Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Zimmerman is a sneaky, racist, beady-eyed ignoramus. A conniver extraordinaire. He was carrying a concealed weapon and spotted TM. TM simply minding his own business, eating Skittles. TM had been the victim of racism in the past, maybe even earlier that day. Black youth face some form of racial discrimination as a common experience of their daily iives. Racists who side with GZ ignore this fact, even as they themselves practice discrimination as a matter of course. Black youth are frequently profiled. Such is the case here. TM spotted GZ following him, singling him out because of his race and the way he dressed. He called him a name when talking on his cell phone, but so what? Referring to an ignorant racist by a derogatory name when talking to a third party is not a crime, and IMO justified.

GZ had a concealed weapon and wanted to use it on one of these black young men he deeply despised. GZ was told to stay in the car, but he approached TM and insulted the boy in such a way that would cause TM to take offense. GZ had a choice: 1) he could show that he had a weapon at which time TM would likely have restrained himself since he didn't want to die; or 2) he could NOT show his weapon, encouraging TM to fight him physically so that GZ could give witnesses the impression that TM was getting the better of him. GZ chose the SECOND option since he wanted to use that weapon.

Having gotten the boy to take the bait, GZ shot the boy as he was pleading for his life. GZ is a sick, maggot of an individual. This trial will not fall in his favor, and racists everywhere will once again see that there is no place in this society for supremely backwards and vile racists like GZ. Killing a kid simply for "eating Skittles while black" is a heinous crime that should land that sneaky conniver in jail for the rest of his life.

This is how it will play out. GZ going down for this.
Quite the little mind reader there, aren't you Lexi? You know just what Zimmerman was thinking during all that time...and in spite of testimony to the contrary, you just know it was Martin screaming for help and pleading for his life.

You also think that Z is a whole lot smarter than most of us. Conniver Extrodinaire? Really? He's some super-duper Matt Damon right there, ah? Most people, especially those that have taken a concealed carry class...see him as not too bright. Not down there with Precious perhaps, but no intellectual giant none the less.

Oh, and by the way...he wasn't "told to stay in his car". Do try to keep up.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 06-28-2013 at 05:21 PM..

Old 06-28-2013, 05:10 PM

362 posts, read 794,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Ok, how do you suggest Zimmerman got those injuries.......he smashed his nose himself??????
Seems plausible.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:10 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
His injuries didn't have to be life threatening for the shoot to be good. He only had to have reason to believe that he was in imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury.
If that being the case (not able to defend himself w/o a gun) maybe his punkass should not be going out following people at night.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Maybe he feared getting a blood test.
To me that is the only logical reason that I can think of, since he obviously was not a tough guy.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 PM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
This has bothered me as well. If his head had been bashed repeatedly, a sensible person would be concerned about a possible concussion or subdural hematoma. One would be concerned about cerebral
swelling. Zimmerman wasn't concerned about a broken nose, or he would have seen an ENT physician
as the PA suggested. He wasn't concerned about brain injuries, or he would have gone to the hospital
that night for a CT Scan and X-rays. The PA even testified that the cuts on the back of his head didn't
require bandages, unless the patient wanted them to keep debris out of the cuts. No stitches or butterfly bandages were needed. None of this is consistent with someone who claims to have been in extreme fear for his life. I'm curious about Det. Serino's testimony, if and when he's called.
It's remarkable how many people have demonstrated in this thread that they:

A. Watch too many movies.

B. Don't know diddly squat about self defense laws.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Whoa, was'nt zimmerman going to the gym and working out? If that being the case he should have put up more of a fight, unless he was setting Trayvon up to be shot from the begining.
Do you really think:

1) That he was smart enough to plan this all out as a way of murdering someone and getting away with it? If so, he's pretty brilliant. I mean, setting the state with the dispatch call. Then finding just the right "victim" that would both run away...but not so fast an overweight middle aged guy could still catch up with. Getting his "victim" to leave the safety of his house and come towads him on the dark path. I mean...he's really good at this stuff! Then getting the victim to cooperate by hitting him, while witnesses catch it. But not so hard that he is actually severely injured. The CIA really should get hold of him, he could teach them a thing or two about spy stuff!

2) That he had the stones to lay down on his back and let someone wail away on his face for a while before drawing a weapon?

You must see him as a whole lot smarter than many of us do.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared to Life View Post
What we have to remember George Z. did not think he was guilty, he truly thought that he was innocent based on the facts of Self Defense. So I understand his frame of mind during and after the incident. Some of the things that we are attacking George Z. for; not getting a lawyer, are things that guilty people normally do. Most likely his frame of mind at that time would be I am going to be 100% truthful with what happened. With the way that George Z. interpreted the law and the way the police of Sanford interpreted the law was that he did have the right to "stand his ground," He did not have the "mens rea" or guilty mind to commit the crime. I really think the second degree murder charge is to much. I do think that Mr. Z. is guilty but I think he is guilty of Voluntary Manslaughter. Mr. Z. did not get out of his car to murder someone. When he confronted Trayvon he did go into that situation wanting to kill Trayvon he wanted to know why he was in the neighborhood.

Now the question is what happened after Rachel Jeantal stated that Mr. Z asked the question and when Trayvon was shot.

Now we don't know if Trayvon tried to leave and Mr. Z. blocked him, If Trayvon hit him(Most likely what I would of done if someone confronted me when it is raining, dark, and I'm scared), or if Mr. Z attacked first. Then we don't know what happened in the fight who was winning, did Trayvon truly go for the gun(Something I would not do as a black male), who was on top, and how did Mr. Z's gun get out of his holster to shoot Trayvon.

I really only think Mr. Z is guilty Voluntary Manslaughter, he did not have the guilty mind to kill and there were circumstances that did lead up to the fight and the shooting.

One thing I was shocked to find out about was Mr. Z's aerobic or his MMA training 3 times a week and 3 hours every session.
....And still got his butt handed to him without connecting a single punch! Does that seem odd to anyone else but me?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Zimmerman doesn't have to prove anything.

OMG! Not THIS again.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,815,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think gz was pissed because Trayvon knocked him down and he reacted to that by shooting as quickly as he could get to his gun. It think it was about anger, not fear for his life.

However, I have to admit that IMO the State is doing a very bad job in this trial. At this point, Bernie seems to be enormously ineffective as a lead attorney. They've had good witnesses, but they certainly don't appear to have spent much time preparing them for testimony. Not coaching them Preparing them for what to expect when they were on the stand. I'm not impressed with the State's strategy so far.
Nor I. But its the luck of the draw. Plus OMara knows his opponent very well.

I don't have any expectations either way in this trial. Zimmerman is going to be haunted and will live in shadows for the rest of his life. He isn't worth wasting a thought on.

However it turns out I surely wouldn't want to be him. He is going to face a very grim future IMO.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Whoa, was'nt zimmerman going to the gym and working out? If that being the case he should have put up more of a fight, unless he was setting Trayvon up to be shot from the begining.
Going to the gym once in a while and playing MMA doesn't make you a fighter. Especially if the opponent is in better shape, and faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies