U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 PM

28,219 posts, read 47,637,542 times

Advertisements

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Twenty-three percent of those questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corporation Poll released Thursday say that compared to other presidents in American history, President Bush is the worst ever.

Thirty-five percent of those surveyed say that Bush is doing a poor job compared to other presidents and 40 percent said he was doing a good job compared to his predecessors. Only one percent said that Bush was the best president ever in American history.

CNN.com - CNN Political Ticker

Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,788,374 times
Visit zogby polls- he was ahead of the curve/opinion since 2004.

moderates and independents are disgusted with Bush. Sorry to be redundant. I am also being tactful.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 11-08-2007 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: add

Old 11-08-2007, 10:39 PM

10,189 posts, read 24,919,242 times
I have merged a new thread on the President here.

Let's see if we can bash him or laud him here!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 PM

3 posts, read 4,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Kerry would have been a mistake. He likes to point fingers make excuses but has very poor follow through.
Gore has turned out to be a raving Lunatic who couldnt even carry his own state.
I feel more anger that neither party has been able to produce a candidate worthy of a vote based on they would be an excellent choice. The last few elections have all been about voting for the lesser of 2 evils.
That is what we should all be embarrassed about.
i agree............

Old 11-08-2007, 10:54 PM

14,505 posts, read 23,788,374 times
Bush has done nothing. He merely exists as a fabrication of his predecessors. he is a fictive personality.

If he were of a different SES....he would have been hospitalized for borderline personality disorder.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:35 AM

310 posts, read 275,414 times
NOPE.

If there has been one thing many of you have remotely agreed upon....it IS the simple fact that NEITHER party does SHI*T for the American people.

Both parties ARE worthless beyond belief and this country so desperately NEEDS a THIRD MAJOR political party that can rise above all the BS and save this country's dying asss! NOW!

I'm glad to say that I NEVER liked Bush........so I never voted for him.
I NEVER liked Clinton.....so I never voted for him.
Matter of fact......it is unfortunate to say that I have never voted in any Presidential election.....because not once.....did I ever personally believe there was a worthy choice and the lesser of 2 evil crap just didn't cut it.

There SHOULD be a law.....preventing the remote possibility allowing a continuation of the same families to even reside at that address on Penn. Ave.
For that matter....there should be another law....BANNING ANYONE from the South from running for office, IMO!
They are the most narrowminded, stubborn, arrogant and corrupt jackasses in the country.
Looks like crap to me and probably other nations as they sit back and view our government like a Hatfield and McCoy....redneck, hillbilly feud between Texas and Arkansas!
THIS......IS.....what represents America on the world arena?!
It's a sick joke on the American people to see the reruns and deja vu......of the Clinton family/Bush family.....Kingdom of America with pathetic jesters competing for the title.....every 4 years.
The whole damn thing is sick!
Should be another lame reality series.

Bush hasn't been "running the show" anyway.
He's just the puppet who HAPPENS to BE.....PRESIDENT.......when, in fact.....it's been 'ol Dick Cheney.....calling the shots from behind the curtain the entire time......OUR LEADER.....in DC IS DC.
Republicans really BLEW IT and got this century off on the WRONG foot for sure.....but the Dem's would have done the SAME damn thing!
They ALL sit on their lazy ashes, accomplish NOTHING....'cept to screw things up more everyday and then give themselves a pat on the back and a frickin raise for a job "well done." WHO ARE YOU? Yeah......YOU in Congress....thats WHO!
WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN......Bullshiit....this IS America.....land of the people more worried about which moviestar got busted again or who's dating who, or SICK of the same old fluff in the media altogether and the local news' nightly police reports.....so they just TUNE OUT completely!
That is WHY voter apathy is also at all time lows.
The choices....SUCK and many people honestly believe it's just too far gone now to bother TO VOTE
We GET fooled again and again and again.....because we LET ourselves!

It's FATE......it's DESTINY......welcome to the 21st century.

It no longer matters which party holds the highest office or the House and Senate........it's ALL on autopilot now, an unstoppable entity on a course for self-destruction.
Hate to say it.....but this is obviously the case, IMO as well.

You....Baby Boom generation SHOULD be worried.
You are all entering your "Golden Years".....retirement, crippling health care costs.....ALL downhill from here for ya.
What about MY GENERATION?
CAN YOU SEE THE REAL ME? Where I'm commin from?
Where's my Social Security gonna be? GONE, poof!
What's the national debt gonna be when I retire.......oh yeah......won't EVER be able to retire.
HOPE I DIE.....BEFORE I GET OLD!
Thank God for carbon monoxide and it's availability and usefulness!

The '08 candidates.....OUR CHOICES for WHO will be the next President.....reafirm my beliefs and only fuel my overall cynical and pessimistic attitude and outlook on the future of this country.

We ARE ALL in DEEP SHIIT.......and there ain't NO way out of it, IMO!
God.....I still.....LOVE....THE WHO!
Ya think?

Last edited by Skytripper; 11-09-2007 at 02:07 AM..

Old 11-09-2007, 06:58 AM

7,378 posts, read 6,735,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytripper View Post
NOPE.

If there has been one thing many of you have remotely agreed upon....it IS the simple fact that NEITHER party does SHI*T for the American people.

Both parties ARE worthless beyond belief and this country so desperately NEEDS a THIRD MAJOR political party that can rise above all the BS and save this country's dying asss! NOW!

I'm glad to say that I NEVER liked Bush........so I never voted for him.
I NEVER liked Clinton.....so I never voted for him.
Matter of fact......it is unfortunate to say that I have never voted in any Presidential election.....because not once.....did I ever personally believe there was a worthy choice and the lesser of 2 evil crap just didn't cut it.

There SHOULD be a law.....preventing the remote possibility allowing a continuation of the same families to even reside at that address on Penn. Ave.
For that matter....there should be another law....BANNING ANYONE from the South from running for office, IMO!
They are the most narrowminded, stubborn, arrogant and corrupt jackasses in the country.
Looks like crap to me and probably other nations as they sit back and view our government like a Hatfield and McCoy....redneck, hillbilly feud between Texas and Arkansas!
THIS......IS.....what represents America on the world arena?!
It's a sick joke on the American people to see the reruns and deja vu......of the Clinton family/Bush family.....Kingdom of America with pathetic jesters competing for the title.....every 4 years.
The whole damn thing is sick!
Should be another lame reality series.

Bush hasn't been "running the show" anyway.
He's just the puppet who HAPPENS to BE.....PRESIDENT.......when, in fact.....it's been 'ol Dick Cheney.....calling the shots from behind the curtain the entire time......OUR LEADER.....in DC IS DC.
Republicans really BLEW IT and got this century off on the WRONG foot for sure.....but the Dem's would have done the SAME damn thing!
They ALL sit on their lazy ashes, accomplish NOTHING....'cept to screw things up more everyday and then give themselves a pat on the back and a frickin raise for a job "well done." WHO ARE YOU? Yeah......YOU in Congress....thats WHO!
WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN......Bullshiit....this IS America.....land of the people more worried about which moviestar got busted again or who's dating who, or SICK of the same old fluff in the media altogether and the local news' nightly police reports.....so they just TUNE OUT completely!
That is WHY voter apathy is also at all time lows.
The choices....SUCK and many people honestly believe it's just too far gone now to bother TO VOTE
We GET fooled again and again and again.....because we LET ourselves!

It's FATE......it's DESTINY......welcome to the 21st century.

It no longer matters which party holds the highest office or the House and Senate........it's ALL on autopilot now, an unstoppable entity on a course for self-destruction.
Hate to say it.....but this is obviously the case, IMO as well.

You....Baby Boom generation SHOULD be worried.
You are all entering your "Golden Years".....retirement, crippling health care costs.....ALL downhill from here for ya.
What about MY GENERATION?
CAN YOU SEE THE REAL ME? Where I'm commin from?
Where's my Social Security gonna be? GONE, poof!
What's the national debt gonna be when I retire.......oh yeah......won't EVER be able to retire.
HOPE I DIE.....BEFORE I GET OLD!
Thank God for carbon monoxide and it's availability and usefulness!

The '08 candidates.....OUR CHOICES for WHO will be the next President.....reafirm my beliefs and only fuel my overall cynical and pessimistic attitude and outlook on the future of this country.

We ARE ALL in DEEP SHIIT.......and there ain't NO way out of it, IMO!
God.....I still.....LOVE....THE WHO!
Ya think?

Well, if you've never voted for President, and have ignored ALL candidates, then you really have no valid complaints, since you've done nothing to try to change it. Apathy is just as bad as voting for the lesser of two evils, IMO.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM

30,348 posts, read 27,817,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Those individuals who voted Bush into the White House must feel like Horse manure right now, particularly about the direction (down hill fast) he has taken not only the United States, but the entire World. Although those voters who put Bush into office seem to always put on a good "game face" in public, they have to be totally humiliated, disgraced and regretful about not only their association with Mr.Bush, but also their decision to put him into office.

Again, I was pondering if any of you have any sympathy for these individuals and the depressed state of mind they must be in right now.
I don’t have any sympathy for those who support or voted for Georgie. There hasn’t been any one president who has caused more problems for our country and the world. His actions and the direction of his administration will take decades to recover from if ever. I feel the Republican party has destroyed the American way of life and our freedoms. I loathe Georgie Bu$h and those who supported his “actions”. Why would I care about their depressed state of mind? I care about the millions of people that have been harmed by this administration.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:34 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,319,294 times
Many good points covered by Skytripper.
Regarding the theme of apathy...yes, all too many voters are apatethic, not very informed, easily swayed by the politics of fear and take the bait of emotionally charged issues.
From observation it can seen that many are easily distracted by a fanatical overindulgence in sports and keeping watch on celebrities, as if these things will have a great impact on their lives.
Too many people deny the reality of many situations and prefer to live in the blissful, thick fog of la-la land, where Bush and the neo-cons reign supreme. By analyzing the guts of the Bush supporters I think we can find a whole lot of hooks, lines, and sinkers.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,536,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Don't feel bad for me guy. I never said I was a pacifist. But please don't assume we would be where we are today "no matter who is in office." That is patently false.
Montel has spot for you on his TV show, he needs another person that can see into the future to assist that Brown lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies