Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 03:52 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The people who are G. Zimmerman supporters can't see anything from Mr. Martin's perspective. They can't see that Mr. Zimmerman's actions might be alarming or cause fear from Mr. Martin.

Mr. Zimmerman is the brave hero in their minds and Mr. Martin is the big bad guy.

Every action in their minds that Mr. Zimmerman took was in response to the threat that Mr. Martin represented to Mr. Zimmerman. They don't perceive that Mr. Zimmerman's actions could be perceived as threatening or that Mr. Martin had any right or agency to stand his ground(not saying that is what Mr. Martin did).

In their minds, G. Zimmerman had every right to follow Mr. Martin the big bad, because of how Mr. Martin made G. Zimmerman feel.

Mr. Martin was suspicious you see.

Mr. Martin was a potential criminal you see.

Mr. Zimmerman was every man protecting his home from them you see.

Mr. Martin in their tale can't fight back because that means he should be shot. He can't be afraid of Mr. Zimmerman because Mr. Zimmerman is the hero. He can't be concerned that Mr. Zimmerman is going to follow him home where a 12 year old is located and hurt both of them so maybe he doesn't immediately go home until he is sure he lost this stranger following him in his vehicle then on foot.

See if someone viewed things from Mr. Martin's eyes, then Mr. Zimmerman's actions do look threatening. If someone views things through Mr. Martins eyes, then Mr. Martin has a right to self defense and to fight back and that doesn't automatically make him a murderous thug deserving of death.

But alas they don't see things through Mr. Martin's eyes. In their tale, Mr. Martin is the bad guy who is suspicious and dangerous and violent and deserving of being killed if he hits this strange man who was following him and who also has a loaded gun.

It is sick.
The sickness is coming from the people who can't see that Trayvon should have just kept on going home. When you're feet from home and someone is staring at you (according to you), or making you nervous, or scaring you, you go inside and lock the door.

I do see it from Trayvon's viewpoint. I would have hightailed it home. To not see this is what's sick.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Time to get this thing over with. Hopefully the jury does the right thing and sends the message that it's not advisable to run around playing cop.
So, as long as they convict you don't care if he is guilty?

At least you are honest.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:54 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
If Zimmerman is charged with murder, I give up on life.........
I don't understand. He's been charged with murder. He won't be charged again.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:55 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The sickness is coming from the people who can't see that Trayvon should have just kept on going home. When you're feet from home and someone is staring at you (according to you), or making you nervous, or scaring you, you go inside and lock the door.

I do see it from Trayvon's viewpoint. I would have hightailed it home. To not see this is what's sick.
Except that maybe he didn't want to lead a potential bad guy to his door.
Hell GZ was worried about giving his address in fear that TM might over hear it.
People don't always follow a logical course when they are rattled.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, as long as they convict you don't care if he is guilty?

At least you are honest.
Ill abide by the jury's finding. But no way is GZ an innocent victim in this story.

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Folks on this thread are making the same mistake that folks made during the O.J. Simpson case and any number of similar highly publicized trials. There is no inning by inning scores to be kept by one side or the other. The jury will find Zimmerman guilty or innocent based upon the totality of the evidence at the conclusion of the case. Trying to predict what a jury will do based upon opening statements, which are not evidentiary but rather an introduction of what each side thinks the evidence will show is a fools errant, or at best a pay check for "legal experts" sitting in TV studios.

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

WE hear all TM had to do was run away. Why? Why should he need to? He wasn't doing anything wrong at that point..
How do you know that?

Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Anyone else think Zimmerman should win the criminal trial but lose teh civil case?

He should win the criminal trial, then be excused from the civil trial on grounds of double jeopardy.
That's not double jeopardy. In fact I'm almost willing to say that's impossible but I'll have to ponder some more

But I agree with the 2nd answer. "Should" isn't up to us. Anyone with respect for the Constitution should go with the 14th. The best we can do is decide what we think based on the media not the evidence.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:57 PM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So you think it is okay to walk around with a loaded gun, chase after someone and provoke fear, and then shoot them dead when the other person reacts out of fear?
Walking is not chasing.

How do you know fear was provoked?

If indeed TM initiated physical force as the evidence suggests, GZ had every right to defend himself using lethal force if he felt he was in danger of great bodily harm or death.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:58 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,397,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Note really sure this was the case. It's been Proposed this was the case, but no evidence. It could also be GZ started to run after him at the Tee. Even where the body was found is not next to his house.

This was from a witness, and I believe like most other witnesses, some of it was retracted.

AFFIDAVIT: George Zimmerman Chased Down Trayvon Martin As He Tried To Run Home - Business Insider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies