Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
WRONG !

OMG, LOL, OMG...

The state has to prove 2nd degree murder. NOT that incoherent babble you're posting.
Ho-Hum.....(yawn)

Old 06-26-2013, 10:33 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Just paraphrasing Zimmerman.

But, you knew that.

Didn't you!
Really, you call that paraphrasing. I have not heard Mr. Zimmerman say anything close to that about Mr. Martin. I think early when this happened there was snippet of a phone conversation when it was thought that Mr. Zimmerman said the n-word, but I think that was proven to not be the case.

Mr. Zimmerman did call Mr. Martin an a-hole and a f-ing punk though.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:34 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
A doctor would have asked him what happened.

The doctor would have then been a witness against Zim's story.

Better to go home and work on the story.
.......and to wait for the alcohol to get out of his system, perhaps.

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What is clear about this is that Zimmerman's credibility is CRITICAL in this case because in order to believe he was in fear for his life, as he claims, you have to believe that Zimmerman is being truthful. That's the point. Can you BELIEVE Zimmerman when he says he was in fear for his life, or have you been convinced that Zimmerman is lying......not honest....about what happened that night, which includes the events that led up to the shooting, as well as being in a position to be in fear for his life.
You've hit the most important aspect of the case.

The confusion of witnesses, and leading them towards confusion, takes some of the sting out of it. I'd be shocked if he ever took the stand, always have had this feeling.

At this point, the crime scene itself is confusing if anyone's taken the time and effort to actually read the statements. When you post direct evidence, you'll not get responses.

Zimmerman's written statement says "the Dispatcher told me not to follow the suspect, an office was en route".
This tells me that Zimmerman himself believed he was being told Not to follow the witness. Even though that's not what the dispatcher said, Zimmerman understood it that way. So if questioned, he'd naturally be asked Why he followed the subject anyway.

That leads into Zimmerman's statement of "as I headed back to my vehicle, the suspect emerged from the darkness." What follows is Zimmerman's account of Martin asking him "you got a problem?".

Zimmerman then states "as I looked down and tried to find my phone to dial 911".

Now who would dial 911 standing right in front of this "suspicious" subject? I wouldn't take my eyes off of him, and would have backed away if I could.

then "the suspect punched me in the face, I fell backwards on my back".

Remember, George Zimmerman was walking back to his vehicle when this occurred. During the re-enactment, George stated he was just past the Tee. GZ said Trayvon came down the walk towards the Tee, he points out the location during the re-enactment. That when "he punched me in the face". This was the very next day when GZ said this. Non-chalantly, Zimmerman just said he "punched me in the face". No excitement, anger, emotion at all.

One thing to notice is that the scuffling and punching and banging of GZ's head into the concrete, took place further down from the Tee on the grass, where the body was found face down. So how did we get from the Tee, by Frank's house, way down there? Was Frank out there too? He was wearing a white shirt. Zimmerman knew people were watching this epic battle.

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Quite an organized group we have today. Can you tell they bill by the hour?
Do you bill by the hour?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Pretty much seems to me Zimmerman has to testify, to tell the story how he was defending himself. And that opens the Pandora Box, to all the inconsistent statements he has made.

He may be in trouble here.
The defense hasn't even started yet.

What....4, maybe 5 pros. witnesses so far?

Miles to go before we sleep.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:40 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are out of bounds. Mr. Martin is deceased. Why must you call him a hood rat and the n-word? I don't flag posts, but the words you directed towards Mr. Martin are wrong.
Did you miss the No Limit N thing? He apparently didn't respect himself. Why should anyone else?

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pretty much all she did was speculate. And assume. She was a sympathetic witness because of all the self-perceived drama. It's impossible to tell what the jury might think of her. Having been a juror multiple times, when she said the person with the higher voice was dead, I would discount anything else she might say. Of course at this point, the jury might not know the FBI was unable to identify the voices. The defense needs to bring that in before the jury subliminally fixates on that statement.
The FBI were unable to identify voices from a garbled recording of poor quality. She was there.

One of the things that the prosecution should point out is that when you are hearing voices in real life, you are able to identify their location somewhat from where the sounds emanate. Like at a park if you see one person lying down, and one standing above them, and they are talking, you don't need to see their lips move to know which one is standing, their voice will go out into the space a bit differently than the one who is lying down.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:43 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
At this point, the crime scene itself is confusing if anyone's taken the time and effort to actually read the statements. When you post direct evidence, you'll not get responses.

[snip]One thing to notice is that the scuffling and punching and banging of GZ's head into the concrete, took place further down from the Tee on the grass, where the body was found face down. So how did we get from the Tee, by Frank's house, way down there? Was Frank out there too? He was wearing a white shirt. Zimmerman knew people were watching this epic battle.
Wouldn't it be truly ironic if the defense tries to explain the inconsistenies/contraditions by blaming them on gz's use of Adderall and Temazepam.

The witnesses so far haven't added much in terms of the actual fight or screaming, but as you've been mentioning, location, location, location.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:45 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Wouldn't it be truly ironic if the defense tries to explain the inconsistenies/contraditions by blaming them on gz's use of Adderall and Temazepam.

The witnesses so far haven't added much in terms of the actual fight or screaming, but as you've been mentioning, location, location, location.
I think the witnesses have added a lot.

One said the boy was the one crying out. She was there, so she had a much clearer perception than listening to a recorded 911 call.

The other, the Asian woman, said that Zimmerman was on top of Trayvon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies