Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
LMAO!!! Thank you. Thank you for the comedy. I seriously did laugh out loud off of that. Some of the things you read on this site can be so enjoyable with humor.

Do me a favor, take big a__ London and compare its local news with just the City of Milwaukee alone. No, in fact take the whole United Kingdom and compare it to the daily news of just the City of Milwaukee alone in the United States.

Milwaukee being roughly 600,000 people and about in the middle in terms of crimes, shootings, and homicides compared to other U.S. cities.

I think you'll find Milwaukee alone produces more news than the whole of the United Kingdom combined.

I haven't even looked at the UK news but I know I heard plenty sh__ this morning in Milwaukee news. One man shot, another murder suicide in the city, and some local couple went to Chicago the woman killed man in the hotel room then shot herself. I'm sure there was plenty else pertaining to conflict and crime.
We are talking about USA, not UK.

U.S. violent crime down for fifth straight year - CNN.com

The US Murder Rate Is on Track to Be Lowest in a Century | Mother Jones
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Can someone point out where all this "USA is the greatest in the world" talk is?

I've never heard anyone say that, lol.
Are you serious?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 AM

America could be a great country if we deported all the creationist and warmongering loons on the one hand and the ultra-PC crowd on the other.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:13 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good to see another conservative finally waking up and no longer listening to the war drums.
For every conservative turning to peace, there's a liberal willing to excuse the war crimes of our current president just because he's a democrat

Old 06-24-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Are you serious?
Yes

Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
America could be a great country if we deported all the creationist and warmongering loons on the one hand and the ultra-PC crowd on the other.
You are a democrat?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
You are a democrat?
I normally have voted for Democrats. Michigan doesn't register voters by party.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I normally have voted for Democrats. Michigan doesn't register voters by party.
Than why do you have such radical far right views?

Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
There was a time not so long ago, I bought into nationalism. My grandfather fought in WW2, my brother in several wars and operations from 1980s to just when he finally got enough in Iraq and left the Army. I think pride in the nation is clouding the judgment of the citizens who still think "this is the greatest nation on the planet". If we were the greatest, we would not have a majority in Washington that work for themselves instead of the American people. We would not have the highest rate of incarceration per population anywhere in the world.

We would not be involved in wars, we never should have been in. We would not have national debt that will cripple this country. When elected leaders repeat and repeat the saying "this is the greatest nation on the planet" and the American people buy it, the elected leaders have done their job in ensuring change will not happen for the better of the people. It is like someone having a 1984 car that is falling apart at the seams and the owner still thinks its the best vehicle on the road. When is the country going to stop having so much pride in something that is not and start demanding change so we can actually claim that "greatest nation" title?
You start by making examples of your family serving. Then make their serve wrong for serving in wars YOU do not approve of. Then bring prisoners convicted of crime into by some weird twist. I think you speak from inexperience and fro wanting what was spent on you like so many now days.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:25 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
I agree with you OP. A lot of people are spending their time shouting how great we are at the top of their lungs without actually taking a long, hard look at what we have become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies