Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 06:50 PM

226 posts, read 229,915 times

Advertisements

Breaking: Martins mother caught on video in courtroom saying to Martins dad "She lyin" as DeeDee testified.

Go to exactly the 38:00 mark or about 10 seconds before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=wGeK3XHJ7l0

Old 06-27-2013, 06:52 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I can't believe there are some people here who are trying to dismiss this woman's diminished mental capacity because she's "only 19" and that she doesn't have the mentality of an adult. At 19 I was sleeping in the sand, carrying a loaded automatic rifle, shooting at people who were shooting at me. I owned a car, I had a home and I was responsible for myself at the ripe old age of 19.

This woman is a product of failed parenting and a failed education system, it has nothing to do with her age.
It's a generational thingy inherant with the younger set. In WWII 19 year olds were flying bombers over Europe.

We keep setting that bar lower and lower, we should not then be surprised when they live down to our expectations, should we?

Old 06-27-2013, 06:54 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Good point. It makes me wonder why Zimmerman keeps insisting that the initial encounter was at the T. Because at least one neighbour said the sounds of the struggle started further away from the T and moved that way. And the body ended up maybe 35 feet away from the T.

That would suggest that Zimmerman had indeed gone down the dog walkway, i.e. he was following or searching for Trayvon, and not just returning to his truck.
We will probably never know. But piecing together all available statements and evidence, IF it did start at the Tee as George stated, there must have been some pushing and shoving and following to get to the point of the final altercation. Given the witnesses testimony, I don't think we'll ever know what really happened.

At some point, the prosecution has to bring this up, and they will.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:56 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I can't believe there are some people here who are trying to dismiss this woman's diminished mental capacity because she's "only 19" and that she doesn't have the mentality of an adult. At 19 I was sleeping in the sand, carrying a loaded automatic rifle, shooting at people who were shooting at me. I owned a car, I had a home and I was responsible for myself at the ripe old age of 19.

This woman is a product of failed parenting and a failed education system, it has nothing to do with her age.

I don't know that she has a diminished mental capacity. She certainly is unsophisticated and grew up in an isolated community within Miami. English is her 3rd language (I didn't realize that until today); obviously she has communications problems in English.

However, she caught on quite quickly where West was going several times.

Basically, she is a product of her environment. But I'd bet that she lives very well within it.

One of the interesting things was that she'd mention something that to her was second nature. And West would look at her with a blank look on his face.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 PM

226 posts, read 229,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post

Basically, she is a product of her environment.

And a primitive one at that!

Old 06-27-2013, 07:02 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Maybe, but only if and when those statements are brought in as evidence.

And honestly, I'm not sure a victim is a good details witness. Knowing what happened to you and knowing exactly where it happened are two completely different things. Especially after having your head bashed in.

It's unlikely George looked at the addresses on the buildings before he was assaulted. Not knowing where Trayvon was and probably assuming he'd either gone inside or left the area, he was on his way to his truck. There was no reason for him to be able to pinpoint exactly where he was. Those apartments are pretty much identical, and as one witness testified today, there are no street markers.

If they can prove George was lying in his reenactment, OK, then I'll consider it. 'Til then, nope!
George has always been consistent about one thing, the Tee. There are no building numbers back there, only on the Front of the buildings. It's obvious from the diagrams shown by everyone, including a witness house, where it happened. It happened further down the walkway from the tee, and had to happen in the grassy area.

I agree with you that victims don't make great witnesses, nor does practically anyone. I know from experience that people have amazingly different recollections even the next day than they have after reviewing evidence. The mind is not a computer.

George had a frantic moment during the re-enactment. There wasn't a cop there that didn't give him a real funny look as he pointed to the Tee, and moved down from there. If the body was there, this case would probably never have been filed. Hindsight is always 20-20. George should have stayed in his truck, Trayvon should have gone home and watched the game.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Okay, where are they going with the social media thing? So she had some contact with George Zimmerman's brother? Interesting.
Yes, that is interesting. She also is friend w/ Zimmerman's friend...Frank....the one always on Nancy Grace and other shows, defending George.
I think she seemed a bit like a hostile witness given she was there for the prosecution.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
See Mark Omara news conference where he states how the trial is going.

Day 13: Defense Attorney Mark O'Mara News Conference | www.wftv.com
Thanks. I really couldn't hear the questions and had to guess at what they were based on the answers.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:05 PM

3 posts, read 2,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I don't know that she has a diminished mental capacity. She certainly is unsophisticated and grew up in an isolated community within Miami. English is her 3rd language (I didn't realize that until today); obviously she has communications problems in English.

However, she caught on quite quickly where West was going several times.

Basically, she is a product of her environment. But I'd bet that she lives very well within it.

One of the interesting things was that she'd mention something that to her was second nature. And West would look at her with a blank look on his face.
Oh please.

She didnt sound like an Indian-American or Asian-American who spoke English and a 2nd or 3rd language, she spoke EBONICS (aka, broken retarded english). She grew up in MIAMI, which is a cesspool. Get real.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
And a primitive one at that!
So? Thats true of a lot of large US cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies