Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 12:40 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Those individuals who voted Bush into the White House must feel like Horse manure right now, particularly about the direction (down hill fast) he has taken not only the United States, but the entire World. Although those voters who put Bush into office seem to always put on a good "game face" in public, they have to be totally humiliated, disgraced and regretful about not only their association with Mr.Bush, but also their decision to put him into office.

Again, I was pondering if any of you have any sympathy for these individuals and the depressed state of mind they must be in right now.
Sympathy is not what I feel. Disgust and pity fit the bill however.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:08 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
I would vote for him for a third time if i could. I might be in the minority that approves of Bush, but it's a larger minority than those who approve of our Dem controlled congress.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
...it has been proven that there was no WMDs, also the link between Saddam & missing Ben was a fake. Hummm! it does make someone think about the reason(s) of the war.
That wasn't the point I was responding to in my post.

No WMD's - okay, the CIA was wrong, British Intelligence was wrong, several other countries had it wrong, the democrats were wrong, the republicans were wrong, and Bush was wrong. If out of all of that, you put it all on Bush and question the reasons for the war, then you seem to be saying either: 1. Bush was the only one that really knew there were no WMD's and he fooled everyone or 2. They all thought the same thing, but it's only corruption if Bush thinks that. I'll let you tell us which one you think.

There were links between Saddam and terrorism.

Anyway, back to the OP, despite the mistakes (I'm not a big fan), I would still vote for him over Kerry. Yes his approval ratings are low but not nearly as low as the democrats in Congress. So if you're taking a poll on buyers remorse, you may want to check with the Dems.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That wasn't the point I was responding to in my post.

No WMD's - okay, the CIA was wrong, British Intelligence was wrong, several other countries had it wrong, the democrats were wrong, the republicans were wrong, and Bush was wrong. If out of all of that, you put it all on Bush and question the reasons for the war, then you seem to be saying either: 1. Bush was the only one that really knew there were no WMD's and he fooled everyone or 2. They all thought the same thing, but it's only corruption if Bush thinks that. I'll let you tell us which one you think.

There were links between Saddam and terrorism.

Anyway, back to the OP, despite the mistakes (I'm not a big fan), I would still vote for him over Kerry. Yes his approval ratings are low but not nearly as low as the democrats in Congress. So if you're taking a poll on buyers remorse, you may want to check with the Dems.
...and who was advocating the war?
Other countries followed us into this war because of other reasons;
US forgave their debt ...and more reasons that you are not aware of.

Learn this: ignorance will always bring fear and disrespect.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I would vote for him for a third time if i could. I might be in the minority that approves of Bush, but it's a larger minority than those who approve of our Dem controlled congress.
keep up the good work!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,765,141 times
Quote:
Those individuals who voted Bush into the White House must feel like Horse manure right now, particularly about the direction (down hill fast) he has taken not only the United States, but the entire World. Although those voters who put Bush into office seem to always put on a good "game face" in public, they have to be totally humiliated, disgraced and regretful about not only their association with Mr.Bush, but also their decision to put him into office.

Again, I was pondering if any of you have any sympathy for these individuals and the depressed state of mind they must be in right now.
I actually feel pretty good having voted for Bush & Co. No, wait, I voted Libertarian, how silly of me! Whatever, either Bush & Co., or Libertarian was far and away better choices than alGore or JFinK.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:51 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
...and who was advocating the war?
The President, as the Commander in Chief, made his case and Congress backed it.

Quote:
...Other countries followed us into this war because of other reasons;
US forgave their debt ...and more reasons that you are not aware of.
I thought the complaint about Bush was that he was not able to get support, now the complaint is that he was able to get support even from people that didn't agree.

Quote:
Learn this: ignorance will always bring fear and disrespect.
Not sure what this means but I always heard ignorance is bliss.

Old 11-13-2007, 10:58 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,830,938 times
Quote:

In 2004, the people had no choice. John Kerry is a moron, a complete idiot, 100x worse than Bush.

I wish Gore had won in 2000, because he'd have apologized to the terrorists for 9/11, sent them a ton of cash to "appease them", and that would have been it. Then in 2004, we could have chosen a much better president and Congress would still be in GOP hands.

At least Gore is anti-illegals and Gore would have sucked so bad, the GOP would easily cruise to another victory in 2008.

The sad part is Bush deceived people that he was a Conservative, while in reality he is a Neo-Liberal (as Lou Dobbs calls him). He is a mix of a liberal and a Neo-Con. Bush really tricked us there.... Bush did NOT trick us into going into Iraq. Saddam managed to trick everyone that he had WMDs because he was afraid of Iran, he even tricked his own Iraqui generals that he had developed WMDs. What Bush did was trick us into believing he was a conservative, because he is a John McCain-style LIBERAL.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:12 AM

504 posts, read 1,763,979 times
Of all the presidents I have been alive for this president is the one I would not be honored to meet. I did not vote for him either time and the people I know that voted for him are now denying it, including some die hard used to be Rush fans.
I honestly believe we are going to need a great president this time and unfortunately I see no candidate. Yes I have sympathy for most of those that voted him, they certainly did not know all the havoc that was to come. MY sympathy is mostly for our beautiful country that will take years to recoup our reputation and prestige in the world.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander59 View Post
Of all the presidents I have been alive for this president is the one I would not be honored to meet. I did not vote for him either time and the people I know that voted for him are now denying it, including some die hard used to be Rush fans.
I honestly believe we are going to need a great president this time and unfortunately I see no candidate. Yes I have sympathy for most of those that voted him, they certainly did not know all the havoc that was to come. MY sympathy is mostly for our beautiful country that will take years to recoup our reputation and prestige in the world.
Well stated...and I agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies