U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,224,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Of all things for the Democrats to waffle on. It truly boggles the mind on this issue as for me it makes no difference as to the party affiliations it is simply a matter of right or wrong.

One would think that the nominee for Attorney General could state with a yes or no as to if this is torture or not as there is precedence on the books already. The only conclusion I can come to is that there are those on both sides of the political aisle that would rather this issue went away as to have an Attorney General publicly state that it is torture would probably find a few in Congress facing charges as well as those in the administration.

Again, it boggles the mind.
Oh I agree with you, ALL of Washington right now is mind boggling

Old 11-06-2007, 10:35 PM

692 posts, read 2,416,950 times
What's done is done.
( Bush was a stuffed suit anyways )
Next time around let's give the candidates a basic math test.
The winner gets a set of hairy stones to do what's right.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,428,907 times
orrrrrrrrrr we can have a real live celebrety death match winner takes all!!!!
They all look and act like robots with their canned answers.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:15 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,777,396 times
I never saw anything that discredited the swifties.

Then you didn't look very hard.
Urban Legends Reference Pages: John Kerry's Service Record His military medals;
Urban Legends Reference Pages: John Kerry Swift Boats Swift boat quotes, some accurate, some not;

Old 11-07-2007, 03:33 AM

2,967 posts, read 1,755,070 times
Quote:
Please try to be accurate when quoting other people. The statement was, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman", to which he would have been technically correct. As defined by Websters, sexual relations referred to sexual intercourse.
Ah, another Clinton apologist. I guess you are comfortable with "techincally correct."

And to call someone "that woman" who he just had intimate relations with is really beyond excusable. What a cad, and a liar.

I guess it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:23 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,981,620 times
No, no sympathy at all. It was fairly obvious to anyone with ears, a brain and eyes that Bush had the intellect of a cheesy Dorrito. You only have to listen to his speeches. He can barely string a sentence together without saying something idiotic or completely inappropriate.

I would have thought the Republican party had far better, and more intelligent candidates. I am a liberal but still am rather bemused that the Republican party ( with many brilliant ( if misguided minds) chose this baboon to represent their views and guide the policies of the Nation. The US is a great and wonderful country and quite frankly Americans deserve better than a moron who has made his Nation the laughing stock of the world and destroyed any good reputation it may have had. The mind boggles.....

Who would rest their country's future and good name in his lap not just once but twice ?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:35 AM

14,505 posts, read 23,736,707 times
Quote:
Of all things for the Democrats to waffle on. It truly boggles the mind on this issue as for me it makes no difference as to the party affiliations it is simply a matter of right or wrong.

One would think that the nominee for Attorney General could state with a yes or no as to if this is torture or not as there is precedence on the books already. The only conclusion I can come to is that there are those on both sides of the political aisle that would rather this issue went away as to have an Attorney General publicly state that it is torture would probably find a few in Congress facing charges as well as those in the administration.

Again, it boggles the mind.
right and wrong- lol- they have no concept of that anymore in D.C. Who can even keep track of the lies that are spoon-fed to the public daily.

Its sickening.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:24 AM

6,760 posts, read 10,415,429 times
I really don't care if anyone has sympathy for me or not, I'm not looking for it. I voted for Bush, and he turned out to be a douche. I didn't vote for Al Gore, and he turned out to be a douche. I didn't vote at all in 2004 because it was like voting for having either salt or rubbing alcohol poured on a wound.

We should all quit playing for the "teams" and start demanding better choices for candidates. Sadly, the political machine of DC has grown so big that we will likely never get to choose who THE PEOPLE want, but rather, choose from who the puppetmasters put on stage for us to begrudgingly vote for.

I'll vote for Ron Paul, and if he is not in the GE, I will vote for any other candidate that is not mainstream and still has a few principles left. Right now, the front 3 on both sides look like mannequins.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 AM

10,189 posts, read 24,882,080 times
I agree that we need to focus on the best candidate, not any given party candidate. It is immaterial, now, whether one voted for the President, or his opponent(s)--it's the past and the past can't be undone but examined, and when examined used as a guide for the future.

Can we pledge to look to the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post

We should all quit playing for the "teams" and start demanding better choices for candidates. Sadly, the political machine of DC has grown so big that we will likely never get to choose who THE PEOPLE want, but rather, choose from who the puppetmasters put on stage for us to begrudgingly vote for.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:21 AM

41,505 posts, read 51,262,946 times
First of all both the 2000 and the 2004 elections were stolen by the Bushistas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies