Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 11:28 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,450,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It's been well established that Zimmerman was not a Jehovah's Witness.
It's also well established that TM was racist.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM

78,382 posts, read 60,566,039 times
The gal on the phone with Trayvon is absolutely wrecking the prosecutors case by getting caught over and over again in lies and refuting her earlier statements.

It's like she's trying to help make the case but it's blowing up in her face.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:30 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I see it another way. The prosecution's badgering is starting to make the jury be more sympathetic to this teenager. He should have made his points two hours ago and moved on.
Agreed. His constant badgering over a point that he knows the answer to (but just wants to ask for the sake of harping on how inarticulate the witness is) will not endear him to the jury. In fact, it's very similar to the Zimmerman/Trayvon dynamic (know it all adult trying to show up a no good teen).

Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Means nothing. He could have skinned cats all day long as a kid, but it has nothing to do with this case of self defense. Now what DOES have something to do with it is that it is now established that Martin was at the back entrance of where he was staying but decided not to go inside, but instead confront and assault Zimmerman. If the jury wants to think that part is untrue, then they must consider everything else untrue, which most of what DeeDee said was untrue. She was even asked if she thinks that TM could have been lying when he said he was at the house and she said, "No, why would he lie about that?". BOOM THERE IT IS!
I heard the defense trying to word it that way, but she kept correcting him, saying Trayvon was NEAR the back of the house, not AT the house.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's also well established that TM was racist.
Yes, he was born black - I see what you mean.

He was probably one of them primitive Natural Born Citizens.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:34 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I feel sorry for any court reporter or transcriptionist trying to take down her statement. My god, does anyone have a real clue what she's saying? Between the very quiet responses, and the inability to form a coherent sentence, I can only pick up about one word in four. Other than rather snarky "yesirs".
She's a teen with an attitude. Hardly a new phenomenon. My teen daughter usually employs the low monotone way of speaking when she's annoyed. It drives me bonkers; I'm convinced she wants me to believe I'm going deaf. In speaking with other parents, this is not an uncommon way for teens to show they are annoyed and don't want to be bothered (without being outright disrespectful).

Old 06-27-2013, 11:38 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I heard the defense trying to word it that way, but she kept correcting him, saying Trayvon was NEAR the back of the house, not AT the house.
That is what I heard. He was the one that kept saying that but to his dismay she kept correcting him. He should have just moved on because it didn't make him look good.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:42 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,530,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
She's a teen with an attitude. Hardly a new phenomenon. My teen daughter usually employs the low monotone way of speaking when she's annoyed. It drives me bonkers; I'm convinced she wants me to believe I'm going deaf. In speaking with other parents, this is not an uncommon way for teens to show they are annoyed and don't want to be bothered (without being outright disrespectful).
Exactly! I think that many of the people that are saying some mean things haven't been around teens in awhile. Personally I haven't been a teen in a long time and I would be getting annoyed with him myself.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
My teenage daughter tries that as well. All I need to do is say please speak up and she does. She doesn't carry on this "bs disrespectful attitude" for hours on end. This girl is an example of wasted youth and shoddy parenting. She is in a court of law. Show some respect.

Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
My teenage daughter tries that as well. All I need to do is say please speak up and she does. She doesn't carry on this "bs disrespectful attitude" for hours on end. This girl is an example of wasted youth and shoddy parenting. She is in a court of law. Show some respect.
Showing respect requires self respect... She apparently has none and as such cannot give respect..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies