Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Nope. How the heck can anyone rely on testimony based on ID'ing a voice never heard before. She later knew the victim was a 'boy,' voila, the 'boy' yelled. She didn't even see who screamed.

For someone who repeatedly points out the fallibility of EYEwitnesses, you're being awfully accepting of a panicked, distraugh EARwitness, who also heard 3 pops.
There's a big difference between hearing garbled voices on a phone recording versus being there in person. I think someone who heard the voices in real life would be more accurate. I would put more credence in a witness who was just a few yards away than the 911 recording.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Stopping momentum, yes. However, assistant state attorneys are paid a salary by the State regardless of how many hours they work. They do not make more money if they take longer. Of course, they may get raises if they WIN. Who knows?
and they seem to be the ones (so far) that don't have to keep stopping to look at their notes.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you even remember what I was responding to?

I am not stupid.

I will bring your post to the attention of the moderator.

hmmm, I was going to respond further, but it's not worth it..
lol... "bring my post to the attention of the moderator". Feeling guilty about something I said? Where did I say YOU were stupid?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:12 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
GZ wouldn't let tm scream for that long before shooting him. Maybe one boyish yelp, then boom.
Then we all agree that it was Trayvon screaming, don't we.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
And you know this, because you were there? The witness who just testified said Zimmerman was on top.
That was AFTER the shooting. DUH! That has ALWAYS been the case. That witness didn't see the entire thing, she saw AFTER the shot, or in her words, the THREE shots. She's toast.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:13 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Come on. You're smarter than this ^^^. And you know that the defense was not very effective in cross examination of the first witness.
One compares voices she's never heard before, learns the deceased is a 'boy' and decided the yeller was the boy. The other based the ID on the football and hoodie pics. How the heck do you find that reliable, unless you absolutely, positively want to.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Nope, not even his own father agrees with that.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:14 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
I don't put much credence in ID's based on pics seen later of the really young tm or the 'boyish' yelp from people who've never heard their voices. Ridiculous, but I expect you to swallow all testimony against gz.
Come on, she has special powers. She can also tell who is taller based on a photograph of one person's head and a full body shot of the other. And she can tell how voices sound based on 4 year old pictures of teenagers. I surprised the prosecution didn't try to have her declared an expert for her photo voice recognition specialty. She's not any worse than the other "experts" they tried to get admitted.

Too bad for her special voice powers that Zimmerman's voice is high and faint and Trayvon had a deep voice. She described Zimmerman's voice very well in the initial altercation, as the high, faint voice that was answering softly to the angry, booming deep voice.

The 911 tape clearly showed Zimmerman has a high, faint voice.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Absolutely. His mother said so and that's good enough for me.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Nope. How the heck can anyone rely on testimony based on ID'ing a voice never heard before. She later knew the victim was a 'boy,' voila, the 'boy' yelled. She didn't even see who screamed.

For someone who repeatedly points out the fallibility of EYEwitnesses, you're being awfully accepting of a panicked, distraugh EARwitness, who also heard 3 pops.
True. Also, I can generally tell the difference between the voice of an adult and a kid......has a lot to do with speech patterns and inflection. She had not seen nor read any media reports at the time she made the 911 call regarding who was killed, or that he was a young teenager, yet she used the word "boy" when talking to 911 operator at the time the shooting was occurring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies