Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 PM

9,873 posts, read 10,778,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Silas777: So in essence you are saying that you would not vote for a Democrat, (knowing full well that a Democrat would not take the positions you stated above)...even if a Republican (in this case Bush) completely destroys the country from outside as well as within. Which gets back to my original point...you and others who take the same position as you, have more allegence to party affiliation and your own selfish agenda than the overall good of the country. Now, that's sad.
which part of "Zell Miller, I would vote for him" did you not understand! I dont have allegence to a party I have allegence to principles they just happen to be quite opposite of yours! Hows about you throwing out a few republicans you would vote for!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:10 AM

531 posts, read 1,739,370 times
I just wonder why Dick Cheney got 5 deferments!!!! My father was a veteran,and he wondered why Mr. Cheney did not serve. (And no, I'm not a Kerry fan).

Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,775,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
I just wonder why Dick Cheney got 5 deferments!!!! My father was a veteran,and he wondered why Mr. Cheney did not serve. (And no, I'm not a Kerry fan).
Well, he had "other priorities" at the time, as he has explained many times, cut the guy some slack.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,150,169 times
Quote:
Actually the saddest part of this statement is that you have to add the disclaimer that you are not a Kerry or Clinton fan if you state a fact that detracts from a member of the current administration.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,292,835 times
Not at all. Unfortunately we all have to pay for the stupidity of most. If you don't like the choices when you go to vote than don't vote. You still have a choice unfortunately our politicians(all) are bought and paid for. They are NOT for the people. It has become about money and power.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,521,738 times
Exclamation lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
Well... good for you and the fam on the spotting the obvious.

But...a vote for Hilary is nothing better, though, I'm afraid. These people are all dictated by the same entities. Hilary is nothing more than an unattractive globalist with intentions on not veering the ship too much off course - just there to provide the illusion for change. Dig deep, you will find out.

But beyond that, just on the surface - who the hell wants another Clinton in office - sandwiched in between two Bush's? What has this country come to... when people are willing to stomach a potential 38 year rule - (If you go back to GW Sr.'s VP...) by two families. It all is truly mind boggling how some can passively except this.

Oh... but who knows anymore. The bar has been lowered so much. I think this country has jumped the shark. It's now just the Golden Age of Rust.

It's time to take the fam and head for the hills. Live off the land. Brew my own beer. Maybe start my own religion based on the musings of Hunter S. Thompson.

And, I'm really not a hippie - but this all looks like fun, no?

Ah.

YouTube - Going up the country - Canned Heat
It is a sad commentary that neither party can be trusted; it is all special interests and corruption. People realize this, and it is disheartening.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:33 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,521,738 times
Exclamation excellent quote-thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. - Frederick Douglass
I was just reminded of a Kurt Weil song about oppression...what keeps mankind alive, its a very brutal truth. Will have to find those lyrics.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:41 AM

791 posts, read 2,216,826 times
Quote:
Those individuals who voted Bush into the White House must feel like Horse manure right now, particularly about the direction (down hill fast) he has taken not only the United States, but the entire World. Although those voters who put Bush into office seem to always put on a good "game face" in public, they have to be totally humiliated, disgraced and regretful about not only their association with Mr.Bush, but also their decision to put him into office.
I was thinking that those who don't like Bush must be feeling like horse stuff themselves, or at least stepped in it.

In case you haven't noticed, the French have come to his rescue. It won't be long until the rest of the world falls into the line up...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:29 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,150,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
which part of "Zell Miller, I would vote for him" did you not understand! I dont have allegence to a party I have allegence to principles they just happen to be quite opposite of yours! Hows about you throwing out a few republicans you would vote for!
Zell is definetly a cool guy. I would vote for him too. A straight talker with a spine of iron.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,122,613 times
Quote:
My dad's a chickenhawk too; I think it's hypocritical to be a fan of a war you would not yourself go and fight in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies