the reason for your suspicion) is not illegal, ignoring a dispatcher is not illegal, and defending yourself during an assault is not illegal.
"Trailing what you think is a suspected criminal" may not be illegal, but you'd better be able to deal with the consequences when it turns out you were trailing an innocent person, who now might feel threatened by you.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:05 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,219 times
Quote:
It is illegal to go out and kill someone who is not bothering you or anyone else.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It is illegal to go out and kill someone who is not bothering you or anyone else.
But that's not what this case is about.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:10 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,383,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
But that's not what this case is about.
Oh!

Uh, what's it about?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Oh!

Uh, what's it about?
The case is about a guy claiming to have defended himself after being attacked, and the State apparently disagreeing. The case isn't about someone killing someone not bothering anyone, since the deceased has been accused of bothering someone.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,069,915 times
Quote:
However there is no evidence he ignored the dispatcher. His explanation fit his cell phone recordings. However Martin should not have been there. He left that area 3-4 minutes ago, and then suddenly reappear. That will weaken his case.

The only thing that is uncertain is what happened in the confrontation. Was it Zimmerman who acted like a cop. Or did Martin attack him. I think the only way Zimmerman can be found guilty is if they find evidence that Zimmerman did not act in self defense, but acted like a policeman instead. The attorney probably should focus on the likely lie from Zimmerman about being punched 25-30 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.