Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,158,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That means she's lived her entire life in the US and has attended US public schools, which to my knowledge still teach the English language.
Evidently not very well. I blame her home life as well. Obviously her parents didn't encourage her studies.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,276,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
That means she's lived her entire life in the US and has attended US public schools, which to my knowledge still teach the English language.
And still had to translate to those who do at the same time. Are you multi lingual? Have you ever had to translate a word or phase that can't be translated?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,917,016 times
We need more testimony from the Blond Hispanic lady.

She will be in big demand after the trial.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,613,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
She is completely unable to articulate her thoughts. Why I don't know. She may very well be borderline retarded.
Ignorant and stupid are 2 entirely different things. Ignorance is by choice, stupid is by birth.
She's not articulate. Not everyone is---it doesn't mean her testimony isn't true. She also uses an idiom that probably is very common in Little Haiti, which is a very distinctive area of Miami, and also teenage slang. Add to that some kind of speech impediment that further makes her words sound mumbled even when she is trying to speak clearly.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We need more testimony from the Blond Hispanic lady.

She will be in big demand after the trial.
I want to go buy construction tools from her.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,818,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
She may be back. West made an idiotic blunder mentioning GZs past. That may be new open territory for the prosecutor.
There will be more craziness as we go. Ive maintained that no all white jury is going to convinct Zimmerman from day one, regardless of what they find.

Im content that I'll never hear or see George Zimmerman again after this trial. He'll have to go witness protection or live as a complete hermit.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,276,038 times
Quote:
Come on. I don't want to gang up on that girl, I really don't. If she is mentally disabled I can understand her behavior and inability to express herself. That combined with a court setting, a totally idiot lawyer grilling her. I can understand.
But at 19 we have men and women making life and death decisions. Those who serve...
She should be able to get her point across better than she does.
on a side note I might have asked that lawyer if he was born a total dik or if he had to practice it because he has it down pat.
Have you ever been grilled by a lawyer asking you the same questions that you already know that he had the answers to? How about for 5 hours straight? How about that you never been in a courtroom with so many people and cameras on you and they hang on to every word that you say?
Ok, lets just add the fact that you are 19 years old and you heard that your friend was killed over the phone.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
She's not articulate. Not everyone is---it doesn't mean her testimony isn't true. She also uses an idiom that probably is very common in Little Haiti, which is a very distinctive area of Miami, and also teenage slang. Add to that some kind of speech impediment that further makes her words sound mumbled even when she is trying to speak clearly.
I am not arguing the veracity of her testimony. I am agreeing that the way she presented herself was very poor. It could be the prosecution prepared her poorly and she felt ambushed, or trapped. I wonder the same thing when I watch professional athletes, college grads and they can't form a complete sentence.
Her attitude towards the lawyer? Respect is a 2 way street. He showed little and she gave him little. I was hoping to see her do a celebrity death match on him.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:12 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,471,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Oh, so now she's a manipulative genius, not someone whose first language isn't English? IIRC, Rachel had known Trayvon Martin since they were children; I daresay he could understand her quite well. I went to school with twins...to this day people have trouble telling them apart, but I have no problem.
She was born in Miami and went to English-speaking schools. I assume her friends speak mainly English, not creole. The First 48 is in English, as are her tweets and messages. Though her mother's 1st language is creole, it is My Opinion Rachel would be insulted by people who think they are defending her by saying English isn't her 1st language.

As for 'knowing' tm since childhood, I thought she said they 'reconneted' in early Feb. 2012. I don't know how long they were friends between 2nd grade and her 18 th birthday.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:13 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,393,847 times
Quote:
Very reasonable post
And I humbly apologize to the forum for ruining the decorum.

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies