Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 06:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,499,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
She may be back. West made an idiotic blunder mentioning GZs past. That may be new open territory for the prosecutor.
3 swings, 3 misses.

The witness was Jenna Lauer, the lawyer was O'Mara, and he didn't bring up gz's past.

Bernie knows it went downhill for the state all week after the knock knock joke. To lift his spirits after the Rachel debacle, he grabbed the 1st chance he had to introduce gz's legal problems from 2005. I don't blame him. A terrific way to turn the tide with 6 woman jurors.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,660,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Get your head out of the gutter. It was the defense's lawyer who made that witness stand up and demonstrate that pose that Zimmerman supposedly made after she saw him get up off the boy's dead body. of him touching the cuts on the back of his head.
lol. What a prude! Since I'm female and as far from gay as one could imagine, it's hardly a gutter thing. I just happen to have a terrific sense of humor.

And yes, I know it was OMara. I watched, unlike a lot of pontificaters.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,987,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, Miami is such a "cesspool" that people spend millions and millions and millions of dollars to live there and enjoy having winter homes there. Yep, Miami is a real "cesspool" which I'm guessing you've never visited, especially the hotels and condos on Brickell Avenue, along with great restaurants and shops and a Morton's Steak House right down in the financial center. Bet you're never seen the emerald colored water that surrounds most of the city and the financial district. Great. great views from about 20th to 40th floors!
Miami is bad enough that it's one of 3-4 areas that new truck drivers were/are constantly told by experienced ones to sleep with one's pistol within reach when delivering there. Chicago was another as is the market in New York.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:11 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,499,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I felt she suffered on credibility, especially the second day. She seemed very credible when she spoke about the point up to the confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin. Her statements didn't change or waver in way until that point. Once there though, she seemed to change her story several times, even within the context of this trial. Since I purposely avoided anything about this trial beforehand, I am learning of the events as they are reported in court. So, I had no information about her prior statements except what was presented in court.

Plus, as I said before, I found her behavior distracting. I know I shouldn't judge the validity of her statements based on her attitude but I honestly couldn't help it. Like I said before, I'm human.
I appreciate the perspective of someone who'd never seen her prior statement because I'd listened to the audio and read transcripts of her 4/2 interview with Bernie.

I had predicted 1. the state would not call her as a witness because 2. she would not help their case.

I was wrong about #1, but am sticking with #2.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:14 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,015,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I appreciate the perspective of someone who'd never seen her prior statement because I'd listened to the audio and read transcripts of her 4/2 interview with Bernie.

I had predicted 1. the state would not call her as a witness because 2. she would not help their case.

Before seeing her testify, I had never heard her name, heard her speak, or even heard anything about her. My knowledge of the Zimmerman case was limited to knowing Zimmerman shot Martin, claimed self-defense (or stand your ground), and it caused a huge uproar. That's literally it.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I think this trial points out the utter failure of our public schools. The so called credible combative witness for the prosecution cannot even read a letter. Oh her excuse is because its written in cursive.
The fact kids are not taught handwriting anymore is sad and pathetic.
Just as recent as 7 years ago we went to my son's school to discuss his horrible handwriting and we were told "we don't teach handwriting past 5th grade and he doesn't need cursive, he can print. We commented that he can't even do that well and were told "it doesn't matter, we've got computers that can do that so he doesn't need to actually write".

Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Catching up on all the testimony I missed today. I'm about four hours into it. Here's the thing. There seems to be consensus the lawyer, West, is somehow rude or mean. Personally, I don't think he's come across that way at all. He seemed a little lost on current social networking and texts yesterday but I've not come away with the impression of him being someone mean.

By the way, I'm probably a good litmus test for how the jury is perceiving this testimony. I say this because I, for whatever reasons, did not follow the case in the slightest before the trial began. Thus, for me, all of this information is new.
Hardly a consensus.

It was obvious both West and the prosecutor (di la R...I don't know the correct spelling) were incredibly confused about social media; i.e., tweets, twits, etc. West was frustrated to the core. The other fella was embarrassed to the core when he realized Jenna had sent ZERO tweets.

Unfortunately, people here aren't about to change their minds, in spite of overwhelming evidence. These are the low information voters one hears so much about. Seriously stuck.....

Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,247,394 times
I had this argument with others in favor of getting rid of cursive too and could not believe the argument too was because we have computers. I am glad I have my daughter in a private school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Just as recent as 7 years ago we went to my son's school to discuss his horrible handwriting and we were told "we don't teach handwriting past 5th grade and he doesn't need cursive, he can print. We commented that he can't even do that well and were told "it doesn't matter, we've got computers that can do that so he doesn't need to actually write".

Old 06-28-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post

It also didn't help when she tried to insert things that she could not possibly know. Like stating one of the phone sounds was G.Z. hitting T.M..

Her whole game plan was to do her level best to cast T.M. in the best light possible and do whatever she could to help the prosecution.
I don't blame her, she was first questioned in the presence of the family, was T.M.'s friend and I'm sure had all this "guilt" weight as the only person who could "right this wrong" placed on her shoulders by the family and prosecution and now certain segments of the public.
This young lady got angry when it seemed the narrative she was being asked to give started going south and couldn't keep up with the stories she'd already told.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Have you ever been a witness in a murder trial that is being nationally televised and watched around the world? Wouldn't you feel a little nervous knowing that, whether you are testifying for the defense or for the prosecution, there's probably some nutcase out there who wants to kill you?
Oh, my, now you're blaming the witness because she's on national TV? Or sillier, blaming posters here for never having testified on TV?

Clue 1: The trial isn't about posters here.

Clue 2: Tell the truth.

/that's all

It will be highly amusing to read the stories and excuses when Zimmerman is acquitted. They're already starting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.