Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever said the N-Word in your lifetime?
Yes 51 68.92%
No 23 31.08%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314guy View Post
This is about history not a moral high ground. There is no derogatory word in existence that was used as the n-word was and is and followed with ACTION by those using it.
If you say so. I however respectfully disagree. If you don't like being called a certain word don't do it to others. The minute you do you invite the same in return and morally deserve it.
Blaming todays people for past sins? when does it end? what is the time line? At some point one needs to move on. Never forget thus we risk forgetting lessons of the past, but to keep holding it up as an excuse?
I can call you cracker because 150 years ago your people made my people slaves. No my people didn't. My people are here today.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:10 AM

153 posts, read 156,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If you say so. I however respectfully disagree. If you don't like being called a certain word don't do it to others. The minute you do you invite the same in return and morally deserve it.
Blaming todays people for past sins? when does it end? what is the time line? At some point one needs to move on. Never forget thus we risk forgetting lessons of the past, but to keep holding it up as an excuse?
I can call you cracker because 150 years ago your people made my people slaves. No my people didn't. My people are here today.

There are still people alive today that participated in lynchings and other racially charged crimes. There are people that have benefitted financially from said crimes. There are plenty of victims of institutionalized racism walking the streets in America. The sins are current as well. This isn't strictly a 150 year old issue.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:17 AM

Quote:
There are still people alive today that participated in lynchings and other racially charged crimes. There are people that have benefitted financially from said crimes. There are plenty of victims of institutionalized racism walking the streets in America. The sins are current as well. This isn't strictly a 150 year old issue.
perhaps but not everyone is guilty and institutionalized racism goes both ways any time you use race as a qualifier.

That said I stand my ground on the issue. Dont like to be called a racist name, then dont do it yourself. The minute you do you invite the same to be done to you.
I dont pretend to understand a black mans struggles. I have had my share because of a birth defect. 13 solid years of it every single day, every where I went and I know I had it easy compared to a perfectly normal kid of the wrong color in certain places.
I also was blessed to have a man as my best friend who was black. He called me his brother. His mom called me white bread. LOL I knew she didn't like white folks but she accepted me anyway. Hardest day of my life was to go see her when her son fell in battle.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:
perhaps but not everyone is guilty
I never said everyone was guilty of anything.

Quote:
institutionalized racism goes both ways any time you use race as a qualifier.
How so?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
I never said everyone was guilty of anything.

How so?
when you use race as the qualifier instead of most qualified. Race was used to single out the best most qualified. That is a form of institutionalized racism.
I dont fight, I dont shun it. But it is what it is. No different than using race as a disqualified.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:33 AM

Problem with that theory is that there has never actually been any form of institutionalized racism toward "whites" in this country.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Problem with that theory is that there has never actually been any form of institutionalized racism toward "whites" in this country.
what about against asians?
Some whites would disagree and point AA.
If everyone takes a civil service exam and only 20 can be hired. the top 40 are whites but 10 are passed over for 10 of another race to fill a quota. They were discriminated against based on race.
I dont disagree with AA, but I do disagree with how it is implemented at times.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:40 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Now what Paula Deen said all those years ago was wrong and that was a mistake. BUT.........

1. I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that at some point in his life, Obama has used the terms "cracker", "white trash" or "whitey". He probably still refers to people who don't agree with him using these terms......

2. Is it racist when a white person does karoke on a Lil Wayne song and sings out the N word when the lyrics say so?

Old 06-22-2013, 01:42 AM

The greatest benefactor of AA is and has always been white women.

I challenge anyone to produce a law, past or present, denying white men anything that was given to minorities.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:46 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
The greatest benefactor of AA is and has always been white women.

I challenge anyone to produce a law, past or present, denying white men anything that was given to minorities.
Never heard of hate crime legislation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies